hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196203204205206
Results 4,101 to 4,108 of 4108

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

  1. #4101
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,575
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    3050ti when
    Just like the 2050: never.

    If you're lucky, they'll release a 2660. That is if they keep their scheme from the last generation.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  2. #4102
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    3050ti when
    Just like the 2050: never.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia....480835.0.html

    16 series was the entry-level Turing. They couldn't name it RTX because it had no tensor cores while this will.
    Last edited by RazoR; September 18 2020 at 05:50:29 AM.

  3. #4103
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,608
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    3050ti when
    Easter
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  4. #4104
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,910
    I'm building a new PC right now and I need something in the next couple of months.

    I guess I will try to snag a 3070. The 3080 was overkill for me anyway as I don't currently have a 4k monitor

  5. #4105
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,608
    It will be interesting to see if the 3070 has the same relative lack of efficiency at 1440p vs 4k as the 3080, or if Nvidia have rebalanced it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  6. #4106
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the 3070 has the same relative lack of efficiency at 1440p vs 4k as the 3080, or if Nvidia have rebalanced it somehow.
    It will. It's caused by not increasing clocks but adding cores instead. Performance gap narrows the lower resolution gets. If you want low res, high fps you will love what Big Navi is going to bring to the table.

  7. #4107
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,608
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the 3070 has the same relative lack of efficiency at 1440p vs 4k as the 3080, or if Nvidia have rebalanced it somehow.
    It will. It's caused by not increasing clocks but adding cores instead. Performance gap narrows the lower resolution gets. If you want low res, high fps you will love what Big Navi is going to bring to the table.
    Well at dual 1440p idk if my set up qualifies as "low res" just yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  8. #4108
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the 3070 has the same relative lack of efficiency at 1440p vs 4k as the 3080, or if Nvidia have rebalanced it somehow.
    It will. It's caused by not increasing clocks but adding cores instead. Performance gap narrows the lower resolution gets. If you want low res, high fps you will love what Big Navi is going to bring to the table.
    Well at dual 1440p idk if my set up qualifies as "low res" just yet
    It's a simple pixel proportion. Do the multiplication and extrapolate from the chart you' re closest to.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •