hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137144145146147
Results 2,921 to 2,927 of 2927

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

Btw, a new reason why people shouldn't put too much stock in Steam hardware survey: chinese cyber cafes were doing something (using VMs?) to cause miscounting of language, OS and hardware popularity. AMD gains 4+4% swing in a month from this fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    What's the point though

Well if we just look at the cpu side of things after some quick googling AMD has appeared to be losing market share for the last six months or so which to me seems really weird given the hype/performance/stock situation at various vendors. Not to mention that AMD actually posted some pretty strong financial results.

The huge jump in marketshare in the steam survey isn't a huge jump. Instead AMD has steadily been taking marketshare in 2017 which was temporarily suppressed by Valves software not detecting all those chinese cyber cafe's running VMware for that PubG craze that exploded last year over there.

Not sure it's very important though. I mean it might be accurate statistics of Steam users but I'm uncertain of how accurate it is to the actual PC market share.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; May 4 2018 at 08:49:01 PM.

The point is a heck of a lot of game devs use the Steam Hardware Survey to know what to target for hitting certain %s of potential players w.r.t. features and/or quality levels. If they didn't think there was as much decent multicore support, or Vulkan enabled OSs, they might delay leveraging such features for another expansion/version/game, and bias their implementations towards certain GPU families (which becomes something of a positive feedback loop, or at least nVidia & Intel have always tried to make it so).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Prices actually seem to be coming down. Saw a 1070ti for less than 400!

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Prices actually seem to be coming down. Saw a 1070ti for less than a kidney!
    russian edition

Tried that Geforce NOW beta, pretty good!

Tried WoT which is ping dependent and it was easily tolerable. If anything just to try the ultra graphics.

It's free atm for beta, no idea what it is going to cost when released.... maybe 10 a month?