hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225275315322323324325
Results 6,481 to 6,488 of 6488

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Have a look at the various Nokia phones.

HMD (ex-Nokia guys) seems to do a decent job with the Nokia brand. All reviews I've read over the past years were favorable. The phones seem to be very affordable, but as least as good as the more pricer ones from competitors.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hel OWeen again.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

One caveat: the Nokia 9 Pure View was a big let down. I wanted to buy it, but the camera software is/was too slow and clunky.

Five camera sensors, all at 12MP and a 1.82 aperture, three being monochrome, two being rgb. One time of flight sensor for depth of field.

All active at the same time for HDR photos.

The idea is great in theory. I would have loved that camera. But damn it's slow.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    One caveat: the Nokia 9 Pure View was a big let down. I wanted to buy it, but the camera software is/was too slow and clunky.
    Camera software/driver is indeed one thing that is a BIG upgrade on Pixel 3a over my old Motorola G5S

Camera specs (which are decent enough on every recent phone) are worth shitall when the software isnt properly tailored. Resulting in dogshit autofocus, it takin 2 seconds of holding still to get a picture in the dark that is worth anything, bad postprocessing etc.

I heard good things about HMD when they initially launched, not-so-good things about their recent offerings.
    Last edited by n0th; January 28 2020 at 07:44:52 AM.

Can anyone confirm/deny the G8Plus has NFC ? i'm seeing conflicting reports.
    My table of doom shows it's got the best selection of features and price for my needs.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I think it depends on the chipset in use/the region you're getting it in. I use one and it definitely has NFC (I use Android pay too much to not have it), but I believe the north american version does not.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Broke my Moto E4, need a cheap smartphone

Give advice
    Pixel 3a cheap enough?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Hi! I'm thinking about Pixel 3, too. I see that you have the same one. What about the battery. Was Google able to improve this?

Pixel 3 is good for me... Same as any other smartphone battery tbh, dies if you use it a lot, can last a few days on idle. I've not had any issues, had it in battery saver four a few hours at the end of a night before too.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Guns make the news, science doesn't.