hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180187188189190
Results 3,781 to 3,788 of 3788

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombcrater View Post
    It has to be one of those weird corporate hive-mind quirks. If anyone had been paying attention the Radeon 290 fiasco was more than enough to show how terrible blower coolers are. But, no, nobody listening.

RTG's new boss, Scott Herkelman, was previously at NVidia. I'm pretty sure he knew full well how bad for AMD's image blowers have been, but I suppose to took one last fail to convince AMD management to do something. It's pretty bad PR when the biggest tech channel on Youtube reviews a graphics card and has to point out the cooler is so shit it would overheat and execute a hard power-off in high FPS situations like a menu screen.
    Yup, no matter how much the cards are good and perform just fine and are a p great deal, "overheats at 50db" is fucking awful and puts a massive damper on any of it.

Id like to say im super glad for channels like GN being around and doing a glorious job tho.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I also really hate it when people call things "quiet" that are anything but. Like those portable air conditioners that are supposed to be "silent", "whisper level" or whatever. NO! YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE BETWEEN REALLY LOUD AND ABSURDLY LOUD!!!!! STOP CALLING IT SOMETHING IT DEFINITELY ISN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hardware Unboxed takes a look at Navi's image sharpening feature.

Normally I tend to think that this kind of closeups are mostly self defeating as in if you have to examine the image that close, it's probably "good enough". But that Battlefield 5 example really popped imo.

DLSS is so awful it's amazing.

Pretty good job there, I'm impressed.

Keeping an eye on this because I do kinda want one. But not with goddamb hovercraft noise levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Keeping an eye on this because I do kinda want one. But not with goddamb hovercraft noise levels.
    Custom cooled cards apparently arrive in a month or so.

Also, apparently you need to turn off image sharpening (for everything) if you want VR to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Custom cooled cards apparently arrive in a month or so.

Also, apparently you need to turn off image sharpening (for everything) if you want VR to work.
    VR is of no interest to me. But yeah I will wait until there's some actual diversity available. I'm not exactly suffering with a 1060GTX, so it's not urgent; I'd just like to do it while the 1060 has some 2nd hand value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!