hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 42 of 612 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shitposter Lands (Syndicate/Outer Ring)

I thought it was somewhat amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Revenent View Post
    It was until ken went and reminded me he was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by John Revenent View Post
    You know its funny John I have enough respect for you that you choose to fight.. enough. I mean I would prefer if you fought more but I mean with the issues with Blues never fielding anything how exactly do you manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Let me just make a comment about EU timezone rote, if you come down into our area with a 20-30 man drake blob with 4+ scimis we simply will not fight you. We just dont have the pilots for that shit.
    We had less than 20 ppl in fleet total and we NEVER roll with "4+" scimis. Also, we don't fly "drake blobs", time to sort your overview obviously.

Fake edit: I'm really amused about the combination of "RK holding sov in NPC 0.0" and "we don't have numbers to fight" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter
    Why don't we just remove highsec all together, since carebears obviously should not be rewarded by being allowed to login to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SokoleOko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Let me just make a comment about EU timezone rote, if you come down into our area with a 20-30 man drake blob with 4+ scimis we simply will not fight you. We just dont have the pilots for that shit.
    We had less than 20 ppl in fleet total and we NEVER roll with "4+" scimis. Also, we don't fly "drake blobs", time to sort your overview obviously.

Fake edit: I'm really amused about the combination of "RK holding sov in NPC 0.0" and "we don't have numbers to fight" :P
    Actually your own KB shows you DO fly drake blobs of 20+... 20 DPS/Recons + 4 scimi = 24 man gang so

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12186948

This is the gang that came into in VSIG as a counter to a RK Talos/Recon fleet on Thursday.

We had no Logi and had to 'Evade' Ineluctable on the way out.

With this lovely Drake blob you also had 4 Scimi's that I saw in VSIG with my own eye's (I was watching you from 150km while you sat on EF gate and your prober scanned our SS) plus a linky Claymore and a couple of cloakies.

I think the point Shaftos was trying to make is... if you wanna fight try and bring something we might actually be willing to engage and not some 2 or 3 to 1 gang with 4 x logi and full of bricks!

The only Syndicate-residents doing drake"blob" during EU tz are Darkspawn. & Moon Warriors. And the latter ones don't go further than M2.

Also Pure Madness. but I've never seen them in eastern or lower syndicate.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Mail Lite View Post
    Actually your own KB shows you DO fly drake blobs of 20+... 20 DPS/Recons + 4 scimi = 24 man gang so

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12186948
    Oh, well...
    Last edited by Collide; January 21 2012 at 12:44:35 PM.

Since I last checked this thread, there have been two pages of Rote Kapelle first threatening the S-U pocket with eviction, then now seemingly claiming a problem fighting '4xLogi' (Scimitars). While I take a certain pleasure in the fact that you don't like our logistic operation, once you complain about the "4x logi and full of bricks!" of the S-U folk, I think that might be going a little far

As for Rote running Synd, although I appreciate the self-effacing humour with which that is delivered, it's hard not to notice that before two pages of talking about nothing, when genuine trouble turned up in the form of a hundred whelpcanes (and lots of scimis, I might add), others from outside still go to clean up:

Quote Originally Posted by glepp View Post

So anyway, while we were hunting the Tengus in XT-, a 100-man FA/Black-Mark Welpcane gang came into system via their Jbridge and proceeded to camp us in in 1-3. We hung around for a while in XT- considering our options, when lo and behold, a few minutes later, while they were agressing the U.MAD. fleet in A-S, a cyno opened and 12 faction BS from RnK with carrier support materialized in a cascade of blinding lazor fire to rain down furious vengeance on those with a false sense of security. We even scored some kills ourselves.
    BR: http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12172017

Was fun to see some welpcane destruction in little old Syndicate. I'm sure Lord M can fill you in more eloquently than I can.

Having said that, Rote vs. S-U pocket could be interesting, preferably with less OLPs and more shooting.

Locking this thread, make a new one that has less shitposting or I'm seriously going to have to start banning.

Syndicate 21/01/12 ongoing (over a quarter of all posts in this thread are deleted)

SYNDICATE - SO SHE STOOD IN JANUARY 2012

So it's a new Syndicate thread, with hopefully more judicious posting. Here's a quick summary of Syndicate in Jan 2012, so that we can look back with amusement by summer at how different (or not) things are.

Let me know what I've missed (there will be a lot).

