hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 304 of 308 FirstFirst ... 204254294301302303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6143

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

that's the exact phone I've just upgraded from. great little number, though the keyboard pissed me off for years for being very, very slightly too small and the sonly shitware on it drove me fucking spare.
    The SD Card slot finally bust so the card would pop out, fuck up all my storage and generally be a dick, so it was time to upgrade.
    Totally get an Mi A1. they are awesome. No (visible) crap on it at all, and i got it through amazon prime same-day delivery. Any issues it goes back to them.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    that's the exact phone I've just upgraded from. great little number, though the keyboard pissed me off for years for being very, very slightly too small and the sonly shitware on it drove me fucking spare.
    The SD Card slot finally bust so the card would pop out, fuck up all my storage and generally be a dick, so it was time to upgrade.
    Totally get an Mi A1. they are awesome. No (visible) crap on it at all, and i got it through amazon prime same-day delivery. Any issues it goes back to them.
    I have the tablet, not the phone

It's still pretty great

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    you got a blackberry

in 2018
    It's Cosmin. How is that surprising in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you got a blackberry

in 2018
    Some people enjoy not having Google nosing around their stuffs

Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Some people also enjoy genital mutilation
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard

you got a blackberry

in 2018

So you went for an iphone?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

you got a blackberry

in 2018

So you don't use the internet at all?

iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.

iPhones can be properly locked down if you know what you're doing, just like with Android phones (or even better in a lot of situations). Unfortunately most people don't care about using a non tracking search engine or disabling the voice assistant or properly managing app permissions and many more tweaks and such.

Well yes, because people just want their handy talky device to work without fucking with it, which it does.

I'm beginning to see why you have such issues with your PC tbh

Just piss off with your high horse and default settings tyvm. ^^

>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironic, since the jailbreak community is currently in the middle of some huge drama involving devs walking off with thousands of patreon dollars and iOS11 /still/ doesn't have Cydia because the dev moonwalked out mid project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...nths_since_he/

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/c...are_not_to_be/
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; April 8 2018 at 10:16:40 AM.

So what you're saying is your point of bitching about google is pointless because you can also set the android phone so that it doesn't interfere? Wait, you can easily root them and have complete control of everything even.

:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Ironic, since the jailbreak community is currently in the middle of some huge drama involving devs walking off with thousands of patreon dollars and iOS11 /still/ doesn't have Cydia because the dev moonwalked out mid project.

I don't jailbreak the phone that I'm using to access my bank account tyvm. And the jailbreak projects situations like this are the perfect example as to why manufacturers locking down shit is bad mkay. I've been an Android fanboy since fucking Frodo came out and loved it ever since, however after using iPhones and iPads over the years I've realised that what Android offers is simply too much for what I need and I'd rather have shit working everyday like it was day 1.

Quick example for you, first iPhone ever was a 5 (not 5S). Then I had a 5S and now I own a 6S Plus for more than two years. Every time I got a new phone, I'd backup the old one, connect the new one and restore the backup and lo and behold everything is there just as it was on the old phone. When Android phones can do this reliably I may have another look at them, although their designs are really annoyingly copying from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

So what you're saying is your point of bitching about google is pointless because you can also set the android phone so that it doesn't interfere? Wait, you can easily root them and have complete control of everything even.

Yes. I never actually ever said that Android phones are bad, I just think Google is more evil than Apple in this point in time so I don't want to encourage them by giving them my monies. Other than that, when you gain complete control of everything it's easier for somebody else to get control of everything. Android phones can be controlled and locked down and what not, but all it takes is a shitty app (because lol Google Play standards of letting everything in) and your identity, bank account and life could be compromised, stolen or otherwise placed in a really really delicate situation.

Thing is, people go to the store and they get a phone. And by default, that phone is listening in, Android based phones more than iOS based phones. The fact that you can take control is rather superfluous since it shouldn't be necessary. But then again, people are buying Amazon Dot and shit like that so w/e.

I had a Galaxy S6. Then I got an S8. I turned both on, pointed the S8 towards the old S6 (literally - Bluetooth and NFC) and a short time later, the S8 was set up like the old one.

So your backup / restore thing seemed a bit more complicated IMHO.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I don't jailbreak the phone that I'm using to access my bank account tyvm. And the jailbreak projects situations like this are the perfect example as to why manufacturers locking down shit is bad mkay. I've been an Android fanboy since fucking Frodo came out and loved it ever since, however after using iPhones and iPads over the years I've realised that what Android offers is simply too much for what I need and I'd rather have shit working everyday like it was day 1.

Quick example for you, first iPhone ever was a 5 (not 5S). Then I had a 5S and now I own a 6S Plus for more than two years. Every time I got a new phone, I'd backup the old one, connect the new one and restore the backup and lo and behold everything is there just as it was on the old phone. When Android phones can do this reliably I may have another look at them, although their designs are really annoyingly copying from one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Yes. I never actually ever said that Android phones are bad, I just think Google is more evil than Apple in this point in time so I don't want to encourage them by giving them my monies. Other than that, when you gain complete control of everything it's easier for somebody else to get control of everything. Android phones can be controlled and locked down and what not, but all it takes is a shitty app (because lol Google Play standards of letting everything in) and your identity, bank account and life could be compromised, stolen or otherwise placed in a really really delicate situation.

Thing is, people go to the store and they get a phone. And by default, that phone is listening in, Android based phones more than iOS based phones. The fact that you can take control is rather superfluous since it shouldn't be necessary. But then again, people are buying Amazon Dot and shit like that so w/e.
    Do you not use Youtube or Maps or anything with adsense enabled adverts?

Or well, a solid 30% of the functional internet?

TMA Android 7.1.2 vs. 8.1

Upgrade worth it? I care about battery life and little else

Or anything with a 'share on twitter' etc button?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

IIRC battery life is supposed to be better. But they always claim that.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Do you not use Youtube or Maps or anything with adsense enabled adverts?

Or well, a solid 30% of the functional internet?
    Not really, no. Well, youtube occasionally and it has tracking block by extensions where possible. Not using Maps, have offline satnav software that's updated regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Or anything with a 'share on twitter' etc button?
    As above, blocked by extensions. I don't really use a browser on mobile either vOv

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post

IIRC battery life is supposed to be better. But they always claim that.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeah they keep limiting what apps can do in the background, which is great for people that install crappy apps that drain shit fast (facebook) and terrible for people who know what they're doing and only install background stuff if they really want the functionality. So for the average user, battery life has indeed improved.