hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 302 of 313 FirstFirst ... 202252292299300301302303304305312 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6255

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

  1. #6021
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Debunked

    Sent from my Lenovo TB-8703F using Tapatalk
    Link?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  2. #6022
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,927
    Have got new OnePlus 5T to replace my OnePlus One now that its wifi and bluetooth are completely stuffed.. I was quite impressed when I worked out I had had the One for 4 years.. 5T is so amazingly better than the old phone in literally every way. (like that shocked anyone)
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  3. #6023
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,422
    Yeah I'm pretty happy with my 5T. It helps that it's like half the price of an iPhone.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  4. #6024
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    972
    Is anyone using a Nokia Android phone yet? The leaks for the 7 Plus are promising. Also dual SIM in all of them which is a requirement.

    This Moto G5S Plus is nice but Lenovo is useless at doing timely updates. Nokia seems to be on the ball in that regard.

  5. #6025
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,876
    Going to need to replace my Nexus 5X's battery soon, anyone else done it?

  6. #6026
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,978
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190€ for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    Last edited by Stoffl; February 13 2018 at 08:50:46 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  7. #6027
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190 for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?


    

  8. #6028
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190 for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?
    Keyloggers

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  9. #6029
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,150
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190€ for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?
    Keyloggers

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Apparently it's stock Android so just the regular Google keyloggers.


    

  10. #6030
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,978
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190 for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?
    Keyloggers

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    M8 it's not a oneplus

    Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  11. #6031
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

    3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190€ for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

    Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?
    None really, check reviews.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/xiaomi-mi-a1-review

    If you order from china/hongkong via gearbest it's usually cheaper(170€) and some tax/toll dodging is going on. The 191€ is current price from EU stock though.
    I have a Redmi Note 4 as 2nd phone(lol 10weeks Sony HongKong RMA) and besides their MIUI ROM I'm struggling to see any downsides. The finish and manufacturing is flawless. So is performance and receiption, gps etc.

    Also these Snapdragon 625 Xiaomi phones can be enabled to have Camera2Api with RAW Support which means the google pixel camera port works.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...-redmi-note-3/
    https://www.xda-developers.com/pixel...-android-oreo/

    I doubt I'll ever buy a premium smartphone again...
    Last edited by Stoffl; February 13 2018 at 12:00:41 PM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  12. #6032

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Going to need to replace my Nexus 5X's battery soon, anyone else done it?
    Yeah it's no big deal, the easily available instructions on the internets suffice. Battery is glued on pretty strong though and you might want to pry it open from the top side with something strong and plastic that slides under.

    (edit) just realised, it was 10 days old... Did you replace it in the meantime or...?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  13. #6033
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    pry it open ... with something strong and plastic that slides under.
    They call it a spudger.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  14. #6034

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    pry it open ... with something strong and plastic that slides under.
    They call it a spudger.
    Consider me taught.

    But other random shit works too, doesn't even have to be that strong. Did mine with a plastic knife for ghetto scenes. :>

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  15. #6035
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Going to need to replace my Nexus 5X's battery soon, anyone else done it?
    Yeah it's no big deal, the easily available instructions on the internets suffice. Battery is glued on pretty strong though and you might want to pry it open from the top side with something strong and plastic that slides under.

    (edit) just realised, it was 10 days old... Did you replace it in the meantime or...?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Nah all the bits are ready on my desk but I've been busy all weekend

  16. #6036
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,477
    Dear FHC,

    Please TMA porting a phone number from contract mobile A to contract mobile B. I have not done this before.

    I have in my possession a payg SIM (O2). Are there any pitfalls I need to watch out for apart from losing the will to live while spending an hour trying to get through to get the code number thing I need? I assume I need to put some money into the payg SIM right? does it need to be ain a phone for this to happen? I ask because I lost the little key thing that opens up the sim tray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  17. #6037
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,378
    Porting Authorisation Code, is free to get, obligated to be supplied within 2 days, lasts for 30 days, can be used after you've obtained your new SIM.

    It's just to update the central database of which phone number is associated with which SIM number. Shouldn't need the current sim, probably does need an activated new sim (at least the IDs of it). IIRC you can be using that new sim on it's unwanted number (or have the thing off in a drawer) while awaiting the transfer, and then you'll just lose network connectivity, have to restart the device, and boom it's using the new phone number and not the old/temp one.

    Been a long while since I did it myself.

    As for the tray ejector, can't a paperclip or sewing needle get in there?

    Going from O2 is here, going from another provider would be similar but different. Even going from O2 contract to PAYG might be as though changing providers, but at least you'd get contract customer service until the move.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; February 20 2018 at 08:30:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  18. #6038
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,422
    idk. Last time I switched, they sent me a new SIM and emailed me to say "when the old sim stops working, switch to the new one. Bye"

    And yes, a paperclip or needle works fine. If it's an Apple device, then obviously you can borrow one by walking into a store.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  19. #6039
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Porting Authorisation Code, is free to get, obligated to be supplied within 2 days, lasts for 30 days, can be used after you've obtained your new SIM.

    It's just to update the central database of which phone number is associated with which SIM number. Shouldn't need the current sim, probably does need an activated new sim. IIRC you can be using that new sim on it's unwanted number (or have the thing off in a drawer) while awaiting the transfer, and then you'll just lose network connectivity, have to restart the device, and boom it's using the new phone number and not the old/temp one.

    Been a long while since I did it myself.

    As for the tray ejector, can't a paperclip or sewing needle get in there?

    Going from O2 is here, going from another provider would be similar but different. Even going from O2 contract to PAYG might be as though changing providers, but at least you'd get contract customer service until the move.
    What I was told was that the number needs to be ported from [Old contract SIM] -> [disposable payg SIM] -> [New contract SIM]. The old phone is literally dying, my new pixel 2 works great but i want my old number on it.

    does the payg sim need to actually be in a phone at any point for this? I'm happy to write off the fiver or whatever to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  20. #6040
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Porting Authorisation Code, is free to get, obligated to be supplied within 2 days, lasts for 30 days, can be used after you've obtained your new SIM.

    It's just to update the central database of which phone number is associated with which SIM number. Shouldn't need the current sim, probably does need an activated new sim. IIRC you can be using that new sim on it's unwanted number (or have the thing off in a drawer) while awaiting the transfer, and then you'll just lose network connectivity, have to restart the device, and boom it's using the new phone number and not the old/temp one.

    Been a long while since I did it myself.

    As for the tray ejector, can't a paperclip or sewing needle get in there?

    Going from O2 is here, going from another provider would be similar but different. Even going from O2 contract to PAYG might be as though changing providers, but at least you'd get contract customer service until the move.
    What I was told was that the number needs to be ported from [Old contract SIM] -> [disposable payg SIM] -> [New contract SIM]. The old phone is literally dying, my new pixel 2 works great but i want my old number on it.

    does the payg sim need to actually be in a phone at any point for this? I'm happy to write off the fiver or whatever to activate it.
    It shouldn't need to be. I went old contract Sim to new contract Sim fine without a stop gap but depends who said you need that. It was just a case of get PAC and call new provider with it and Sim card number.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •