hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67117157164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3368

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

I have multiple options:
    - turn the cooler 90*
    - use another PCIe 16x slot (Rampage IV Extreme);
    - use a PCIe riser cable (already have one);
    - Cooler Master liquid cooling on the CPU instead of the Noctua (already have it for testing purposes, found an empty one on ebay lul).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    who the fuck uses a trackpad in 2018
    Mac users. Coupled with OS X it's the best input experience on the market. It's a large part of why we quite happily pay the apple tax for the rest of the hardware.
    The apple tax actually sounds a lot less horrible after dealing with all of W10's bloat and spying

But for now I have Mint on everything but my gaming PC
    Don't for a second think your Mac isn't spying on you as well. It sends just as much telemetry back to apple as windows does to microsoft, they are just a bit less upfront about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Mac users. Coupled with OS X it's the best input experience on the market. It's a large part of why we quite happily pay the apple tax for the rest of the hardware.
    The apple tax actually sounds a lot less horrible after dealing with all of W10's bloat and spying

Don't for a second think your Mac isn't spying on you as well. It sends just as much telemetry back to apple as windows does to microsoft, they are just a bit less upfront about it.
    Apple have long been worse than MS in all areas of anti-consumer fuckery. It's not even that they're less upfront, it's more than people don't feel as pressured to use Macs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Little Snitch takes care of that. Literally everything the system does on the interwebs, it can control.

It will prompt you about what your system does and who it talks to about anything and let me tell you, Apple is nowhere near Microshit regarding telemetry sent.

You mean other than the huge fuckoff screen you get during the install that tells you what they collect and asking for your permission about it?
    meh

Which you can deny to share and continue using the computer just fine.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Which you can also do during a Windows 10 install. Why are we talking about this in a video gamescards thread again?
    Last edited by Overspark; December 1 2018 at 11:52:33 AM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Which you can also do during a Windows 10 install. Why are we talking about this in a video games thread again?
    capitalist tribal warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Which you can also do during a Windows 10 install. Why are we talking about this in a video gamescards thread again?
    Maybe they changed the way you install Windows, but when I did it a couple? years ago it was full with predatory practices, like "options" to not share were in a link that was written with font 6 and the OK was a huge button. Apple has nothing of that shit. I don't really like either companies, but at least Apple doesn't rely on you having bad vision when you install their OS or agree to their stuff.

Also capitalist tribal warfare xD

Video. Card. Thread.

People should stop posting uninformed nonsense that needs correction in here then.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    After perusing multiple websites the past few weeks, looking for a good deal on an upgrade to my RX580 4GB, I have decided to wait for Navi.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    After perusing multiple websites the past few weeks, looking for a good deal on an upgrade to my RX580 4GB, I have decided to wait for Navi.
    Yeah that seems the only sensible choice. Sitting on an 8GB RX480 here, and will probably do the same.

Likewise. I was thinking of putting together a new build with Black Friday stuff, but really couldn't bring myself to pull any triggers with the ridiculous RAM prices, and the somewhat marginal upgrade from my GTX 970 with my 60 Hz monitor.

Maybe when the next round of stuff is out, I'll be looking for an ultrawide or high-refresh rate monitor.

I mean, if the Sapphire RX590 drops to $250 or the XFX Vega 56 goes to $350 again, then I'll consider getting it. But if Navi looks like a gamechanger, I'll just hold out for that.

In the meantime, I'm actually looking for an IPS display that has over 60Hz refresh and low response time.
    Last edited by Nordstern; December 2 2018 at 06:27:24 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    But if Navi looks like a gamechanger, I'll just hold out for that.
    Navi release is good topic for speculation actually. Nvidia isn't releasing a 2060 anytime soon by the looks of it. In fact they just relaunched a 1060 with slightly faster mem so AMD isn't actually in a rush to release a new mainstream part.

Apparantly they will demo Navi at CES january 9. The first silicon from TSMC that came in Q3 was "satisfactory" whatever that means. Release according to their roadmaps is 1:st half 2019 so that's a rather wide margin.

My guess is that AMD will try to launch Navi as late as possible in 1:st half seeing how Polaris is a perfectly capable competitor to the 1060. And Nvidia might not want to launch their mainstream part until after AMD has launched Navi in the same way they did following the Polaris launch. So I think we stand a good chance at a late launch in June but with good availability from day one. For once.

I really don't want to wait 6 months for a new lineup. But if I bought a RX590, that would be my fifth Polaris card, which is ridiculous.

RX460 2GB
    2x RX560 4GB (wanted to try Crossfire, it was bad)
    RX580 4GB in new system
    ???

Waiting till middle 2019 to compete with a 1060?

Wat.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    In other news

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/titan/titan-rtx/

$2499

NVIDIA TITAN RTX
    Architecture NVIDIA Turing
    Frame Buffer 24 GB GDDR6
    Boost Clock 1770 MHz
    Tensor Cores 576
    CUDA Cores 4608
    TLR it's a Quadro RTX 6000 but 60% cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Waiting till middle 2019 to compete with a 1060?

Wat.
    Wat? You lack a point somewhere.