hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206213214215216
Results 4,301 to 4,312 of 4312

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

I *think* i've just Pre-Orderd a Sapphire 6800 XT through OverClockers.
    There is an order confirmation in my inbox at least, and i've got a reciept through Amazon Pay, as it was the only payment that didn't keep crashing.

Possible *glee* time will tell.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Just 1 funny data point: A 6800XT stock matches a 3090 stock in Horizon Zero Dawn at 1440p.

On average, seems very strong competition at 1080p and 1440p. Slightly beats the 3080, or it just depends which game atm? Also, 16GB vs Nvidia's 10GB...
    For 4K, Nvidia is ahead but at what cost/frame?
    As for RT and a first implementation, it's better than 20 series but that's not good enough atm.
    For rivalling DLSS, the FidelityFX counter isn't ready yet but can come with drivers and game updates? Without it, the 30 series romps away at pseudo high resolutions. Though the concept of holding up Minecraft benchmark results as your ~1k GPU champion seems ludicrous to me.

6900XT could be spicy. But really it's the unannounced 6700 variation(s) + software updates that'll decide this generation. GPU competition has been restored.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 18 2020 at 03:04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Though the concept of holding up Minecraft benchmark results as your ~1k GPU champion seems ludicrous to me.
    Right, but how many frames on QuakeGL ? :rolleyes:

MS Flight Simulator 2020 is where it's at.
    nevar forget

Looks like the infinity cache is doing wonders at 1080 and 1440p with the 3080 being mostly faster at 4k. Interesting choices for hardware enthusiasts these days, I like it!

The 3070 looks out of place despite being cheaper than the 6800 and we won't see pricedrops anytime soon with nvidias launch issues.

It's a big win for consumers - if only we could buy them. All in all, the most anticipated launches this fall have been one big cock-tease:

Want new GPU? HAHA YOU CANNOT HAVE IT UNTIL 2021!
    Want new console? SURE THING - SUMMER 2021 FOR YOU!
    Want your life back? SURE THING - VACCINES FOR ERRYONE IN 2022!

Savings account is growing nice and fat though.

"NO CARD FOR YOU" email oh well. It seemed too easy. lets see if 'backloading the channel' is just AMD hype BS.

First 2-3 weeks are always lacking in inventory when a new card launches in this part of the world so that would be par for the course. Except this time Nvidia has left a gaping supply hole one that AMD hasn't planned for and has no possibilty to fill so I expect Radeon cards to be scarce as well but at least hopefully shipping to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Though the concept of holding up Minecraft benchmark results as your ~1k GPU champion seems ludicrous to me.
    Right, but how many frames on QuakeGL ? :rolleyes:
    You say that but IIRC raytracing was first demo'ed in working form on a version of the Quake 2 engine, so....maybe Quake benchmarks are making a comeback?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...for_aib_cards/

"This was my warning stating that it would be a similar experience as 3080 launch.

I'm here again just to give you guys some more insight on what's been going on. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Since the time I posted, we've (ASE) only gotten more orders for Microsoft and Sony chips. You are extremely lucky if you could get your hands on a RDNA2 card before 2021.

As for yields from TSMC, what we're certain it's around 35~50% for big navi. For MS and Sony console chips it's around 65%, give or take 5.

MS and Sony orders are top priorities for AMD, that's why there's just so few big navi chips.

Silicon wafers itself is on low supply already, you will most likely see prices for monitor to go up next year

Again, I won't be able to show you "proof" or evidence that I'm an employee or what I said is true, so just take it all with a grain of salt.

Most importantly, calm down and wait, there's really not much you can do otherwise. Getting pissed off by Nvidia and AMD is simply not worth it."

oof
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Clearly a bit of a moron for stating in their previous post that they work "at ASE in Taiwan". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASE_Group
    We can assume they're young and too eager, which means they won't know what's being negotiated for future supply contracts by higher-ups, so yes more than a pinch of salt required.

I still don't get how people are judging this launch after <24hours, and of only the reference cards, instead of ~24 days. It's not objective.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 19 2020 at 03:22:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

On the other hand, I absolutely believe that AMD are giving MSoft and Sony priority production, because that is the sort of thing that would have been baked into the contracts 5 years ago - at a point when AMD would have gladly agreed to produce as much as they wanted forever, especially for that developent money up front which they got. And I'm not even mad, because without those contracts, AMD would probably have folded.

Waiting 2-3 months for a 6800XT means that I'll get an extra 2-3 months more use out of this old 1060GTX. Ditto the Ryzen 2700. The one who's actually suffering here is #1 nephew who is using Intel integrated graphics on an old Dell crapbox. Poor little bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.