hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 298 of 300 FirstFirst ... 198248288295296297298299300 LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 5988

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Vanilla AOSP, maybe?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Two colleagues bought an OP5, really happy with it. No idea what this issue is.
    What is it.

Turns out google ignores the settings and listens anyway. Bugg still there. Found a support thread with hundreds of people with the same issue and no help.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    My phone appearently auto updated and reset my settings in google. telemetry etc was turned back on and the bloody OK Google shit is back aswell.
    I have disabled it in my setings, but it still starts every time I plug or unplug my headphones. This iswhy I had it disabled in the first place. it bugs out and causes the phone to think the phones are always plugged in. Disabling OK google fixed this before. but now disabling it doesn't seem to disable it at all. I can't even force stop it.

Any idea what to do?

Edit: Removing the app's permission to acces the microphone seems to have fixed it. It's still runing, but now it can't detect anything so it can't fuck shit up anymore.

Damn these things make me annoyed. As if I needed another reminder why I am moving more and more towards open source.
    What you need to do it get your phone and say "ok google, My phone appearently auto updated and reset my settings in google. telemetry etc was turned back on and the bloody OK Google shit is back aswell.
    I have disabled it in my setings, but it still starts every time I plug or unplug my headphones. This iswhy I had it disabled in the first place. it bugs out and causes the phone to think the phones are always plugged in. Disabling OK google fixed this before. but now disabling it doesn't seem to disable it at all. I can't even force stop it.

Any idea what to do?"

Hope that helps.

Pro quoting skills

Today i used my phone to play some random music through the PA before a show (sound engi for a theater group). The music was constantly interupted by goofle starting and listening for commands.
    App is disabled. Permissions are all turned off. Noone said anything even close to the phone. Phobe set to "do not disturb" to not get interupted over the pa.

Fuck sake. This is reaching win10 levels of unusability.

Your phone is haunted m8

Pro quoting skills

Today i used my phone to play some random music through the PA before a show (sound engi for a theater group). The music was constantly interupted by goofle starting and listening for commands.
    App is disabled. Permissions are all turned off. Noone said anything even close to the phone. Phobe set to "do not disturb" to not get interupted over the pa.

I run audio at most school events.

Rule number one: don't use a phone as a audio source.

Between OK Google and screens suddenly locked and no data left on the student's plan I have yet to see it used reliably. Bring a laptop if you don't want to create a CD for the show.
    nevar forget

Or if it's to test audio then pay 10-20 of your currency of choice for some cheap mp3 player.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Pro quoting skills

I run audio at most school events.

Rule number one: don't use a phone as a audio source.

Between OK Google and screens suddenly locked and no data left on the student's plan I have yet to see it used reliably. Bring a laptop if you don't want to create a CD for the show.
    Just pre-download the track on spotify and set the phone in flight mode or DnD and it's fine... usualy. It's fairly standard on smaller gigs when you just need something quick.

We do that all the time and you should never have to do anything else but put it in silent mode.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    The lady and I have been getting a lot of spam calls on our mobile phones (thanks Verizon). Any app you guys would recommend to combat this?
    if you were in the UK it would be simple http://www.tpsonline.org.uk suddenly makes it illegal to cold call your number, the UK does something right?

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Why Samsung do you make the smart watch I have been waiting for and then hamstring it with Tizen (Gear S3 Frontier), right price right battery, always on watch option all the sensors and a good size, but no software including no android pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Why Samsung do you make the smart watch I have been waiting for and then hamstring it with Tizen (Gear S3 Frontier), right price right battery, always on watch option all the sensors and a good size, but no software including no android pay.
    Because they have Samsung Pay?

And yes, it's the smartwatch I'd get as well (in the classic flavor). Our social worker at school has one and it's been super useful to him. He does all psychological emergency cases, is head of the social workers, is the liaison between our school and youth services, school psychologists etc. and is the contact person for 300 students. So he's super happy he got a very discrete way to check who's calling him while he is in a meeting etc.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Because they have Samsung Pay?

And yes, it's the smartwatch I'd get as well (in the classic flavor). Our social worker at school has one and it's been super useful to him. He does all psychological emergency cases, is head of the social workers, is the liaison between our school and youth services, school psychologists etc. and is the contact person for 300 students. So he's super happy he got a very discrete way to check who's calling him while he is in a meeting etc.
    Samsung pay i guess may be OK if for a start my bank was supported, and my phone, my wife's phone, my work phone etc. not keeping to 1 platform please, android pay works with a lot more devices including more Samsung ones than Samsung pay does.

I have had my mum's iphone in a draw for a year after she passed away, i kept it intending to download the photos she took on it at some point. didn't do so originally becuase i didn't want to charge the thing and then be dealing with people calling not knowing she's passed, then with it being in a drawer forgot about the idea for a while.

i don't know the PIN, anyone know how i would go about getting access? (i know nothing about phones, i'd throw mine in a lake if i could)

it's an 'Apple iPhone 5c A1507 8GB'
    Last edited by Shiodome; September 10 2017 at 12:29:23 AM.

I'd have a look on her computer, it's bound to have those pics synced. Even if it has a password, it's easier with a computer than with a phone with no removable storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Your phone is haunted m8
    Who was your secret santa, cos they need to delete everything on your phone.

I need to upgrade my 5S which is getting super long in the tooth. The decision between 7, 8 and X is surprisingly hard.

The 7 is cheap, it's fast enough, but it's fuck ugly.

The 8 is expensive, it's more than fast enough, and it's not fuck ugly.

The X is ridiculously expensive, and probably supply constrained until Early/Mid-2018.

What do? Wait until X? Wait until X release and then buy second-hand 7 for cheap-ish? Buy 8 now? The X is shiny but I'm 99% certain I don't want a first-generation Apple product.

S8?
    Last edited by Pattern; September 27 2017 at 07:08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    S8?
    Fuck Samsung.

Nobody Holme convinced me to get the 8 :3