THE OLD POWERBASES

PC9 area: The old fortress of Huzzah, now held by Masquerade and friends. Lots of Drake and BC gangs around here that venture out into 'mainland' Syndicate and also head down to the S-U pocket for fights there. It appears that Flatline have also moved into the area, in T22 (thanks Lexa). Judging from killboards they seem quite capable of fielding decent capital numbers and it'll be interesting to see whether battles over T22's Tech moon arise.

S-U pocket: Hidden deep in the bowels of Syndicate, the S-U pocket is very defensible (long way to get there, easy entry systems to place scouts, etc.) and yet has probably seen the biggest turnover of alliances of any recent times.

The Drake is again the creature of choice here - and they're breeding. Inhabitants include Darkspawn and Moon Warriors. Darkspawn have been up to as many as 60 in local during EU peak time and although so far I've only managed to get engagements via portal/bubble traps, I think there is a lot of promise here, at least given the spike in activity.

SEDITION and Ishuk-Raata also hunt here (attacking Darkspawn and co.), with SEDITION basing in S-U and Ishuk holding fort nearby in DP34. SEDITION seem able to field quite a mix of setups, ranging from armour HACS to sniping Tier3 BCs, which is a welcome relief amid a sea of Drakes. Ishuk-Raata, to my knowledge at least, bias somewhat toward shield.

Completing the roster are the mysterious "Kin.Dza.Dza." and their allies, Anarchy Squad. This duo are neutral to the other groups, too, which ought to create some prickly and anatomically complex situations on gates throughout the pocket. Albeit, with more Drakes.

TXW to D85: Rote Kapelle, long-standing Syndicate residents, live in TXW. They run gangs regularly in US TZ and field a good variety of setups. Usually fast moving stuff although they sometimes bring out what Bacc calls Rooks and Kings Lite, and drop battleships, guardians and capitals. TXW is a very reliable place for US TZ roaming gangs to drop in for action.

The run from TXW to D85 seems less active although there are some local groups camping it. For an entry system, D85 is surprisingly rarely camped, and definitely the most quiet entry system to Sydndicate. Although don't ask me for isk if you're jumping your unscouted freighter in now.

Y9G area: I really must visit Y9G. Firstly, to find out who lives there presently. I believe it still to be Raven Federation, NAP or War and their allies. I am uncertain of their present fleet composition, though in times past they fought Huzzah Federation and could field a sizeable fleet. I recall once hotdropping some 70 of them (in battleships, no less), although I think twenty is a more realistic number these days (and probably more BC-based). They've lost some towers to Solitude power, Psychotic Tendencies, and also have fresh company in the form of Flying Dangerous, who moved in from 6-C.

The second reason to visit Y9G is that I still have a Navy Geddon there. Having once mistakenly taken a ship that was missing half its mods including all its guns (long story), I sheepishly explained to the fleet that I needed a second faction BS carrier jumped in for me, because I'd forgotten some crystals. 'Take my spare set of Crystals, I have every type' the enternally helpful and damnably over-prepared Eldareth, offered. Since of course I knew his generosity would probably not extend to half the mods on his ship, including all eight of his guns, I insisted that I needed an entirely new battleship ferried in for me, for so cavernous was its cargohold and so vast its array of mods for refitting, that adding a handful of crystals would merely sully the organisation at work. He eyed me dubiously as we watched the carrier jump in the replacement, which I patted like a fresh warhorse after having exchanged out the last (and unbeknown to them, a donkey). As a result, to my shame, I still have a half fitted battleship in Y9G station.

THE MAZE

By this we mean the dense web of systems between MHC and M2-.

6-C pocket: After a period of being home to BOB illumini, RKK, the area was very much in the hands of Flying Dangerous, who also kept a tight grasp on the Reblier gate. They can fly anything from battleships to shield-nano, and they usually number around a dozen to twenty. Of late, however, they appear to have moved south to the Y9G pocket, leaving 6-C relatively empty (thanks Collide).

AAS : Clockwork Pineapple base in AAS. They run gangs in US timezone and have recently been involved in POS fighting with Quantum Wipeout, who later became Naschbaerchis. It seems that Naschbaerchis got the upper hand in the structure battles but differing timezones hindered any decisive resolution in the overall conflict. Naschbaerchis have since left Syndicate for fresh pastures but Pineapple forces remain a reliable USTZ entity (thanks to Collide & Tim for the update).

2X-P : The home of Finis Terrae, a well-organised EU timezone group who roam Syndicate with small gangs (up to 20 but usually half that). By request I'm reminded to note that they honour 1v1s, so budding knights should knock on their door with squire and lance.

