hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [TMA] QUANTUM FLUX GENERATOR

[TMA] QUANTUM FLUX GENERATOR

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Qu...ux_Generator_1

"This upgrade increases the chance of a wormhole being present in the upgraded solar system."

Pretty fucking vague as per CCP standard.

Anyone used these, ever? With level 5 do you get 5 times as many wh's or do they spawn 5 times as fast? Are they high/low/null/C1-6? Does it draw more K162's to you ore are they always outgoing WH's?

Any and all info greatly appreciated.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

I heard it doesn't actually work

Likewise. Besides, it's the sort of upgrade you install way the hell away from any system you care about, since the last thing you want is wormholes popping up in your main ratting-nyx system.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Damn shame. If it could actually guarantee there would always be a wormhole or two in system I'd be all over it, and would be a great way of enticing wormholers back to null.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Likewise. Besides, it's the sort of upgrade you install way the hell away from any system you care about, since the last thing you want is wormholes popping up in your main ratting-nyx system.
    Depends. The upgrade won't magically spawn K162s in your system, just "normal" WHs. Although, maybe :CCP: and they will actually spawn K162s into that system, who knows. But I really doubt that. If it's "normal" WHs, it's your choice to spawn the links to w-space or where ever they lead.

But yeah in the end the thing is completely useless, be it because it doesn't even work or because it's useless. It'll never be as good as living in a WH with a static that always connects to the same class of space.

Smuggo
    Hmmm.. I remember going to an isolated and very quiet system in.. insmother I think and it had a ton of sigs and most of them were WHs. Aside from one that was linked a C4 the rest were C5 holes, about 6 or 7 of them. Of course I don't know that this system had that upgrade but it seemed very unusual that there would be that many WHs in a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Hmmm.. I remember going to an isolated and very quiet system in.. insmother I think and it had a ton of sigs and most of them were WHs. Aside from one that was linked a C4 the rest were C5 holes, about 6 or 7 of them. Of course I don't know that this system had that upgrade but it seemed very unusual that there would be that many WHs in a system.
    Have noticed in my hole that all of the 0.0 holes I've seen are K162. Seems odd, but this upgrade might explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artjay View Post
    Damn shame. If it could actually guarantee there would always be a wormhole or two in system I'd be all over it, and would be a great way of enticing wormholers back to null.
    How's that going to change anything though? I dunno about other people, but I left 0.0 for WH space because I got tired of supercaps and superblobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    How's that going to change anything though? I dunno about other people, but I left 0.0 for WH space because I got tired of supercaps and superblobs.
    I guess. Would be something worth fighting for (for me) tho. The thing I love about WH's is the random opportunities that pop up and roaming around looking for ganks. If you had 4-5 WH's of different classes k/wspace in your system all the time that would provide a lot of entertainment in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    I guess. Would be something worth fighting for (for me) tho. The thing I love about WH's is the random opportunities that pop up and roaming around looking for ganks. If you had 4-5 WH's of different classes k/wspace in your system all the time that would provide a lot of entertainment in my opinion.
    I can sort of see this, but I'm not sure it would be worth dealing with olitics: and/or :renting:, :spacebills: etc., just to have the flux generator make some holes. If you pick a system with the static you want, you've got 90% of what the flux generator does for 1/1000 the hassle.

It would be nice if this upgrade did work, but it seems most people install the crap so they can cyno jam the system, anchor CSAA or the military one to farm Sanctums all day. Would also be interesting if they worked like rigs with some penalty to the system.

Yeah, more likely it'd be used to routinely invade wormholes with dreads. No thanks. WH space is the one place where small corps have a chance to defend themselves, and 0.0 blocs don't need another way to push in the little guy's shit.
    Last edited by Steph; January 30 2012 at 03:43:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal