hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 292 of 307 FirstFirst ... 192242282289290291292293294295302 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 6140

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

I'd rather eat my on face than wrangle the terrible fucking shit that's Samsung android into submission.
    They literally built and sold fire bombs and people still buy their stuff.

If you want the best camera There's the pixel.
    Very very slightly worse camera to Samsung for a more reasonable price?
    Huawei and LG.

HTC and Sony both give similar performance and cam at similar price in a much neater package.

So what gives? The amoled screen? Is that it?

Also lol wireless charging. It's at a whopping 1.2a currently. Depending on phone orientation. And you better not touch or move it. It's basically an overpriced charging dock.

Magnetic micro/USB-C cables are 15 bucks and offer basically the same usability. At full charge current.

/rant
    Last edited by Stoffl; April 20 2017 at 12:48:34 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

alright buddy who pissed in your fucking cereal

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

See daythread. also you. Also also I was kinda serious.

Just look at their bullshit:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/samsung...-bixby-button/

Bixby is completely useless outside of Korea
    Last edited by Stoffl; April 20 2017 at 03:39:19 AM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    ye after going xperia im going to struggle to get back to S phones

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    If there's one thing i learned about high end phones is that 90% of it is pure preference without actual solid reasons for it extended into a blind like/dislike of major brands that also rarely has direct correlation with reality. They will then proceed to tell you a bunch of things they claim as 'facts' about x or y which are anything but facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    If there's one thing i learned about high end phones is that 90% of it is pure preference without actual solid reasons for it extended into a blind like/dislike of major brands that also rarely has direct correlation with reality. They will then proceed to tell you a bunch of things they claim as 'facts' about x or y which are anything but facts.
    ive never really bought high end tbf, but i just really really like the 'solid' feel of the xperias. nice weight, nice casing and decent battery. its interesting actually how much we might shit on people for buying titans etc but we don't blink at dropping $400 on a phone that we replace every 12-18 months

ive never really bought high end tbf, but i just really really like the 'solid' feel of the xperias. nice weight, nice casing and decent battery. its interesting actually how much we might shit on people for buying titans etc but we don't blink at dropping $400 on a phone that we replace every 12-18 months
    I guess it comes from this perception that a phone has a lot of uses and is kind of actually important.

Same for me, 2 of my last 3 phones that could actually be called decent smartphones have been Nexus (LG made) and i've been super satisfied myself. One inbetween was a cheapo model when my old nexus 4 broke in a drunk incident and i couldnt get it fixed easily.

Mind, I'm just like one of the people i was referring to in the previous post, i can't manage to actually like Samsung even when they make a decent looking product like the s8.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 20 2017 at 05:54:24 AM.

I guess it comes from this perception that a phone has a lot of uses and is kind of actually important.
    meh, its main use is taking calls, whatsapp/messenger and taking pictures. in that regard there's not much difference between a high end and middle end phone imo

meh, its main use is taking calls, whatsapp/messenger and taking pictures. in that regard there's not much difference between a high end and middle end phone imo
    Well yeah but you made the comparison with a top end GFX card which exists purely for games. (there are other cards for professional 3d work still, right?)

I will always pick Samsung phones because I love their Touchwiz.
    Even through all the bad publicity it gets, I applaud Samsung for pressing on and continuing to develop it.

The truth is, Touchwiz has always enhanced Android, it has all those nifty little features Android is missing.
    And for the moaners about bloatware. These phones are for highend users, and if you was one of them,
    you would know you can just disable the app and notifications from it, stuff it in a folder never to be seen again.

That's why I go with the Nexus series. N5X is a decent compromise. Good camera, decent hardware and ok price. No chance of me buying a phone on contract if I can get this again.

Those who bash the S8: how many of you had the chance to hold it in your hands and have a look at the screen already?

I think none.

I already had the chance, my hometown electronics store already had both the S8 and the S8+ on display and damn that screen is amazing.

And the S8 is barely bigger physically than the S5.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

So that's it. The amoled screen. Gotcha.
    I mean at least that's a valid argument for it.
    Be prepared for a completely useless fingerprint scanner though. Like almost unusable because of its awkward placement.
    Sony and Google do this right.

Much unlike Varraks bait.
    TouchWiz power users guys. That one really tickled my funny bone.
    Last edited by Stoffl; April 20 2017 at 08:58:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Or maybe I was going off dxomark scores and experience
    yeah because they're fucking cameras and not smartphones, it's all about the fucking camera and nothing else at all, people liking other things are just WRONG because they don't focus on the exact same things as you. Say what you will but a great screen means a lot to people so just dismissing that is ridiculous.

your post was just as "i hate x because i hate it" bullshit as any other, just accept it.
    lol at fucking 'experience' what, did you test multiple s8 phones in various markets for an extended period of time to make it anything but random ass anecdotal evidence?

shit, i dislike samsung myself would wouldn't really get one, but did they fucking explode in your pants pocket or something for all this ridiculous rage? did your dog lick one and was set aflame?
    Last edited by Isyel; April 20 2017 at 08:48:45 AM.

Yeah killed my entire family. Rip.

Thus the blood feud began

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Those who bash the S8: how many of you had the chance to hold it in your hands and have a look at the screen already?

I think none.

I already had the chance, my hometown electronics store already had both the S8 and the S8+ on display and damn that screen is amazing.

And the S8 is barely bigger physically than the S5.

Tapapapatalk
    Personally i detest the curved edges and the glass backs samsung uses so it's not my thing, but you'll never see me rage about it. I like how both Samsung and LG got the screen so close to the edges by now so we can get a bigger screen without having a giant phone.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I will always pick Samsung phones because I love their Touchwiz.
    Even through all the bad publicity it gets, I applaud Samsung for pressing on and continuing to develop it.

The truth is, Touchwiz has always enhanced Android, it has all those nifty little features Android is missing.
    And for the moaners about bloatware. These phones are for highend users, and if you was one of them,
    you would know you can just disable the app and notifications from it, stuff it in a folder never to be seen again.
    The very definition of bloatware people hate, taking up space and processes even when disabled and cannot be deleted. M8... please.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 20 2017 at 08:55:31 AM.

Honestly, the lack of "Sumsung" on the front and the "OMG it's beautfigyyll" factor is basically counteracting lolsamsung. And I'm swayed by good reviews, go figure....

It's all fine and dandy until you get your ballsack blown off

Mobile Phone Megathread

Bought an impeccable Blackberry 9800 off eBay for 12.5 and I'm aiming at making it my default phone. Has WhatsApp and can make and receive calls and that's about all I want from it. Fantastic battery life as well and it's a slide phone with full qwerty that still has a much smaller footprint than anything decent on the market today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    It's all fine and dandy until you get your ballsack blown off
    Fair. My wife might get a bit jealous.