hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 308 of 313 FirstFirst ... 208258298305306307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 6256

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

I has acquired an LG Q8 for dirt cheap, it's a smaller v20 they released end of last year for slightly cheaper.

Sound is stellar, camera gorgeous, wonderful phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I has acquired an LG Q8 for dirt cheap, it's a smaller v20 they released end of last year for slightly cheaper.

grabbed that for 260ish from amazon a few months ago too. Nice Phone indeed. Was pondering the G6 alternatively but I prefer the old aspect ratio, imo slightly sturdier build and that USB and headphone jack are both at the bottom.
    Battery could be slightly bigger I guess, but its ok. The only thing that's missing still is an Oreo update LG is pretty slow on that front but that's not really an issue for me.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post

grabbed that for 260ish from amazon a few months ago too. Nice Phone indeed. Was pondering the G6 alternatively but I prefer the old aspect ratio, imo slightly sturdier build and that USB and headphone jack are both at the bottom.
    Battery could be slightly bigger I guess, but its ok. The only thing that's missing still is an Oreo update … LG is pretty slow on that front … but that's not really an issue for me.
    Should have gotten the G6! We've had Oreo 8.0 for ages now... like a whole month or something!

Got a Huawei P20. It's superb. Battery life is particularly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Got a Huawei P20. It's superb. Battery life is particularly amazing.
    Got that one for my son.. He is happy.

I got Samsung s8 though. Very happy so far.

Before it i had Samsung Note II (yes, two) which served me well for 4 and a half years. Still on original battery, incredible.. 4 and a half years..

Motorola e4 gud cheap phoan

Google have confirmed they are adding 'notch' support in to android because 14 of the recently submitted phones have at least 1.

Progress..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

It's a weird fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Thanks Apple

Yuuuppp.. Will not purchase a phone with a notch.. I also don't see the need to make the screen 100% of the front surface because I need to hold the thing somehow. I think most phones are at a 'good' screen to phone ratio now with a bit across the top for the sensors/speaker and a bit across the bottom for the mic. As long as its balanced then its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Yuuuppp.. Will not purchase a phone with a notch.. I also don't see the need to make the screen 100% of the front surface because I need to hold the thing somehow. I think most phones are at a 'good' screen to phone ratio now with a bit across the top for the sensors/speaker and a bit across the bottom for the mic. As long as its balanced then its all good.
    How the hell are you holding your phones exactly.

With my fingers.. Have you not noticed that skin bends and moves a little when you grip things and generally wraps around the edge slightly? The 1mm of bezel most phones have these days is plenty thin enough. Its like the samsung edge phones.. I've seem people literally drop them because they were trying to not hold them by the screen so they were delicately gripping the back and only the back.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    With my fingers.. Have you not noticed that skin bends and moves a little when you grip things and generally wraps around the edge slightly? The 1mm of bezel most phones have these days is plenty thin enough. Its like the samsung edge phones.. I've seem people literally drop them because they were trying to not hold them by the screen so they were delicately gripping the back and only the back.
    you have massively fat hands and the people you were watching were drunk

with that said, who cares if you touch the screen while holding it? you have to touch the screen to use it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    you have massively fat hands and the people you were watching were drunk

with that said, who cares if you touch the screen while holding it? you have to touch the screen to use it anyway
    i guess its up there with 100% wrapped in glass.. No this is not a feature i want to pay more for. It makes the phone slippy and hard to keep clean..

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I repeat, what are you doing with your phones?

Holding them, do your hands not touch the edges at all when you hold it? How do you hold your phone, with a suction cup on the back?

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Holding them, do your hands not touch the edges at all when you hold it? How do you hold your phone, with a suction cup on the back?
    His weeb hands are probably child-like, he doesn't get it

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    It makes the phone slippy and hard to keep clean.
    This is the bit I don't understand, how do you have trouble gripping a glass screen?

Also, >keep clean, when you're already touching the phone screen to use it anyway

It seems like suck a first world problem that I legit don't get the issue

I legit don't get the issue
    This explains a lot
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I legit don't get the issue
    This explains a lot
    What, that he doesn't hold his phone like a Neanderthal using it to smash something?