hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 290 of 307 FirstFirst ... 190240280287288289290291292293300 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 6140

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

  1. #5781
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,832
    Got a HTC 10, p. interesting phone considering it lasted a day of use and still had 48% battery left. Miss the stylus though and it's weird to only have a 5.2 inch screen (albeit with ridiculous DPI).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  2. #5782
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,454
    Replaced with a non-fucked Z5c. Backed up the DRM keys for good measure and force installed the Australian OEM ROM. Now it thinks it's the international version so the fingerprint reader works. No root or unlock needed.

    Very nice phone so far.

  3. #5783
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,507
    Did they swap it within warranty?
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  4. #5784
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Did they swap it within warranty?
    B&H doesn't ask any questions if it's within the return period and you are willing to pay shipping.

  5. #5785
    Ted Breakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23, 2011
    Location
    Babylon E5
    Posts
    1,157
    I has pixel. Camera is god tier! What does the hive recommend for a midrange phone with camera quality being of prime importance?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  6. #5786
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,421
    I have a cubot cheetah 2 off Amazon, if it breaks I'll give zero Fuck and buy another
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  7. #5787
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Breakers View Post
    I has pixel. Camera is god tier! What does the hive recommend for a midrange phone with camera quality being of prime importance?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

    Z5 or LG G5 maybe ?
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  8. #5788
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,394
    My wife bought an Aspera F24.

    Should she get the kids in the divorce, or should I?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  9. #5789
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Breakers View Post
    I has pixel. Camera is god tier! What does the hive recommend for a midrange phone with camera quality being of prime importance?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    https://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

    Z5 or LG G5 maybe ?
    G6 is coming out later this month though. Unfortunately I doubt it'll be for a midrange price at first.

  10. #5790
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,302

  11. #5791
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    9,413
    I was excited by the news when they hinted at the re-release, but now it's launched I'm just not sold on it.

    I thought the deciding factor for the 'new' 3310 was going to be how physically tough it is but I was just reviewing that article and it mentions "It relies on 2.5G connectivity". How long is that environment going to last? The main provider here shutdown their 2G network late last year and the rest look to be closing down their own by the middle of/later this year. Granted, we're not a big market but plenty of big markets are closing down their 2G infrastructure within the next 12-24 months.

    On that basis alone I wouldn't buy one, right now I can buy a similar 'feature phone' (on 3G) for $15 - and that's in Australian Dollaroos, not even USD or GBP. I have to imagine bigger economies with stronger buying power have comparable, maybe even better, deals available.

  12. #5792
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,832
    I think the main attraction in the 3310 was the shape/looks which was omgwtf for that time, battery life and the fact that it was a reliable phone. This new thingie looks kind of awful, looks brittle and the announced battery life doesn't really convince me.

    Plus what Sparq said, I already can't use plenty of my phones from my collection because they're 2G only and my network is 3G only.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  13. #5793
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,235
    2G is here to stay in NL. We'll drop 3G before we ever drop 2G, because there are tons of devices (cars, alarm systems, electricity meters etc) that use 2G to communicate, even ones that are being installed right now. It's basically our IoT network.

    That said, fuck retro devices that can't do anything. I'm eyeing the new LG G6, wondering what it's price will be over here...

  14. #5794
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I think the main attraction in the 3310 was the shape/looks which was omgwtf for that time, battery life and the fact that it was a reliable phone. This new thingie looks kind of awful, looks brittle and the announced battery life doesn't really convince me.

    Plus what Sparq said, I already can't use plenty of my phones from my collection because they're 2G only and my network is 3G only.
    It would seem stupid to release a 2/2.5G phone these days. I mean even if it had no features the old 3310 could be used as a hotspot, so the new one would benefit from a 3G/4G upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  15. #5795
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,144
    Got myself a Sony Xperia X Compact. Pretty good little phone

  16. #5796
    vDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Location
    �� out there
    Posts
    1,336
    Ordered a Zuk Z2 on Bang good.
    Cheapest Snapdragon820 phone on the market

  17. #5797
    Tyrehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [STUGH] Rote Kapelle
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Ordered a Zuk Z2 on Bang good.
    Cheapest Snapdragon820 phone on the market
    Rip your personal data :P
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

  18. #5798
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,507
    Xperia X Performance GOT

    If only the fucking sony app transfer wizard would actually work. Not sure what's the issue, everything else can be transferred. Possibly because ye olden Z3C is rooted and on a customized stock rom.

    RIP App settings/data.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  19. #5799
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    My wife bought an Aspera F24.

    Should she get the kids in the divorce, or should I?
    Tricky. They're your kids, so they might have the sense to not repeat her mistake. But they're her kids too, so best not leave things to chance. Cut ties and move on.

    As for me, it's high time that I get my first smartphone. Trying to decide between a iPhone SE, a Samsung Salaxy S7, or a LG G6. Carrier is Sprint.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  20. #5800
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    My wife bought an Aspera F24.

    Should she get the kids in the divorce, or should I?
    Tricky. They're your kids, so they might have the sense to not repeat her mistake. But they're her kids too, so best not leave things to chance. Cut ties and move on.

    As for me, it's high time that I get my first smartphone. Trying to decide between a iPhone SE, a Samsung Salaxy S7, or a LG G6. Carrier is Sprint.
    First smart phone?

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •