hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 304 of 308 FirstFirst ... 204254294301302303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6143

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

  1. #6061

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,182
    that's the exact phone I've just upgraded from. great little number, though the keyboard pissed me off for years for being very, very slightly too small and the sonly shitware on it drove me fucking spare.
    The SD Card slot finally bust so the card would pop out, fuck up all my storage and generally be a dick, so it was time to upgrade.
    Totally get an Mi A1. they are awesome. No (visible) crap on it at all, and i got it through amazon prime same-day delivery. Any issues it goes back to them.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  2. #6062
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    that's the exact phone I've just upgraded from. great little number, though the keyboard pissed me off for years for being very, very slightly too small and the sonly shitware on it drove me fucking spare.
    The SD Card slot finally bust so the card would pop out, fuck up all my storage and generally be a dick, so it was time to upgrade.
    Totally get an Mi A1. they are awesome. No (visible) crap on it at all, and i got it through amazon prime same-day delivery. Any issues it goes back to them.
    I have the tablet, not the phone

    It's still pretty great

  3. #6063
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    you got a blackberry

    in 2018
    It's Cosmin. How is that surprising in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  4. #6064
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

    I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you got a blackberry

    in 2018
    Some people enjoy not having Google nosing around their stuffs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  5. #6065
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,613
    Some people also enjoy genital mutilation
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  6. #6066

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

    I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you got a blackberry

    in 2018
    Some people enjoy not having Google nosing around their stuffs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you went for an iphone?


  7. #6067
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

    I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you got a blackberry

    in 2018
    Some people enjoy not having Google nosing around their stuffs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you don't use the internet at all?

  8. #6068
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,882
    iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  9. #6069
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well yes, because people just want their handy talky device to work without fucking with it, which it does.

    I'm beginning to see why you have such issues with your PC tbh

  10. #6070
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,882
    Just piss off with your high horse and default settings tyvm. ^^


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #6071
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Just piss off with your high horse and default settings tyvm. ^^


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    >Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Ironic, since the jailbreak community is currently in the middle of some huge drama involving devs walking off with thousands of patreon dollars and iOS11 /still/ doesn't have Cydia because the dev moonwalked out mid project.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...nths_since_he/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...are_not_to_be/
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 8 2018 at 10:16:40 AM.

  12. #6072

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what you're saying is your point of bitching about google is pointless because you can also set the android phone so that it doesn't interfere? Wait, you can easily root them and have complete control of everything even.

    :thinking:

  13. #6073
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Just piss off with your high horse and default settings tyvm. ^^


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    >Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Ironic, since the jailbreak community is currently in the middle of some huge drama involving devs walking off with thousands of patreon dollars and iOS11 /still/ doesn't have Cydia because the dev moonwalked out mid project.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...nths_since_he/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...are_not_to_be/
    I don't jailbreak the phone that I'm using to access my bank account tyvm. And the jailbreak projects situations like this are the perfect example as to why manufacturers locking down shit is bad mkay. I've been an Android fanboy since fucking Frodo came out and loved it ever since, however after using iPhones and iPads over the years I've realised that what Android offers is simply too much for what I need and I'd rather have shit working everyday like it was day 1.

    Quick example for you, first iPhone ever was a 5 (not 5S). Then I had a 5S and now I own a 6S Plus for more than two years. Every time I got a new phone, I'd backup the old one, connect the new one and restore the backup and lo and behold everything is there just as it was on the old phone. When Android phones can do this reliably I may have another look at them, although their designs are really annoyingly copying from one another.


    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what you're saying is your point of bitching about google is pointless because you can also set the android phone so that it doesn't interfere? Wait, you can easily root them and have complete control of everything even.

    :thinking:
    Yes. I never actually ever said that Android phones are bad, I just think Google is more evil than Apple in this point in time so I don't want to encourage them by giving them my monies. Other than that, when you gain complete control of everything it's easier for somebody else to get control of everything. Android phones can be controlled and locked down and what not, but all it takes is a shitty app (because lol Google Play standards of letting everything in) and your identity, bank account and life could be compromised, stolen or otherwise placed in a really really delicate situation.