T-L : Here you will find SPANI who are, perhaps surprisingly in this age of smokescreening and misdirection, Spaniards. For now they keep a fairly low profile but their numbers are rising and if they get the FCs active, we may seem them emerge more often from the maze. And hopefully not in Drakes.

ARES' OLD STOMPING GROUNDS

VSIG pocket: Until fairly recently, this was home to Ares Protectiva, a French alliance who looked North for their action, and regularly hit towers belonging to Dek Coalition (the resulting cacaphony providing us some good fights). Ares have now moved South, and the new residents are Ineluctable alliance. Ineluctable, so far, seem to fly a variety of shield nano setups. But before anyone writes them off as another low-fi Drake group, I think it's worth noting that they count a number of skilled entities like VIRII in their ranks and should provide a good addition to the region. They've also had some tasty looking Tengu & Cynabal outings.

Back when Ares lived in VSIG, their allies BPLAN used to live in the neighbouring pocket of 0T-. When one group was camped in, the other would form up and block the hostile's retreat at the neck of the pocket, trapping them between the fleets. This area is now held by Avaricious Cartel and also home to Damned Nation and Vanguard. I am unsure if these groups mirror the Ares/BPLAN arrangement or whether they are hostile to each other.

THE WALL(S) - GATEKEEPERS TO NORTH AND WEST

31/A-S area: Once the home of Ev0ke, a Pure Madness flag now flutters above the battlements. They are a German group who bridge around Syndicate in EU timezone, with anything from Abaddons to shield canes. In their prime time they can number as many as forty. I suspect they have a fine capfleet as well (to which we personally added an ejected Phoenix as spoils of victory after a sov 0.0 group attacked their towers ). Although they have no blues that I know of, they sometimes seem to work with Agony (when not clashing horns with them).

Agony live in 31- and roam across the region in a variety of timezones. They are well known for their tutorial gangs, which bring them respect throughout Eve. Any new member reading this would do well to sign up for an Agony class. However, don't infer from it that they are all tweed jackets, pipes and chalk - when school's out they can bring a heavy fleet too, if they need to.

3KNK/COT: The long, lonely descent to COT gate feels like a plunge and so it should - if you don't have a spy spot, it's usually into a bubble. This gateway to Outer Ring has usually been controlled by The Ronin. Of late their numbers seem to be growing and, from what I've seen, the tier3 battlecruiser often their weapon of choice. Since this bottleneck also controls access to the VSIG pocket, they've been fighting Ineluctable's gangs. If they win a lot, it would restrict the VSIG roaming access to central Syndicate, so this has the potential to build up to a nice local conflict.

LOW SEC ENTRY SYSTEMS

Fd/PF- : The true intended target of Mr. Guinness' hive of scum and villainy address. The unwary traveller will find a swift demise amid a multitude of bubbles, skilled dictors and Falcons.

A new entity seems to have moved in, too, promisingly named Free Beer (thanks to Vasponger for the reminder). Given how many fleets from East and West criss-cross FD-, it will be interesting to see whether they can make impact and occasionally pounce on those, or whether they stick to the travelling folk to and from Orvolle as targets. It will certainly be a busy place to call as home, given the traffic moving through.

MHC : A variety of entities camp here (in small numbers) on the Harroule gate, though the wary traveller would have a better chance here than via Orvolle. Harroule gate does, though, usually boast a good number of anchored bubbles.

6-C : Until recently, the Reblier gate was well manned by Flying Dangerous. However, with their move South, there has probably never been a better time for holidaymakers to venture in from Reblier.

D85 : Rarely even bubbled and probably the easiest entry system.

THE WILDS

Like little local legends, tales of told of smaller groups who lurk under the radar. As soon as DaDutchDude, providing input for the post, described Tlak Chilk in much the manner as one speaks of Robin Hood, I realised we need a section for them. So without further ado, and to quote Dutch:

RF-GFF: "I believe this is the home of Tlak Chilk and his band of Center for Advanced Studies NPC corp buddies. Don't underestimate them, they wield their mostly Gallente drone boats very well, and even when things go south, they almost always manage to win the Isk war."

LSC4-P: "Here lives Freelancers Union, or at least they used to when Agony moved in. Their activety was kinda ebbing and flowing. They used to work with Avaricious Cartel that used to live in the dead-end pocket behind it. They fly a mix of stuff, from Thrashers to Machs, but mostly either realy small gang, or in a throw back to 2009 a RR Domi heavy gang. I've also seen them throw around a 8 man BlackOps battleship gang on occasion. "

In addition to these contributions, I feel we should also add:

F67: This is home to some genuine old school camping from Bipolar Stability. In this age of titan bridging, jump portalling and Black Ops dropping, the F67 affair is decidedly traditional: scouts in system either side and a gang warping in from safe spots. It's low-fi but they make it work for them. Some will write off the devotion to one system as madness and others will champion it as resilience. Either way, I can speak from experience that when they assign fighters to the camp from a POS shield edge, their pilots are on the ball and ever eyeing the horizon for a cyno.

