hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 240 of 243 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 4858

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I like me not this news. Bring me better news!
    6700 XT's are routinely selling for 400-450€ on the second hand market. If it's 1440p you're after it's pretty good.

Daxling you know I love you but this is not what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I believe the saying goes "Unspecified good news, best news".

It will be a saying. Eventually.

I can get a new 6700XT - a Sapphire at that - for £450. Buying a second hand mining card off some moop on ebay for that price does not count as good or even news.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-co...graphics-cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I like where the prices are heading, you can get a new AMD reference 6950XT for £850.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...-2310mhz-boost

Both nvidia and AMD have a new generation of cards launching in 2-3 months, they're probably heavily discounting parts for AIBs to allow them to shift remaining inventory after the crypto market fell apart.

EVGA sells/sold 3090 Tis for $1149 which, arguably, is not. half bad considering. Rumours/leaked Timespy scores puts the 4080 ahead of 3090 Ti scores, but perhaps not the best of sources and who knows what prices and availability the 4080 will have. If leaks are accurate, it will also feature 16GB of VRAM, compared to 24GB on the 3090 Ti.

Keep in mind that extra RAM means extra power consumption. I got a 3090 because cards were getting super scarce late 2020 and I couldn't get a 3080 and the RAM on the back of the card is a fucker to cool. It's also possible the 4000 series will boost RT more than rasterisation, which would be nice. On the other hand, they sound like they're going to be hot fuckers, which is bad news during the current energy crisis.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti: 'easily match' RTX 3090 Ti performance
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/87717...nce/index.html

All based on some person twittering so who knows

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Where are the proofs? These are not proofs.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...y-1-4-billion/

"Crypto-driven GPU crash makes Nvidia miss Q2 projections by $1.4 billion"

Oh No.
    Anyway.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Ex Crypto 3090s are going for £500 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Where are the proofs? These are not proofs.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    AIBs threaten NVIDIA Ada Lovelace GPU allocation: 'go pound sand': https://www.tweaktown.com/news/87418...and/index.html

NVIDIA is in a pickle... they have got their AIB partners with warehouses filled with older-gen Turing, and even Pascal-based GeForce RTX series graphics cards and they have forced NVIDIA's hand into helping them get rid of the older-gen cards before the launch of the next-gen cards in a few months.

In a new video, Tom @ Moore's Law is Dead says that his AIB sources are pissed over the situation, and are threatening their next-gen Ada Lovelace GPU allocation -- so, effectively they're willing to give up how many Ada Lovelace GPU dies to them over another AIB if NVIDIA don't help them get rid of old stock -- which is a big, big move.

The AIB sources explained: "This month we told NVIDIA to go pound sound. We don't want to buy anymore Ampere or Turing stock until we liquidate our existing warehouses. At this point we're even willing to risk Lovelace allocation if they threaten us". They in that situation, being NVIDIA.

"NVIDIA underestimated how desperate we were getting, but no more. They're finally working with us on solutions to clear as much stock as possible before Lovelace launches in October. BTW - the overwhelming majority of Used mining stock hasn't even hit the west yet. We need to get rid of these New cards NOW".

Another source told Tom: "Well, over here (ASIA) miners are definitely selling most of their stock off. I'd expect those cards to start flooding the west within weeks".
    Last edited by Nordstern; August 21 2022 at 01:45:00 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

This is such BS. Why is there so much stock (especially of Turing and Pascal wtf) considering the markets were devoid of GPUs for so long? Also stocks are still meh, albeit some are ok but then again nobody really wants to buy years old tech for half of the double of an already artificially inflated MSRP.

Inb4 Lovelace turns out to be another Turing, with mediocre performance gains over Ampere.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Miners are no longer buying up every GPU they can find and are also dumping what they have. There's also the knowledge that a new generation is 1-2 months away, depressing demand.

Those stocks aren't there from yesterday when miners realised that mining profit is going down the drain, they had some time to accumulate. Idk, it just sounds like propaganda, "look at us standing up to NVIDIA" when they actually have really no choice. It isn't like AMD has much larger capacity for production and there are a lot of integrators are NVIDIA exclusive (just as some like XFX are AMD-exclusive).

This is just a lot of posturing, there's nothing stopping these AIB partners to sell the cards cheaper, they would turn a hefty profit even then. It isn't like some high end cards cost that much to manufacture seeing how they've been skipping on parts quality for a while now.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Those stocks aren't there from yesterday when miners realised that mining profit is going down the drain, they had some time to accumulate. Idk, it just sounds like propaganda, "look at us standing up to NVIDIA" when they actually have really no choice. It isn't like AMD has much larger capacity for production and there are a lot of integrators are NVIDIA exclusive (just as some like XFX are AMD-exclusive).
    When the options are "stand up to nVIDIA" or "go bankrupt", you may well choose the former. If prices crash, you probably won't have the spare margin to make up for the loss. A recent Moore's Law Is Dead video goes into detail about the sorts of things that are going on behind the scenes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that nVIDIA's numbers for their most recent quarter were terrible (by nVIDIA standards), which probably means they were trying to push a lot of Ampere stock to make their numbers look better, hence the likely threats about next gen allocations if AIBs don't take on these Ampere chips.
    This is just a lot of posturing, there's nothing stopping these AIB partners to sell the cards cheaper, they would turn a hefty profit even then. It isn't like some high end cards cost that much to manufacture seeing how they've been skipping on parts quality for a while now.
    EVGA slashed the price of their 3090 Ti by 1000 USD. They don't have that margin by themselves, things are going on behind the scenes. When Ampere was released, there was evidence that being able to produce 3080 cards at MSRP was close to impossible at the prices nVIDIA were charging for chips.
    Last edited by El Capitano; August 22 2022 at 10:45:15 AM.

This is such BS. Why is there so much stock
    It's not just NVIDIA who have been hit by this. Just about every manufacturing sector that hit bottlenecks through COVI years has problems. There are warehouses full of Sofas, TV's, Running Machines.

The suits saw "demand go up, lets make loads" and nobody was able to predict that once people are let out again, they won't need to buy another new TV. Now add a global recession on top of that, and 2 year lead times to make new kit, and you have a bit of a problem. There is stock everywhere in warehouses and nobody can afford to buy it, nobody needs it and nobody wants it with the annual 1 year refresh constantly pushing new shit down your throat.

It's almost like global enforced capitalism is a bad thing and ends up in us drowning in our own waste.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    When the options are "stand up to nVIDIA" or "go bankrupt", you may well choose the former. If prices crash, you probably won't have the spare margin to make up for the loss. A recent Moore's Law Is Dead video goes into detail about the sorts of things that are going on behind the scenes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that nVIDIA's numbers for their most recent quarter were terrible (by nVIDIA standards), which probably means they were trying to push a lot of Ampere stock to make their numbers look better, hence the likely threats about next gen allocations if AIBs don't take on these Ampere chips.
    EVGA slashed the price of their 3090 Ti by 1000 USD. They don't have that margin by themselves, things are going on behind the scenes. When Ampere was released, there was evidence that being able to produce 3080 cards at MSRP was close to impossible at the prices nVIDIA were charging for chips.
    I got an FE at MSRP and I dont know anyone else who got a non FE at MSRP at launch. So this last line makes a lot of sense to me.