hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 132 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2840

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

I think you'd need a pretty large display to get the 4k "pixel density" advantage without having to also scale away the pixel advantage to make anything readable (at least with MS Windows). And if you get a pretty large display it also gets pretty tall if you have a 16:9 which I personally don't like "ergonomically speaking".

I caved and ordered. Welp. Even though this is fuck-you money, the WAF on this is seriously low. Hope I can sneak a 34" monitor past her...

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    The ultra wide screens aren't 4k though - but still godly?
    Yes! It creates such a better experience. It is even better for simulation games. Car games, Star Citizen etc.
    Some lame games don't have a UI that doesn't support it (I'm looking at you Star Citizen ).

Then there are lame console ports like dark souls 3.
      Spoiler:

Didn't take me many minutes to claim refund on steam.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The ultra wide screens aren't 4k though - but still godly?
    Yes! It creates such a better experience. It is even better for simulation games. Car games, Star Citizen etc.
    Some lame games don't have a UI that doesn't support it (I'm looking at you Star Citizen ).

Then there are lame console ports like dark souls 3.
      Spoiler:

Didn't take me many minutes to claim refund on steam.
    http://www.wsgf.org/dr/dark-souls-iii/en

There are ultrawide fixes for most games out there

these range from relatively painless (install flawless widescreen) to pretty dumb (I had to hexedit Berseria's .exe to get that to work)
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Just imagine gaming like this all the time.

He has a bunch of 21:9 vids of various games, I just picked one of some reshade preset.

Only issue I see with 4k is that it requires serious graphics cards. And you can test this on your own NVIDIA card in 1080p by enabling 4x DSR in the control panel. If it works at a decent framerate, then go ahead and buy a 4k monitor. If not, stick with your 1080p, because that's the framerate you'll get in 4k.

From my experience, a stock Titan X (Maxwell) can barely pull 27FPS in Witcher 3 with everything maxed out and in 4x DSR (thus 4k by all intents and purposes), so a 4k monitor would not be appropriate in this case. Only replacement that could maybe push it would be a Titan X (Pascal) or a 1080Ti, and I doubt they can do more than 40FPS at best tbh considering the performance estimates from tests and stuff. So if you like that framerate (I don't, personally), go for it.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Only issue I see with 4k is that it requires serious graphics cards. And you can test this on your own NVIDIA card in 1080p by enabling 4x DSR in the control panel. If it works at a decent framerate, then go ahead and buy a 4k monitor. If not, stick with your 1080p, because that's the framerate you'll get in 4k.

From my experience, a stock Titan X (Maxwell) can barely pull 27FPS in Witcher 3 with everything maxed out and in 4x DSR (thus 4k by all intents and purposes), so a 4k monitor would not be appropriate in this case. Only replacement that could maybe push it would be a Titan X (Pascal) or a 1080Ti, and I doubt they can do more than 40FPS at best tbh considering the performance estimates from tests and stuff. So if you like that framerate (I don't, personally), go for it.
    Witcher 3 at 4K with maxed out everything gets 35-47 fps on my Pascal Titan X. G-Sync deal with frame raet dips, but you wont get 60fps on a single card in that game.
    That is one of the more demanding though (though nothing compared to the system destroyer that is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided), and framerate improves a lot with a couple of tweaks to settings. It depends what you want....60fps+ is still hard on a single card with some games, but that doesn't bother me on certain types of games....and it's childs play to get a solid 60+ on anything if you just don't max everything.

Its not like you need much AA at 4K which helps. 2x at most on some games really.

I fully agree with you there.

Also, DXMD is not optimised at all, it runs like a potato even with great hardware. Bonus points to the creators of DOOM and Battlefield 1 tbqfh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

I fully agree with you there.

Also, DXMD is not optimised at all, it runs like a potato even with great hardware. Bonus points to the creators of DOOM and Battlefield 1 tbqfh.

I will say this though.
    I put DXMD on Ultra everything, 4k, the lot. It ran like utter shite (unplayable really), but....

Fuuuuuuuuck it looks good. Seriously, ludicrously so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

Witcher 3 at 4K with maxed out everything gets 35-47 fps on my Pascal Titan X. G-Sync deal with frame raet dips, but you wont get 60fps on a single card in that game.
    That is one of the more demanding though (though nothing compared to the system destroyer that is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided), and framerate improves a lot with a couple of tweaks to settings. It depends what you want....60fps+ is still hard on a single card with some games, but that doesn't bother me on certain types of games....and it's childs play to get a solid 60+ on anything if you just don't max everything.

Its not like you need much AA at 4K which helps. 2x at most on some games really.
    I'm getting 75-100 fps (depending on how much is going on) @ 3440x1440 with everything at Ultra (no AA though) on a 1080 Ti. I think you'll need 1080 Ti in SLI mode to get >60 FPSin a lot of newer games.

upgrading my 960 to a 1070 this weekend aw yis

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

I'm getting 75-100 fps (depending on how much is going on) @ 3440x1440 with everything at Ultra (no AA though) on a 1080 Ti. I think you'll need 1080 Ti in SLI mode to get >60 FPSin a lot of newer games.
    Confirming dropping to 1440 from 2160 and removing AA makes a disgusting difference.

Informative video about the difference in the AMD vs. Nvidia render pipeline in dx11

The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    That and the AdoredTV video it links too is indeed very informative, thanks for posting them. Seems there is a good deal of untapped potential lurking beneath what gets benchmarked these days. If Vega delivers on most of it's promises the Ryzen+Vega+DX12 combination should be incredible.

And if I've understood the vid correctly the "Ryzen low resolution fps problem" is really an Nvidia DX11 driver "problem" exacerbated by the Ryzen CCX design.
    Last edited by Overspark; April 3 2017 at 08:19:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    lmao
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    lmao
    Man nvidia truly taking the piss for a while now.

Taking the piss out of people who pay 1,200$ for an end-user gaming GPU and milking them? Literally doing with those people what they are here for :>
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

How much better than a 1080 Ti is that card?

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Taking the piss out of people who pay 1,200$ for an end-user gaming GPU and milking them? Literally doing with those people what they are here for :>
    Very true.