hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 316 of 316 FirstFirst ... 216266306313314315316
Results 6,301 to 6,309 of 6309

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Gearbest yes. I ordered from HK not mainland China. Tracking says it arrived on HK airport on the 8th. I used EU express shipping...
    Last year i ordered a laptop from them, no special shipping. Took like, 6 weeks to get here as it was held in customs. Fortunately the good chaps in china had put a 20 value on the package, no import duty. They know what they are doing g. Might take a bit
    Anything I order from gearbest or banggood takes 6-8 weeks to get here. "Express" usually means I get a tracking number and they dont mess about for a week filling the order, but nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Gearbest yes. I ordered from HK not mainland China. Tracking says it arrived on HK airport on the 8th. I used EU express shipping...
    Last year i ordered a laptop from them, no special shipping. Took like, 6 weeks to get here as it was held in customs. Fortunately the good chaps in china had put a 20 value on the package, no import duty. They know what they are doing g. Might take a bit
    Anything I order from gearbest or banggood takes 6-8 weeks to get here. "Express" usually means I get a tracking number and they dont mess about for a week filling the order, but nothing more.
    If you want to avoid customs charges, do not ever select "DHL". They go out of their way to claim their admin fee upon customs charges.

I wouldn't buy anything too expensive from China directly though, like a laptop. Big-balls Mr Duckslayer

You either pay a lot, or you wait a lot.

I usually prefer to wait a lot

It says on tracking it cleared customs. Now we wait a bit more.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    If you want to avoid customs charges, do not ever select "DHL". They go out of their way to claim their admin fee upon customs charges.

I wouldn't buy anything too expensive from China directly though, like a laptop. Big-balls Mr Duckslayer
    IDK I got a random mech keyboard from china, est arrival was supposed to be Dec 4th, it arrived yesterday

Sometimes it's just completely random

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

IDK I got a random mech keyboard from china, est arrival was supposed to be Dec 4th, it arrived yesterday

Yep, that is also true. Not saying don't buy, just choose your delivery option carefully and try to protect yourself as much as poss (paypal etc)

That's what "EU /DE / BE priority line" is for.
    Gearbest supposedly "handles" the import duties and declares stuff and then it's shipped from an EU warehouse.
    Used to all come in via the UK.

Now they obviously aren't declaring the full value there otherwise they'd be loosing money so I suspect some creative paperwork and bribing is going on
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Yep, that is also true. Not saying don't buy, just choose your delivery option carefully and try to protect yourself as much as poss (paypal etc)
    I've heard enough horror stories to never want to use paypal

I've heard enough horror stories to never want to use paypal
    Well, do you trust your credit card info with PayPal or some random Chinese guy.

PayPal is fine for the buyer. Now if you are selling something using it then you need to keep your butt cheeks clenched tight for the full month they give the buyer the option for a charge back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.