hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 128 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2791

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

was recommended to NOT get an RX480 - not at its current price - by my hardware guy and in any case wait until after christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    was recommended to NOT get an RX480 - not at its current price - by my hardware guy and in any case wait until after christmas
    480s a little ripper and AMD are doing good work on their drivers, apparently the 480 is inching ahead of the 1060 in benchmarks now solely based on driver improvements. Always a good point holding off until after Christmas though, I hope the PCI-E power draw scare when the 480 first released didn't scare too many people off

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    If you can get one, I HIGHLY recommend a Fury card. The big honken air-cooled ones keep going on sale for close to RX480 prices and it's a vastly superior card, especially at higher resolutions.
    Except for power usage. Not important to everyone, but on that front the Fury is definitely worse. And probably noise under load too?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-186-_-Product

Currently $260 USD. You'd be a fool to buy anything else that is close to that price range.
    Those cards have a 275w TDP, whereas my Nano is 175w.

This particular card is also pretty quiet, with most reviews putting it around 33db under load.
    That's pretty good before you even put a custom fan profile on it.

The magic for these things isn't in their overclocking ability, it's the undervolting.
    I have my Nano undervolted 30mv no problemo. Some Tri-X Fury owners have reported being able to undervolt even more, in some cases 70-100mv (LOL).
    Conversely while they aren't the full Fiji chip, they DO overclock a bit better than the Nano/FuryX which means you *could* oc to Nano/FuryX levels.
    If I didn't build an ITX machine, I would have gone for that card.

If these cards were still $600+ I wouldn't recommend them.
    I'm just sayin if you deal in US currency, the current price point is too good to pass up.
    Last edited by prometheus; December 22 2016 at 06:36:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Hhmm. Dunno. I thought the rx480 as well as the 1060 to be pretty good cost/performance wise actually.

Yes, specific custom models, like the MSI rx 480 havent really moved (much) from MSRP. But even the 290 for the MSI seem to be not such a baad value. As posted in my link, other models can be had for like 240-250.
    A decent deal too was a sapphire rx470 8gb for 200 a few days ago at Saturn. For a FHD setup i d take that over a 480 even.

Imo past christmas pricing for these hardly changes much. General price might fall slightly, but then again the christmas time usually has more deals. The only reason to wait would be waiting for Vega i guess. But that will probably be late q1 at best, no?
    300 is kinda my upper end for gpu anyway though. So now is as good as ever ;P

At sub 300€ price i might consider a Fury ... but you dont get them for that here ;P
    Also, as pointed out the TDP is higher, only 4gb ...

Probably could run one on my 500w PSU. But i kinda prefer newer more efficient generations i guess.

That said, my rx480 actually arrived today
    Last edited by phoenix; December 22 2016 at 04:40:43 PM.

4gb HBM has been proven time and time again to NOT be a limitation of the Fury cards.
    As a single card, they are NOT for 4k.

Here's a fairly old article on the matter: https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...980-ti-titan-x
    The article is from 2015 so performance numbers have drastically improved since (thanks to AMD FineWine Technology), but they clearly go over what 4gb HBM is capable of in comparison to the 980ti & TitanX.
    Last edited by prometheus; December 23 2016 at 02:27:56 AM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Hhmm. Dunno. I thought the rx480 as well as the 1060 to be pretty good cost/performance wise actually.

Yes, specific custom models, like the MSI rx 480 havent really moved (much) from MSRP. But even the 290 for the MSI seem to be not such a baad value. As posted in my link, other models can be had for like 240-250.
    A decent deal too was a sapphire rx470 8gb for 200 a few days ago at Saturn. For a FHD setup i d take that over a 480 even.

Imo past christmas pricing for these hardly changes much. General price might fall slightly, but then again the christmas time usually has more deals. The only reason to wait would be waiting for Vega i guess. But that will probably be late q1 at best, no?
    300 is kinda my upper end for gpu anyway though. So now is as good as ever ;P

At sub 300€ price i might consider a Fury ... but you dont get them for that here ;P
    Also, as pointed out the TDP is higher, only 4gb ...

Probably could run one on my 500w PSU. But i kinda prefer newer more efficient generations i guess.

That said, my rx480 actually arrived today
    Hardware is a bit on the more expensive side here due to :lolaustria:, it's basically german prices + 5-10%; and many things are not that easily available; especially if you don't want to mailorder hardware (I prefer having a brick and mortar store to go to in case of problems/RMA)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Hardware is a bit on the more expensive side here due to :lolaustria:, it's basically german prices + 5-10%; and many things are not that easily available; especially if you don't want to mailorder hardware (I prefer having a brick and mortar store to go to in case of problems/RMA)
    Hehe, yes. Back in Vienna i usually went with local dealers too .. Ditech (back when they only had 1 shop), E-tec, NRE ...
    But now living in the woods its mail order anyway (with rare exceptions), and most comes from germany, thanks to LogoIX

I work a block away from a big ncix store which is awesome. When I can start buying kit I just walk 5 minutes to pick it all up then bring it home with me after work Only catch is I get ripped off buying using maple money

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Got my 1050ti + i5 3470 box home and it's tearing through everything I throw at it, only thing it couldn't play completely maxed out was Metro. It can even do Fallout 4 at all ultra but it is only at 1080p. I got the Asus 4GB dual fan OC 1050ti, it was a bit of a struggle fitting it onto the BTX board because the cpu heatsink got in the way, rotating it fixed that though
    Last edited by 56k Lagman; January 17 2017 at 03:17:14 AM.

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    It can even do Fallout 4 at all ultra but it is only at 1080p.
    I find this unlikely...
    Take it to the Boston area and tell me how that works
    YouTube - LiveStream

ok sorry buddy didn't mean to offend your gpu but good point, I get like 50fps but I literally played it for 10 minutes

phoneposting

I can believe a lot of things, but a 1050ti *actually* playable in FO4 Ultra is a bit of a stretch.

The whole 1050 line seem like total wastes, just like the RX460. The price gap is so small, that unless there's a regional issue you're probably better with a RX470.
    The 1060 is too much money to compare, because then the RX480 becomes the better buy anyhow. It's like they were designed to simply fill the gap as low tdp cards to fit into laptops and OEM desktops.

Right now in Canada the cost difference between an EVGA 1050ti & an ASUS ROG RX470 is $30, PLUS you get Hitman fo free
    Last edited by prometheus; January 17 2017 at 05:39:14 AM.
    YouTube - LiveStream

Sure do but for my niche needs the 1050ti cannot be beat. Find me a better performing card powered only by the pcie lane

phoneposting

>im happy with the card i bought
    >"no ur not lol there are better cards"

okay.jpg
    MAX damage posting

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    >im happy with the card i bought
    >"no ur not lol there are better cards"

okay.jpg
    YEAH LAGMAN, STOP BEING HAPPY.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Lagman should sell his new GPU right now because someone on the Internet doubts he can play some shit game at ultra.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Got both my 1080 with a vendor-provided closed liquid loop, same with the CPU, and no matter what I throw at it there's barely any noise at all.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

I mean even the reference 1080 coolers are dead silent unless you turn them up manually. Same as the 980s.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

thanks for sticking up for me friends

phoneposting

I got the 480 and I am really liking it. It is especially nice with my Freesync monitor.