hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 178 of 187 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3736

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

I literally duct taped the fan cowling on my gtx560, then i thought it dieded and got myself a new card but that was a faulty PSU apparently so i shipped it off to pasture (secondary PC at a mate's garage) to render tanks until the bombs fall.

Also fans are about the easiest thing to replace.

Friend offered to buy my rx580 a drunk night when we were talking how he really needs an actual pc and not his ancient shit laptop.

I might have acquired an rtx2060 on the really cheap.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Friend offered to buy my rx580 a drunk night when we were talking how he really needs an actual pc and not his ancient shit laptop.

I might have acquired an rtx2060 on the really cheap.
    "Might have"? You can't just say that in passing without telling a story!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

If this can be done now, I don't think I'll be buying an RTX card.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Just to confirm the obvious, the RTX and especially DLSS is pmuch worthless on the cards at this time.

You barely notice the first in games where it's a thing and DLSS is just utter blurry dogshit.

So only worth getting it if it's the best option in your current budget regular performance wise.

Otoh that video is from crytec and they're full of shit at the best of times and dodgy fucks at... well... usually. So i'm taking it with some massive grains of salt until I see it actually applied somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

All scenes are rendered in real-time in-editor on an AMD Vega 56 GPU. Reflections are achieved with the new experimental ray tracing feature in CRYENGINE 5 - no SSR. Neon Noir was developed on a bespoke version of CRYENGINE 5.5., and the experimental ray tracing feature based on CRYENGINE’s Total Illumination used to create the demo is both API and hardware agnostic, enabling ray tracing to run on most mainstream, contemporary AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. However, the future integration of this new CRYENGINE technology will be optimized to benefit from performance enhancements delivered by the latest generation of graphics cards and supported APIs like Vulkan and DX12.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

All scenes are rendered in real-time in-editor on an AMD Vega 56 GPU. Reflections are achieved with the new experimental ray tracing feature in CRYENGINE 5 - no SSR. Neon Noir was developed on a bespoke version of CRYENGINE 5.5., and the experimental ray tracing feature based on CRYENGINE’s Total Illumination used to create the demo is both API and hardware agnostic, enabling ray tracing to run on most mainstream, contemporary AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. However, the future integration of this new CRYENGINE technology will be optimized to benefit from performance enhancements delivered by the latest generation of graphics cards and supported APIs like Vulkan and DX12.
    And possibly thanks to that tech demo Nvidia has just announced they will now enable Real-Time Ray Tracing on the GTX series as well:
    https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/n...ng-at-gdc-2019
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

In the process giving people who bought the 20xx-series the finger. Upgrading from a 1080ti seems even more pointless now.

I could buy a Radeon Pro with the capital gains I've made this year on my AMD stock. Or build a Ryzen 3rd gen system when they become available.

Hmm...

If it keeps going up, I'll probably do both!

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I could buy a Radeon Pro with the capital gains I've made this year on my AMD stock. Or build a Ryzen 3rd gen system when they become available.

Hmm...

You've probably just jinxed Zen 2 AND Navi gg

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    In the process giving people who bought the 20xx-series the finger. Upgrading from a 1080ti seems even more pointless now.
    Thing is, dx12 has raytracing support so this is not some impossible hot new concept. The question is the performance, and we know fuck all about it on the cryengine.

In theory the RTX cards should have the highest performance doing this shit by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Hmm...

Curses, you were right!

Economic data came out this morning, just noticed it now. Liquidated my AMD holdings and walked away with a 30% return, or $1200 minus commissions.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Hmm...

Curses, you were right!

Economic data came out this morning, just noticed it now. Liquidated my AMD holdings and walked away with a 30% return, or $1200 minus commissions.
    For the record I don't want to be right, I'm hoping Navi will be a good (value) upgrade for my RX480.

Personally I'm hoping for good 1440p performance for ~250$. So basically Vega 64/GTX1080 performance.

And now that nVidia decided to enable Freesync on their cards they're back in the running.

What about the fact that Google Stadia is running on AMD custom GPU's (with Intel cpu's though) that announcement would, I have thought been of the same impact as them building chips for another major console?

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    What about the fact that Google Stadia is running on AMD custom GPU's (with Intel cpu's though) that announcement would, I have thought been of the same impact as them building chips for another major console?
    Stadia is a retarded concept that assumes everybody has 1GBps internet connections. Which is dumb af.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

It just means they've got a reduced addressable market in the short term. It's not like Google need to make it work immediately with a short turn around time for scaleability and profitability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for good 1440p performance for ~250$. So basically Vega 64/GTX1080 performance.

And now that nVidia decided to enable Freesync on their cards they're back in the running.
    It's super limited tho it seems. Doesn't work on my freesync monitor with the rtx2060.

It's super limited tho it seems. Doesn't work on my freesync monitor with the rtx2060.
    works on my samsung with a 1080ti. Though it works far better on the monitor's normal free sync mode, the extreme/overdrive mode tends to flicker quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

works on my samsung with a 1080ti. Though it works far better on the monitor's normal free sync mode, the extreme/overdrive mode tends to flicker quite a bit.
    In that case it would barely do anything though.

But yeah it doesnt show up in the nvidia control panel thingy. Ah well.