hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 171 of 190 FirstFirst ... 71121161168169170171172173174181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3789

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

Before blowing your wad on the 2060, watch this. I mean if Linus is unimpressed and recommends the 1160... wat.

https://youtu.be/fCTieiaSMYA
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Before blowing your wad on the 2060, watch this. I mean if Linus is unimpressed and recommends the 1160... wat.

o wow didnt even realize dlss is 4k only

yeah good luck with the 6gb vram and using that with proper textures lmao

and they want to release a 4gb version? phahha oh wow

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    wow didnt even realize dlss is 4k only
    Really? How did I miss that? That changes things for sure.

Like I said, if the 1160 is actually a thing, and it's cheaper with the same performance but without the raytracing stuff it'll be a winner. In not going to spend more than the rest of my system on first gen tech, but I'll happily spend what I spent on my 970 for a significant speed bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Like I said, if the 1160 is actually a thing, and it's cheaper with the same performance but without the raytracing stuff it'll be a winner. In not going to spend more than the rest of my system on first gen tech, but I'll happily spend what I spent on my 970 for a significant speed bump.
    Yeah definitely. If it's a thing it is likely a great deal. But I suspect it will be fucked with in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    wow didnt even realize dlss is 4k only
    Really? How did I miss that? That changes things for sure.
    The usual NVIDIA "pls read fineprint that we don't really print" bs.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

The whole 20xx series at the moment feels like it wasn't ready for release but Nvidia had put themselves on the back foot by not having an 11 series.. It looks promising but by the time all the new stuff is ready and working (as in in games) the 21xx series that runs it all 30% faster at half the cost will be out.

A cheaper 11xx series now could be a massive error though as people will just forego the bleeding edge hyper expensive tech for the cheaper card, effectively killing off raytracing just as it is getting going. A slower 11xx series card will see them losing ground against navi (assuming it's also cheaper)..

It feels like Nvidia did this to themselves as even the 10xx series cards weren't a great price to performance over to 9xx series and it looks like they think they could just get away with more of the same.

It looks promising but by the time all the new stuff is ready and working (as in in games) the 21xx series that runs it all 30% faster at half the cost will be out.
    This was always going to be true so that's not really a reason not to bring out new tech. The 20 series main problem is that the chip is just too large and still doesn't have enough grunt for raytracing. This gives us the huge pricetag and pointless/lackluster features. That whole series was made for a 7nm process. At least that way they could have released a first gen card with lackluster raytracing but at a 750$ MSRP. People would have gobbled them up and nvidia could have pointed to a larger hardware base for developers to focus on.

It looks promising but by the time all the new stuff is ready and working (as in in games) the 21xx series that runs it all 30% faster at half the cost will be out.
    This was always going to be true so that's not really a reason not to bring out new tech. The 20 series main problem is that the chip is just too large and still doesn't have enough grunt for raytracing. This gives us the huge pricetag and pointless/lackluster features. That whole series was made for a 7nm process. At least that way they could have released a first gen card with lackluster raytracing but at a 750$ MSRP. People would have gobbled them up and nvidia could have pointed to a larger hardware base for developers to focus on.
    Nah, it isn't always going to be true.

It is however true when a smug as fuck company releases a new tech they love but nobody in the world supports or will support for ages, by which time a new series of cards will have to be out. Make no mistake, this is all just sheer arrogance at work.

Linus not the only one not impressed by the 2060.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

IF the 1160 never shows up then it's not a terrible upgrade for the people with 1060s and even 1070s (but not TIs) at a not so terrible price. It is however an almost forgone conclusion that nvidia will see that mid to low end card space that amd is about take unopposed and decide they want that too, and cut their own throats to do it.

IF the 1160 never shows up then it's not a terrible upgrade for the people with 1060s and even 1070s (but not TIs) at a not so terrible price. It is however an almost forgone conclusion that nvidia will see that mid to low end card space that amd is about take unopposed and decide they want that too, and cut their own throats to do it.
    I think at the moment, the best buy is still the 10 series.
    The other day Hardware Unboxed went over used cards.

I think at the moment, the best buy is still the 10 series.
    The other day Hardware Unboxed went over used cards.
    If you can still get them sure.. I can't find anything better than a 1060 locally (new) anymore. Rather get a 2060 than that.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    AMD keynote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibZyMjY2K4

edit: SHOTS FIRED

Available Feb 7, $699.

No mention of Navi.
    Last edited by Nordstern; January 9 2019 at 05:25:54 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

According to AMDs official roadmap's Navi was always expected mid 2019 at the earliest … only these recent rum ours in the last 2 months or so suddenly said AMD would unveil Navi as well as Ryzen 3000 already at CES. While it seemed possible, it seems it was to good to be true after all ;P

That said, the Radeon 7 probably will match ok against the 2080. Unfortunately I m looking for something between the RX590 and Radeon 7 …

Gonna have to see some independent tests before I buy those AMD figures.

Gonna have to see some independent tests before I buy those AMD figures.
    Well, obviously, why would you do anything else.

Well out of my pricerange allthough it's nice to see a high(er) end GPU from AMD. 16 Gb of HBM2 on it, that can't be cheap. AMD won't be able to push down the price all that much if nvidia drops the price on the 2080.

Well out of my pricerange allthough it's nice to see a high(er) end GPU from AMD. 16 Gb of HBM2 on it, that can't be cheap. AMD won't be able to push down the price all that much if nvidia drops the price on the 2080.
    So we get to see if Nvidia will actually push down the price of the 2080 then.. I think the price is staying where it is and they will trust in raytracing to justify the price.. Why not double down, everyone else is.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCMR
    What's interesting is that they chose the i7 for the gaming benchmarks... and they used an "AMD Ryzen 2700X,16GB DDR4 3000MHz" for all the other benchmarks in their press release.
    lisa, y u do dis
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...