hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115165205212213214215216 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4312

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    That looks like the reference card. I wonder if AMD actually managed to make a half decent cooling solution on this one.

As a personal reflection, I've noticed that I react to various cooling designs estethics wether they're ugly or not and it annoys me somewhat. I mean I really don't (intellectually) care about the looks of a frikkin gpu but apparantly.... I do.

Stupid brain.
    "The heart has its reasons that reason cannot know..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/graphi...ing-benchmarks

this looks really interesting

nov 5th for zen3
    nov 18th for 6800 series cards

time will tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post

nov 5th for zen3

time will tell
    Hm do they show any Raytracing benchmarks? Have they shown any? I can't remember seeing any and it's the one thing that worries me with this in its absence.

Like I doubt they perform as well as Nvidia cause that system is more mature by now but I question just what the difference is.

nov 5th for zen3

time will tell
    Hm do they show any Raytracing benchmarks? Have they shown any? I can't remember seeing any and it's the one thing that worries me with this in its absence.

Like I doubt they perform as well as Nvidia cause that system is more mature by now but I question just what the difference is.
    I've seen leaks here and there and the 3080 was around 33% faster than the 6800XT which in turn was as fast as the 2080Ti. It wasn't game benchmarks though, some Microsoft sdk type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

nov 5th for zen3

time will tell

I've seen leaks here and there and the 3080 was around 33% faster than the 6800XT which in turn was as fast as the 2080Ti. It wasn't game benchmarks though, some Microsoft sdk type of deal.
    Thanks!

Guess we can only wait now to see how it performs in the real world.

The leakmarks I saw put the 6800XT on par with the 3070 for RT.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

We know Jensen loves that kitchen of his, but do you think tomorrow's dinner there is going to be a slow stew, or in need of lots of fibre, or just overseasoned..?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Flash-fry

Rumors have it, the stock of 6800/XT cards are virtually non-existent
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I had some black screen issues with the Vega 64. I used the auto undervolt setting in the Radeon driver and it works smoothly now. I should have done that a lot earlier.

That pushes my update idea into January when the patch for my B450 is out and I can switch to 5600x and 6800xt. Maybe.

Does the gpu ram sharing thingy need a b550 or will that feature work with a b450 as well?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm disappointed, but not exactly surprised and have resigned myself to "maybe a new card early next year".

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Does the gpu ram sharing thingy need a b550 or will that feature work with a b450 as well?
    550 and above right now, though maybe subject to change.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

[QUOTE=Itiken;1917791]
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm disappointed, but not exactly surprised and have resigned myself to "maybe a new card early next year".

Same. I'll check back in February, I reckon. As long as I'm sour-grapesing, I may as well congratulate myself on the opportunity to wait until the inevitable initial driver, bios and production issues are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Guess the waiting game it is then.

But only because one can't travel anyway. Otherwise I'd not have the money.
    nevar forget

I read an article suggesting NVIDIA have figured out how it works, and how to replicate it on any card/mobo/shipset combo going, sugesting it's not magic, but jsut fiddling with PCI settings. Entirely likely to be bollocks as NVIDIA are full of shit, but inquiring minds and all.

If NVIDIA are no telling porkies, then expect more support down the line for AMD goodies.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

That pushes my update idea into January when the patch for my B450 is out and I can switch to 5600x
    Wasn't that just for X470, getting Zen3 support?

As for Radeon 6000 supply

What you are going to see will be different from what NVIDIA has done.

AMD MBA cards will be in short supply up front. However, where you saw NV front-load almost all its cards, AMD is backloading. Once AIB cards hit, you will see 5 to 7 times the inventory released than what NV has shipped total in NA at this time. AMD will be heavily back-loaded into the channel. AMD is shipping ASIC BOM kits nearly daily to AIBs at this point and it will continue to happen throughout Q4. There will be a decent supply through Q4.

Now let me say this again as it is worth hearing. There is no way that when AMD was doing its projections for supply, that it could have even fathomed that NVIDIA would totally shit the bed on 3080/90 supply for the quarter, effectively abandoning the $500 to $1000 GPU TAM. NVIDIA has left such a gaping hole in the market that there is no way it can be filled currently. From my information and analysis, AMD projected to grow its portion of the TAM and will have inventory to do that. The sad fact is that NV simply abandoned its customer in that market and there is no possible way for AMD to fill the void.
    So wait the extra week after AMD-reference-design only cards release, then see how the launch of the AIBs' cards goes for a few weeks before judging.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 17 2020 at 08:07:51 PM.

That is a very thick layer with bullshit

MicroCenter has already revealed numbers they are getting from AMD for todays launch.
    And the shipments from board partners is not very promising either.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Another launch where supply cannot hope to meet demand then. Leaving people in queues or at the mercy of scalpers.

Ive given up hope of being able to build a zen3 / Radeon 6000 system this year.

Which is a shame as I wanted to play cyberspunk over chrimbo and my current PC wont run it. Oh well. Bit of a pain but life goes on.

Zen3 by xmas looks very easily doable, backorders are getting mostly filled in the next couple of weeks. At least for UK/Europe.

I read an article suggesting NVIDIA have figured out how it works, and how to replicate it on any card/mobo/shipset combo going, sugesting it's not magic, but jsut fiddling with PCI settings. Entirely likely to be bollocks as NVIDIA are full of shit, but inquiring minds and all.

If NVIDIA are no telling porkies, then expect more support down the line for AMD goodies.
    It's perfectly possible that Nvidia know how to implement it, they just haven't bothered because they didn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Zen3 by xmas looks very easily doable, backorders are getting mostly filled in the next couple of weeks. At least for UK/Europe.
    Well yeah as I've been saying, CPUs are much easier to produce in volume than GPUs. Yeah, Zens need to have the IO chiplet added to the CPU, but they're made by GloFo who, to put it kindly, are not worried about being capacity-constrained.