    Thing is, people go to the store and they get a phone. And by default, that phone is listening in, Android based phones more than iOS based phones. The fact that you can take control is rather superfluous since it shouldn't be necessary. But then again, people are buying Amazon Dot and shit like that so w/e.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #6074
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,913
    I had a Galaxy S6. Then I got an S8. I turned both on, pointed the S8 towards the old S6 (literally - Bluetooth and NFC) and a short time later, the S8 was set up like the old one.

    So your backup / restore thing seemed a bit more complicated IMHO.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  15. #6075
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Just piss off with your high horse and default settings tyvm. ^^


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    >Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Ironic, since the jailbreak community is currently in the middle of some huge drama involving devs walking off with thousands of patreon dollars and iOS11 /still/ doesn't have Cydia because the dev moonwalked out mid project.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...nths_since_he/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...are_not_to_be/
    I don't jailbreak the phone that I'm using to access my bank account tyvm. And the jailbreak projects situations like this are the perfect example as to why manufacturers locking down shit is bad mkay. I've been an Android fanboy since fucking Frodo came out and loved it ever since, however after using iPhones and iPads over the years I've realised that what Android offers is simply too much for what I need and I'd rather have shit working everyday like it was day 1.

    Quick example for you, first iPhone ever was a 5 (not 5S). Then I had a 5S and now I own a 6S Plus for more than two years. Every time I got a new phone, I'd backup the old one, connect the new one and restore the backup and lo and behold everything is there just as it was on the old phone. When Android phones can do this reliably I may have another look at them, although their designs are really annoyingly copying from one another.


    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what you're saying is your point of bitching about google is pointless because you can also set the android phone so that it doesn't interfere? Wait, you can easily root them and have complete control of everything even.

    :thinking:
    Yes. I never actually ever said that Android phones are bad, I just think Google is more evil than Apple in this point in time so I don't want to encourage them by giving them my monies. Other than that, when you gain complete control of everything it's easier for somebody else to get control of everything. Android phones can be controlled and locked down and what not, but all it takes is a shitty app (because lol Google Play standards of letting everything in) and your identity, bank account and life could be compromised, stolen or otherwise placed in a really really delicate situation.

    Thing is, people go to the store and they get a phone. And by default, that phone is listening in, Android based phones more than iOS based phones. The fact that you can take control is rather superfluous since it shouldn't be necessary. But then again, people are buying Amazon Dot and shit like that so w/e.
    Do you not use Youtube or Maps or anything with adsense enabled adverts?

    Or well, a solid 30% of the functional internet?

  16. #6076

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    761
    TMA Android 7.1.2 vs. 8.1

    Upgrade worth it? I care about battery life and little else

  17. #6077
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    16,258
    Or anything with a 'share on twitter' etc button?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  18. #6078
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,913
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    TMA Android 7.1.2 vs. 8.1

    Upgrade worth it? I care about battery life and little else
    IIRC battery life is supposed to be better. But they always claim that.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  19. #6079
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Do you not use Youtube or Maps or anything with adsense enabled adverts?

    Or well, a solid 30% of the functional internet?
    Not really, no. Well, youtube occasionally and it has tracking block by extensions where possible. Not using Maps, have offline satnav software that's updated regularly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or anything with a 'share on twitter' etc button?
    As above, blocked by extensions. I don't really use a browser on mobile either vOv
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  20. #6080
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    TMA Android 7.1.2 vs. 8.1

    Upgrade worth it? I care about battery life and little else
    IIRC battery life is supposed to be better. But they always claim that.

    Tapapapatalk
    Yeah they keep limiting what apps can do in the background, which is great for people that install crappy apps that drain shit fast (facebook) and terrible for people who know what they're doing and only install background stuff if they really want the functionality. So for the average user, battery life has indeed improved.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •