hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Re: Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot
    new job means I can finally get my first smartphone in the coming month or so. I want an android phone of some kind, is there a few top contenders that I should pick from? So far see Galaxy S, Nexus S, HTC Desire (HD?), maybe others. I'm on AT&T atm, may consider switching if it means a better deal or the best choice of phones.
    Wait until May and get the Samsung Galaxy SII, it can record and play 1080p and has HDMI out.

It is also that hardware that some kind of EVE client was demoed on during fanfest.
    Need more speakers

Donor

I'm actually really liking my HTC HD7. Windows phone 7 may not technically be as god as iOS or android, but it hasn't caused me any problems for casual every-day usage. My only issue is there's no pandora app for it yet.

Not sure where to post this but this seemed like a good a place as any.

Recently i was shopping around for a sim only PAYG deal, and i stumbled across a little community ran independent network called GiffGaff (they piggyback on the O2 network!). they have no telephone contacts all support is done online through the forumz + contacting 'agents' basically uber geeks from the community who have some sort of admin skills.

Basically i wanted a few free mins each month, unlimited txt + unlimited internet - atm got a pretty shitty handset but will buy a smartphone soon.

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/crzylgs

Referal linky for the greater good!

Basically they do something called 'GoodyBags' u pick one and top up, all done online, through an account admin panel. For 10 a month i'm getting 250mins, unlimited txts + unlimited internet. Plus i ported over my old number - all went totally smoothly on the day it was meant to

More questions send me a PM, or jsut check out the website - its pretty self explanitory

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Booley
    I'm actually really liking my HTC HD7. Windows phone 7 may not technically be as god as iOS or android, but it hasn't caused me any problems for casual every-day usage. My only issue is there's no pandora app for it yet.
    In EVE my primary ship is an Inquisitor.

In the real world, my primary phone is a WP7 phone (Samsung Focus).

What do an Inquisitor and WP7 have in common? They are both oddball, contrarian choices that aren't as bad as people think they are.

(Of course, some might respond with, "Yeah, but they're still pretty bad". But we don't have to talk to those people).

I wound up getting an HTC Inspire, which from what I understand, is roughly the same as a Desire. I fucking love the damn thing. So long as I leave wifi and mobile network data off, I get about 2 days of battery life. With wifi on constantly it's about 1 day.

As others have said, Android with touch interface is just plain slick. It's quick and quite user friendly. The Android Market may not have the seething mass that the iPhone has (yet), but it's got some great apps, if those are deal critical to you.

I think after some reading the Galaxy S II looks like pretty sweet thing to get once it's out on verizon.....But here is the kicker, seems there are lot of rumors floating about that verizon will introduced tier data plans, going down from unlimited unless you already had it before change.....Sigh...so might mean I might have to get a smartphone and grandfather that shit in and then change it when Galaxy S II comes out or the Bionic, but I hope they do that only after iphone 5 comes out :V

So CM7 is finally official, still not convinced I should update my Desire tbh :/

I like my battery as it is tyvm

Spoiler:
    a large faecal log spread out on the oversized scrotum of a domestic pig
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Monkeysphere
    So CM7 is finally official, still not convinced I should update my Desire tbh :/

Do it! And tell me if it's any good! :P

I've been using a blackberry bold for a couple years and it's about time to upgrade. I'm with AT&T now, but I'd switch carriers for a better phone. I want something that runs android, but I'd like to have a physical keyboard, I'm not a fan of touch screen only with the amount of typing I do on my phone.

I haven't been keeping up on the latest in phones and don't really know where to even start looking, halp?

a) battery life is the same
    b) nandroid means THIS IS NO BIG DEAL JUST FUCKING RESTORE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
    c) stop being a weeping vagina

http://www.storm-hammer.com/forum/index.php

Hmmmmm what to do.
    My O2 contract is up for an upgrade. Currently on SIM only. Still have 12 months left on my Orange contract with my original Desire. Absolutely love my desire I asked Orange to unlock it for me and I currently have an Orange SIM and an O2 SIM in at the same time via a Simore dual SIM adaptor
    I can get the new Desire S with O2 on a 12month contract for an extra fiver a month. Thought about the Desire HD but I don't really need the 4.3 inch screen and battery is a bit crap. The Desire S has the newer 2nd gen Snapdragon in it so the battery lasts way longer than the original and the aluminium unibody is sexy.

Do I or do I not get the Desire S to tide me over for 12 months till my next Orange upgrade?

desire s has the same cpu as the desire hd which is more like a 1.5gen snapdragon
    its a really tiny upgrade from any of the refreshed desire line (ie HD/Z)
    biggest difference for you will be the much increased internal storage, so you'll p much be able to install any and all apps you want without worrying about running out of space

htc pyramid is going to be the phone to upgrade to from HTC imo
    higher res screen, proper 2nd gen snapdragon (dual core) etc

So. I've got a budget of about 150 and am looking to get a smartphone as I'm sick to the back teeth of my stupidphone.

Pay as you go, not fussed as to provider.

Reccommendations please

http://www.storm-hammer.com/forum/index.php

Will wait for the Pyramid then.
    As for cheap smart phones you can pick up an HTC Wildfire for about 150.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar

idk what you're all doing to your batteries, my Desire reliably does 30-50 hours depending on how long I stay up in bed reading the internet (was 5am last night what the fuck is wrong with me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

any tinfoil on the loliphone5 yet?
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX
    any tinfoil on the loliphone5 yet?
    The original rumor said end of apples financial year (that would be september). Apples WWDC invites hinted at there being no new hardware/software being released at the event.

Quote Originally Posted by M'buku
    Will wait for the Pyramid then.
    As for cheap smart phones you can pick up an HTC Wildfire for about 150.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    looks like the Pyramid has been outed as the HTC Sensation as the retail name

Quote Originally Posted by Frools

a) battery life is the same
    b) nandroid means THIS IS NO BIG DEAL JUST FUCKING RESTORE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
    c) stop being a weeping vagina

depending on the radio rom required to use CM7 battery life might even improve / shouldn't be worse than a stock sense rom.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare
    idk what you're all doing to your batteries, my Desire reliably does 30-50 hours depending on how long I stay up in bed reading the internet (was 5am last night what the fuck is wrong with me)
    Theres a bug with stock sense roms resulting in the CPU being used when phone should go to sleep, usually fixed by enabling "USB Debugging".

Also retards gonna be retards and need Facebook/stockmarket/news/emails push syncs keeping the phone alive 24/7, lol100% brightness and a google maps live background.

*edit*
    As an example, we've got a Desire Z user who claims his battery is dead after 3 hours.......

Hebad
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget