hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296303304305306
Results 6,101 to 6,114 of 6114

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

unless a phone is like totes waterproof there is no excuse for noy having a jack

There's plenty waterproof phones with headphone Jacks
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    But it has a stupid notch. Not as bad as the one on the iphone x, but still.
    It does indeed. I have no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

was very tempted by the Xiaomi Mi A1 but in the end just went for another replacement battery for my Note 3, it still does every thing i need of it and it seems that every new phone has got narrower (which is shit for reading books). This is now my longest owned phone passing my 3210 by 6 months, feels like phone innovation has been on hold for a good long while.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    feels like phone innovation has been on hold for a good long while.
    That's because you've been using the same phone for over 4 years, not because the world hasn't moved on in that time, because it really has.

Colleague asked me for help with her phone, as she couldn't use WhatsApp anymore because the app wouldn't update because there's not enough space left.

It's a 2014-ish Sony mid level (compact maybe?) Android phone running Android 4.something, 6gb user available memory. 2.4gb taken up by received images and videos in WhatsApp.
    You can't change the save location in whatsapp to the SD card, and even if, it wouldn't have let me because it blocked use until update but updates were blocked due to low memory.

Catch 22.

Managed to move the WhatsApp files to the card anyway, they just wouldn't show up in WhatsApp as old media anymore.

In the meantime I asked her about her contract and if she was willing to get a new phone while getting a contract not from 2013. Now this colleague is older, not super tech savvy, music teacher, esoteric and our life coach for our students. (One of our many approaches to help our students, works for some.)
    She said yes she would and no, money wasn't really an issue. I must confess I suggested an iPhone because there's just so much more music production equipment available for it, especially at Berlin's biggest music equipment store. I did also point towards the Mate 10 Lite and P20 Lite.
    Basically made it dependent on the contract they'd offer her, if it was with the phone somewhere around the price if the iPhone bought separately, she should get that, of not to get a Huawei.

I did not expect her being so open to new and very expensive hardware.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

TBH for most people, especially older, iPhone is probs the best phone you can buy. Half of the reason is because if it breaks you just walk into a shop and they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Colleague asked me for help with her phone, as she couldn't use WhatsApp anymore because the app wouldn't update because there's not enough space left.

It's a 2014-ish Sony mid level (compact maybe?) Android phone running Android 4.something, 6gb user available memory. 2.4gb taken up by received images and videos in WhatsApp.
    You can't change the save location in whatsapp to the SD card, and even if, it wouldn't have let me because it blocked use until update but updates were blocked due to low memory.

Catch 22.

Managed to move the WhatsApp files to the card anyway, they just wouldn't show up in WhatsApp as old media anymore.

In the meantime I asked her about her contract and if she was willing to get a new phone while getting a contract not from 2013. Now this colleague is older, not super tech savvy, music teacher, esoteric and our life coach for our students. (One of our many approaches to help our students, works for some.)
    She said yes she would and no, money wasn't really an issue. I must confess I suggested an iPhone because there's just so much more music production equipment available for it, especially at Berlin's biggest music equipment store. I did also point towards the Mate 10 Lite and P20 Lite.
    Basically made it dependent on the contract they'd offer her, if it was with the phone somewhere around the price if the iPhone bought separately, she should get that, of not to get a Huawei.

Tapapapatalk
    Honestly sounds like the target audience for an Apple thingie. Ease of use and availability of a ton of music apps and what not is a big plus. Just not the retarded X. Maybe 8?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Catch 22.

Tapapapatalk
    Honestly sounds like the target audience for an Apple thingie. Ease of use and availability of a ton of music apps and what not is a big plus. Just not the retarded X. Maybe 8?
    I wouldn't throw someone that can already use android (even if its at a basic level) on to ios. They are different enough that you are just going to get confused questions all the time. Better off getting a mid range new (read android 7 or 8) phone because it'll basically work the same way as their old phone except be faster and not have issues with shit like storage.

Dunno how much they go for in Europe but check the LG V30 if they're comfortable with android and music matters. It's a bit of a media powerhouse with stellar audio. Literally it's main selling point.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I wouldn't throw someone that can already use android (even if its at a basic level) on to ios. They are different enough that you are just going to get confused questions all the time. Better off getting a mid range new (read android 7 or 8) phone because it'll basically work the same way as their old phone except be faster and not have issues with shit like storage.
    Accomodation from Android to iOS takes literally 5 minutes.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Dunno how much they go for in Europe but check the LG V30 if they're comfortable with android and music matters. It's a bit of a media powerhouse with stellar audio. Literally it's main selling point.

It's not about sound quality.

It's about stuff like Rode's iXLR that connects XLR microphones via lightning to an iPhone. Or midi keyboards with lightning ports. Or Lightning microphones.

And quite frankly the level of use was so low a change to Apple is no big deal either. We aren't talking about a tech savvy person. When I pulled up the settings menu, that was new to her.
    nevar forget

Eh that's fair, let's me honest most of the potential android advantages are really only worth it to somewhat tech savvy people. And it's hard to argue that Apple doesn't have more audio production support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Accomodation from Android to iOS takes literally 5 minutes.
    If they want an iPhone they can have an iPhone and thats fine, all I was saying was I wouldn't force them on to an iPhone because you think it'll be best for them. Some people cant handle the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 despite them being almost identical.

I would say the same thing to people that were trying to convince a person to change from iPhone to Android. Its the persons choice. (The only time you are wrong is when you chose a windows phone)