Results 6,341 to 6,355 of 6355

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    location of the sensor ?
    Sony uses thumb.
    Didn't iphones have them on the front or was that a dream?
    They did but they they removed them altogether because they got in to the swing of removing things people used.
    Or, you know, in the spirit of not having teeny tiny screens with massive bezels around them, looking like a design from a decade ago.
    And yet they didn't care about putting a notch at the top for the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I don't give a shit about notches, bezels need to get fucked

It's 2018, give me my glass faced touch computer already

And now for something completely different..

We don't have a Tablet thread (that I can find). I know the market for them is basically dead because people that want one get an iPad and well, screw everyone else.. However my dads 5 year old Samsung tab 10.1 was finally on its last legs, so he we out to get a new tablet. Turns out Lenovo have just recently released some new ones so he got this: https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets.../p/ZZITZTATB7X

OMG its nice. Its everything you would want in a tablet really. Processor isnt terrible (its actually very snappy but it just lacks the single thread punch for things like games, although their are still playable) and his one has 4GB ram and 64GB storage. Thing is super light. Its an almost stock android. And best of all, its actually really cheap!

We were looking at the other tablets in its price point and it wins hands down.

I bet it's nice but there's always better and cheaper if you're after build quality and specs:

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-t...-Mi-Pad-4-Plus

P10 4/64Gb 450 strayarooo dollars ?
    Mi Pad 4 Plus 4/64Gb around 400 strayaroo dollars when it's on sale ?

Only downside being there's no global version, so you've got to wait 2 weeks to unlock the bootloader and flash a pure android/google experience or a Xiaomi.eu Rom
    Last edited by Stoffl; December 7 2018 at 07:27:19 AM.

I bet it's nice but there's always better and cheaper if you're after build quality and specs:

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-t...-Mi-Pad-4-Plus

P10 4/64Gb 450 strayarooo dollars ?
    Mi Pad 4 Plus 4/64Gb around 400 strayaroo dollars when it's on sale ?

Only downside being there's no global version, so you've got to wait 2 weeks to unlock the bootloader and flash a pure android/google experience or a Xiaomi.eu Rom
    The P10 is $50 off at JB over xmas so its the same price I also confirmed that Lenovo stopped using their own shitty launcher/skin some time last year stating that customers specifically asked them to stop and just use stock android.

Looking for a new sodding phone myself now thanks to my biff-hands dropping my Xiaomi Mi A1

Any ideas? Ideally around the size of an iphone 7/8, but needs to be android. Price is flexible. Ideally no big bexels! Not arsed about notches,

Was thinking about a Xperia XZ1 Compact.... (had a Xperia X compact and enjoyed it) but wondering if there are any alternatives due to the bezels.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Looking for a new sodding phone myself now thanks to my biff-hands dropping my Xiaomi Mi A1

Any ideas? Ideally around the size of an iphone 7/8, but needs to be android. Price is flexible. Ideally no big bexels! Not arsed about notches,

Was thinking about a Xperia XZ1 Compact.... (had a Xperia X compact and enjoyed it) but wondering if there are any alternatives due to the bezels.
    i love my galaxy s8

don't even notice where the glass ends and the case begins, great cameras, unusually low on bloat for a samsung, gorgeous screen and so on. i went from an xperia thinking i wouldn't be as fond, but honestly i much prefer this to xperia's
    Last edited by teds :D; December 11 2018 at 04:51:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

i love my galaxy s8

don't even notice where the glass ends and the case begins, great cameras, unusually low on bloat for a samsung, gorgeous screen and so on. i went from an xperia thinking i wouldn't be as fond, but honestly i much prefer this to xperia's
    Thanks Ted. Something I forgot to say was I also really missed how rugged the X Compact was. Dropped it SOOOOO many times, without the case on, and was fine.

I'd like a S8/S9 but I can't imagine it lasting very long in my possesion.

Struggling to find an new XZ1 Compact for around 200 - they hit that (and gong under!) over BF in the UK but can't see any atm, seem to be 300 and I'm not paying that considering its a 50% increase :-/

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

i love my galaxy s8

Thanks Ted. Something I forgot to say was I also really missed how rugged the X Compact was. Dropped it SOOOOO many times, without the case on, and was fine.

Struggling to find an new XZ1 Compact for around 200 - they hit that (and gong under!) over BF in the UK but can't see any atm, seem to be 300 and I'm not paying that considering its a 50% increase :-/
    ah yeah i'd be terrified to have an s8 without a case

i love my galaxy s8

ah yeah i'd be terrified to have an s8 without a case
    The screen is super tough and can take severe beating.
    I only use a thin "condom" on mine, the Puro covers.
    https://www.puro.it/en/store/smartph...xy-s9-eng.html

Like fuck it can. My brother smashed it on his first bigger drop. It still works but the screen is cracked.

It's all glass. Of course the surface will shatter into a million piceses

It's all glass. Of course the surface will shatter into a million piceses
    I mean yeah but the phone is useless then. It "works".

Yeah I'm not defending it. Claiming an s8 is sturdy and doesn't need a case is retarded.

There's no current phone which has a screen resistant to shatter. Even the HTC one with the sapphire screen and this Kyocera will shatter at certain drops. The anecdotal "I dropped it 1403108 times and it's ok" doesn't really count.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.