Outside entities:

Dek Coalition/CFC: The A-S area has traditionally been used as a base to hit into Cloud Ring (e.g. as Ev0ke did) and this tradition generally continues, with Pure Madness picking fights on towers north of 1-3. In some ways they've inherited this role from Ares Protectiva. In turn, those 0.0 entities strike back into Syndicate, on occasions.
    Rooks and Kings: We try and jump on big action, especially capital action, when we see it around Syndicate. We also sometimes weigh in when sov 0.0 entities hit Syndicate residents and their assets.
    Outer Ring: There is surprisingly little interaction here, from what I've seen. Outer Ring is generally quiet and most Syndicate groups roam toward Cloud Ring instead (to my knowledge, anyway). The Korean group, Privateers of Virtue, still make their base in 4C- but prefer to remain in their home area (and fair enough, every fantasy novel has some group or other walled up in a strong castle and content with it).
    Roaming gangs from LS: Tuskers, Muppet Ninjas and Shadow Cartel have all been known to roam Synd in EU TZ, usually entering from MHC and striking South for S-U and PC9, or West for FD-.

Changelog:

- Added 3KNK/COT info
    - Fixed Flatline location (T22)
    - Added Free Beer
    - Added 'The Wilds' for smaller group information
    - re-organised into sections
    - Fixed Avaricious Cartel location
    - Added Damned Nation
    - Added Fins
    - Updated Flying Dangerous info
    - Added more S-U info
    - Added Psychotic's attacks on Y9G
    - Clarified some sections
    - Updated Pineapple
    - Added SPANI
    - Added Kin.Dza.Dza
    - Added F67 camp
    Last edited by Grarr Dexx; February 2 2012 at 12:35:57 AM. Reason: added 'kin dza dza'

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maldoror View Post
    S-U pocket: Hidden deep in the bowels of Syndicate, the S-U pocket is very defensible (long way to get there, easy entry systems to place scouts, etc.) and yet has probably seen the biggest turnover of alliances of any recent times.

The Drake is again the creature of choice here - and they're breeding. Inhabitants include Darkspawn and Moon Warriors. Darkspawn have been up to as many as 60 in local during EU peak time and although so far I've only managed to get engagements via portal/bubble traps, I think there is a lot of promise here, at least given the spike in activity.

I believe SEDITION and Ishuk-Raata also hunt around here (attacking Darkspawn and co.), although I'm not sure if they base in the pocket or in the Y9G area. Either way, SEDITION seem to field quite a mix of setups, ranging from armour HACS to sniping Tier3 BCs. Ishuk-Raata, to my knowledge at least, bias somewhat toward shield.
    Flatline have moved to T22-QJ in the PC9 pocket.

Sedition lives in S-U, while I-RED lives in DP34. These 2 are blue to each other. Also living in that pocket somewhere is Gryphon League, whose idea of PvP seems to be doing bombing runs with 1-3 bombers at a time.
    Last edited by Lexa Hellfury; January 21 2012 at 03:29:27 PM.

Free Beer is in FD... for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius Longinus View Post
    The pinky-raised space gentlemen can all eat a bag of dicks; We're in it for the lols.

Avaricious Cartel never lived (well, at least not since November 2011) in VSIG pocket, they live in 0T-AMZ, sharing bunks with Damned Nation and Vanguard (I don't think they are blue to each other).

Damned Nations are stages in D5- in Outer Ring which is for all intends and purposes just extension of Syndicate.

EF-F belongs for The R0nin as well as 3KNK.

Is there a common channel for all Syndicate residents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter
    Why don't we just remove highsec all together, since carebears obviously should not be rewarded by being allowed to login to the game?

Sedition is still based in S-U.

Very nice starting post LM. I'll add what I know, although possibly a bit outdated and with relatively small groups.

- 3KNK-A: I think The R0NIN lives here. They have a number of solo pilots flying about in the area I believe. I rarely saw more then one or two of them when I lived with Agony in 31-.

- RF-GFF: I believe this is the home of Tlak Chilk and his band of Center for Advanced Studies NPC corp buddies. Don't underestimate them, they wield their mostly Gallente drone boats very well, and even when things go south, they almost always manage to win the Isk war.

- LSC4-P: Here lives Freelancers Union, or at least they used to when Agony moved in. Their activety was kinda ebbing and flowing. They used to work with Avaricious Cartel that used to live in the dead-end pocket behind it. They fly a mix of stuff, from Thrashers to Machs, but mostly either realy small gang, or in a throw back to 2009 a RR Domi heavy gang. I've also seen them throw around a 8 man BlackOps battleship gang on occasion.
    Last edited by DaDutchDude; January 21 2012 at 03:37:36 PM.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

Not far from there, Clockwork Pineapple base in AAS. They run gangs in US timezone and have recently been involved in POS fighting with Quantum Wipeout. I am uncertain of the present status of that conflict, however.
    Quantum Wipeout got disbanded because leadership left to join INIT, the rest founded new corp Naschbaerchis. Naschbaerchis won the POS-war against Clockwork Pineapple and it seemed like Clockwork didn't bother to log in anymore. So Naschbaerchis joined some new sov(?)-alliance and left Syndicate.
    I noticed 7 Clockwork in AAS today so I guess they are back (not sure if they do any pvp'ing though).

FIGL has moved from 6-c into Y9 pocket ("Our pilots don't learn to pvp by camping Reblier all day"). 6-c is currently empty.
    Raven Federation is basically disbanded.

Kin.Dza.Dza. (allied with Anarchy Squad) is a Russian alliance living in PVH. Together they can field up to 30 like last week when they tried to take down a supercarrier of Masquerade. They even called us in but Hel had managed to get out before our arrival.

The 3 Russian alliances Masquerade, Darkspawn. and Kin.Dza.Dza./Anarchy are not allied in any way.

Finis Terrae is staging out of 2x and we can pretty much field anything. We honor solo pvp (just make sure about it before the fight instead of complaining afterwards). We roam around the whole of Syndicate and surrounding lowsec/nullsec regions, we usually go with less but can field up to 20 pilots during prime time. EU tz only.
    Last edited by Collide; January 21 2012 at 04:06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SokoleOko View Post
    Avaricious Cartel never lived (well, at least not since November 2011) in VSIG pocket, they live in 0T-AMZ, sharing bunks with Damned Nation and Vanguard (I don't think they are blue to each other).
    Thanks, I've updated this info, and also the info Collide provided.

PS. Anyone know what Bipolar are up to? They used to camp F67E pretty religiously and I still see them there, although less with fighters assigned, of late.
    Last edited by Lord Maldoror; January 21 2012 at 04:47:32 PM.

PS. Anyone know what Bipolar are up to? They used to camp F67E pretty religiously and I still see them there, although less with fighters assigned, of late.
    They still camp F6 (Tornado fotm) but they always have eyes in Poitot and MHC of course.

Agony live in 31- and roam across the region in a variety of timezones. They are well known for their tutorial gangs, which bring them respect throughout Eve. Any new member reading this would do well to sign up for an Agony class. However, don't infer from it that they are all tweed jackets, pipes and chalk - when school's out they can bring a heavy fleet too, if they need to.
    Good writeup LM, but i must object to the highlighted sentence. We ARE all about tweed and pipes, we even named our latest fleet concept TweedCats. (Originally named ARSECats, but then i was banned from naming fleet concepts, and we agreed TweedCats was more fitting and in line with general Agony policy)

Here's an artistic impression of the gang concept:

Edit: we also spend a surprisingly large amount of time discussing beekeeping.
    Last edited by glepp; January 21 2012 at 05:32:43 PM.

Bipolar can be found almost exclusively in the stretch from MHC to X-BV, usually in groups of 3-10, and primarily camping the gates in F6 with pull bubbles. They mainly fly tier-3 snipers, drakes, & stealth bombers, usually with a backup falcon.
    Last edited by Celedris; January 21 2012 at 05:39:17 PM.

Oh, I forgot to mention my fellow Euros "SPANI Alliance". I used to live in their system T-L for a while, fighting them on my own until their leadership didn't allow the grunts to undock anymore. They were only a corp (SPANI) back then.

By now they have raised several towers there, created an additional corp called "Academia SPANI" (didn't let me join though :sadface: ) and then the alliance. The Spaniards are still somewhat shy in terms of pvp'ing despite having the numbers (lacking FCs I guess). So don't expect to get any fights in T-L for now. They do gatecamps in UM (MHC gate) as well as camping the V4 exit in T-L though. They also assemble small gangs and roam within the "Maze" (on rare occasions).