Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    For What? Content creation? Mining?
    Pretty much just gaming.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    For What? Content creation? Mining?
    Pretty much just gaming.
    Red or green, pick your favorite colour.

Cosmin was talking about compute performance not gaming.

What res screen?

Tbh I'm in the same boat as you. Have a 970. Nothing making me upgrade yet. Maybe the 590 will shake thing up but I'm not holding my breath. It'll be 1080ish performance for 270 quid?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I don't even know why they insist on the computing sector without having an excellent performer.

- Hey, can you try and run your cancer research on our boards? I promise they're good.
    - What market share you got?
    - Ermh *cough cough, rabble rabble*
    I could make a lot of comments about your post, but I'll just ask this question: In terms of performance-per-watt and performance-per-dollar, how does AMD compare to NVIDIA?
    I wasn't trying to bash AMD. They are very competitive up to a point. Unfortunately, that point is far behind NVIDIA's current flagship, which makes them the best of the rest (where the rest is really just AMD). Which gives them a really poor image. Not that their marketing department is any good (anymore).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

@pattern: hah, somehow I've missed that line of conversation, the resulting confuse makes sense.
    @duck: 1600x1050; so far the 3GB 1060 has been chugging along just fine, but I'm planning to splurge for a 1440p screen over the holidays, so will probably need more silicon to drive games on the thing properly.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    What res screen?

Tbh I'm in the same boat as you. Have a 970. Nothing making me upgrade yet. Maybe the 590 will shake thing up but I'm not holding my breath. It'll be 1080ish performance for 270 quid?

The Red Devil Radeon RX 590 8GB GDDR5 comes with a game bundle that's worth $180 if purchased from a selected eTailer. The list of unreleased AAA titles include Resident Evil 2 (2019), Devil May Cry 5 and The Division 2. PowerColor didn't reveal the pricing for the Red Devil Radeon RX 590 8GB GDDR5. However, the Radeon RX 590 is expected to launch November 15, so we won't have to wait long to find out.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/po...ecs,38069.html
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    What res screen?

It won't be that fast. Not even close. It will cement it's position as the fastest midlevel card bit it won't even reach the 1070 unless they clock it to 1800 MHz.

And it won't go that high if the scaling from the 14 nm Ryzen to the 12 nm is anything to go by.

My 570 can run att 1525 MHz with screaming fans and thoughts and prayers but you can't market that. A similar 590 oc would probably end up short of 1800. Again, assuming similar scaling compared to The Ryzens.

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    @pattern: hah, somehow I've missed that line of conversation, the resulting confuse makes sense.
    @duck: 1600x1050; so far the 3GB 1060 has been chugging along just fine, but I'm planning to splurge for a 1440p screen over the holidays, so will probably need more silicon to drive games on the thing properly.
    From personal experience, depends on what you're playing. CSGO will run just fine at 1440p on the 1060, however for those 43.75% more pixels in other games you may need serious oomph. Depending on the rest of your system you may or may not be CPU limited, but generally you'd want a 1080Ti if you're aiming for high refresh 1440p AAA games to be maxed out.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.