hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 248 of 252 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 5028

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

In the UK at least there are a lot of people selling founders edition 4090s that are allegedly sealed.

Does anyone know what price they sold them at? I never saw the actual sale price.

The prices on facebook are 1800-2000 for the realistic ones. (plenty of joke prices on there).

Nvidia themselves have confirmed that they're throttling supply. Of course they don't want people buying used 3090s, but they definitely do want people buying up Ampere stocks.

Cosmin, I always forget that you need things spelled out explicitly. I apologise for my thoughtlessness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Nvidia themselves have confirmed that they're throttling supply. Of course they don't want people buying used 3090s, but they definitely do want people buying up Ampere stocks.

Cosmin, I always forget that you need things spelled out explicitly. I apologise for my thoughtlessness.
    Oh, come on, I clearly wrote about used 3090s and you felt the need to comment, who in their right mind would spend on a 3090 from the store when their prices are still ridiculously high?

NVIDIA can say a lot of crap, it also depends on whether you believe them or not. So far most of my predictions were spot-on, go right ahead and take your time waiting for a 7900 in stock, I really hope you get the opportunity to get one. So far even people ordering 4090s have issues getting their hands on the cards in the context of people faffing about prior to the Lovelace launch about "shelves full of 4090s in stores" and other similarly dumb stuff. At the same time I fail to see those "Ampere stocks" being on the market as I assume you mean new cards by those not used cards. Please share where those huge that NVIDIA stocks that NVIDIA is dying to sell lay, because I've yet to see that many (if any at all). Scan has two models in stock - a Palit at 1200 quid and an ASUS at 1500 quid - both of which one would be mildly daft to purchase. Where I live now there are a few Ampere models in stock but those were there last summer too, I doubt any actually sold to customers and the price hasn't budged at all, instead 4090s are around 2000 EUR at least.

@Equium Duo - yep, those are the prices, which are absolutely bonkers seeing the MSRP is around 1400 (GBP). Meanwhile there's still a EKWB ASUS 3090 in stock at Scan for 1495 quid How many is "a lot", though?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Oh, come on, I clearly wrote about used 3090s and you felt the need to comment, who in their right mind would spend on a 3090 from the store when their prices are still ridiculously high?

NVIDIA can say a lot of crap, it also depends on whether you believe them or not. So far most of my predictions were spot-on, go right ahead and take your time waiting for a 7900 in stock, I really hope you get the opportunity to get one. So far even people ordering 4090s have issues getting their hands on the cards in the context of people faffing about prior to the Lovelace launch about "shelves full of 4090s in stores" and other similarly dumb stuff. At the same time I fail to see those "Ampere stocks" being on the market as I assume you mean new cards by those not used cards. Please share where those huge that NVIDIA stocks that NVIDIA is dying to sell lay, because I've yet to see that many (if any at all). Scan has two models in stock - a Palit at 1200 quid and an ASUS at 1500 quid - both of which one would be mildly daft to purchase. Where I live now there are a few Ampere models in stock but those were there last summer too, I doubt any actually sold to customers and the price hasn't budged at all, instead 4090s are around 2000 EUR at least.

@Equium Duo - yep, those are the prices, which are absolutely bonkers seeing the MSRP is around 1400 (GBP). Meanwhile there's still a EKWB ASUS 3090 in stock at Scan for 1495 quid How many is "a lot", though?
    On marketplace at least 30+ in that price range.

Scana re selling 3090ti FE's for £1200. I bought an FE 3080 and I love it, the thermals have been incredible, but I'm lead to believe that I was a lucky guy? Very anecdotal. Scan ahve had a 4090 in stock since launch, admitedly these are palit and zotac so not the most premium of brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

Scana re selling 3090ti FE's for £1200. I bought an FE 3080 and I love it, the thermals have been incredible, but I'm lead to believe that I was a lucky guy? Very anecdotal. Scan ahve had a 4090 in stock since launch, admitedly these are palit and zotac so not the most premium of brands.
    Interesting, so at least 30+ people regretting their future power bills (or scalping). Ohwell.

Interesting price for new 3090Ti tho, however I wouldn't bet there are a lot of those in stock tbh, it was a limited release card to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

Interesting, so at least 30+ people regretting their future power bills (or scalping). Ohwell.

Interesting price for new 3090Ti tho, however I wouldn't bet there are a lot of those in stock tbh, it was a limited release card to begin with.
    Yea you're right, they come on and off intermittently. I cant quite understand why, maybe getting them in small batches from nvidia or maybe some sort of "artificial supply move" by nvidia? None on the weekend, but available all week (including late friday night) as today only deals. Cant imagine they all got snapped up friday night and none were available over the weekend, but in fairness theya rent back ins tock yet. 4090 continues to have cards available at all times since launch everytime i checked on scan.

4080 reviews are out. The performance is much better than I expected compared to the 4090 given how anemic the specs looks in comparison. The price is ofc silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    4080 reviews are out. The performance is much better than I expected compared to the 4090 given how anemic the specs looks in comparison. The price is ofc silly.
    Performance is a shock considering how cut the die is. Power efficiency is amazing. A bit above 3090ti performance, rtx well above, with 60 degrees Celsius target and 2.5x less power draw. Great card. And it's all being overshadowed and somewhat ignored because of the very high price. I might get one early next year if they cut the price to compete with AMDs offering.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 16 2022 at 11:36:50 AM.

[QUOTE=rufuske;1967637]
    A bit above 3090ti performance, rtx well above, with 60 degrees Celsius target and 2.5x less power draw.
    It uses just 40% of the power draw of a 3090Ti?

[QUOTE=El Capitano;1967638]
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    A bit above 3090ti performance, rtx well above, with 60 degrees Celsius target and 2.5x less power draw.
    It uses just 40% of the power draw of a 3090Ti?
    Well not quite, I got a bit confused and too enthusiastic. I was refering to power consumption at locked fps

But even looking at total system power it's still very efficient card as seen in above in previous section of the vid. Very good card, shame about pricing.

Now let's see what AMD will bring to the table.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 16 2022 at 12:53:19 PM.

Yeah, I'm really pleasantly surprised by how efficient the 4080 in particular is. Those coolers seem massively overkill now.

When you're charging people $1200-$1500 for an -80 class, you want to give perceived value. A chonkmongous cooler let's them think they're not being totally ripped off.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Supply is fucked. Only one retailer in entire country received 5(!) cards. Rest have them listed as simply not available. I have a deja vu...

100+ Asus Tuf listed at one retailer in Sweden. 2000€ a pop give or take some percentages here and there.

Not flying off the shelves perhaps?

The thing is that anyone prepared to spend $1500 on a 4080 will be prepared to spend $2000 on a 4090 that does actually have about 25-30% more performance. So why settle for the 4080?

While people who actually care about value won't buy either.

Basically Nvidia are 'halo pricing' their whole range.

The thing is that anyone prepared to spend $1500 on a 4080 will be prepared to spend $2000 on a 4090 that does actually have about 25-30% more performance. So why settle for the 4080?

I'm 100% sure they will cut prices after AMD cards debut.

100+ Asus Tuf listed at one retailer in Sweden. 2000€ a pop give or take some percentages here and there.

Not flying off the shelves perhaps?
    The uplift on OEM cards given how good FE's are is totally unjustifyable.
    EVGA must be pissing themselves now.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

FE cards aren't sold in Europe as far as I'm aware. Never seen one listed at the larger retailers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

I'm 100% sure they will cut prices after AMD cards debut.
    NVIDIA never cuts prices, I'm unsure why on every generation there is this discussion.

FE cards aren't sold in Europe as far as I'm aware. Never seen one listed at the larger retailers anyway.
    I thought that they were sold by Nvidia on their website in the US. Did they sell them at stores as well?
    nevar forget