hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 307 of 318 FirstFirst ... 207257297304305306307308309310317 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6345

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    My S7 Edge has been on the way out for a while (piece of shit samsung/verizon bloatware), and I'm looking to get a new phone.

Just have a couple requirements:
    USB-C
    Minimal/no bloatware
    Unlocked, works on Verizon
    Easy to root would be great

Was looking at the Moto G5 Plus but its a bit dated and doesn't have USB-C, Pixel XL looks like it might be good, but pretty expensive. What else to look at?

Bonus points for source, I have no idea about what would be a reliable place to buy such things
    Nexus 5X, or well, any of the Nexus phones, cheaper than the Pixel and still excellent phones

I've heard good things about the WileyFox offerings too
    Wouldn't bother with a 5X anymore, as much as I like mine. Would just go straight for pixel or one of the other offerings from Moto etc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    My S7 Edge has been on the way out for a while (piece of shit samsung/verizon bloatware), and I'm looking to get a new phone.

USB-C
    Minimal/no bloatware

Was looking at the Moto G5 Plus but its a bit dated and doesn't have USB-C, Pixel XL looks like it might be good, but pretty expensive. What else to look at?

Bonus points for source, I have no idea about what would be a reliable place to buy such things
    Nexus 5X, or well, any of the Nexus phones, cheaper than the Pixel and still excellent phones

I've heard good things about the WileyFox offerings too
    Wouldn't bother with a 5X anymore, as much as I like mine. Would just go straight for pixel or one of the other offerings from Moto etc.
    Haven't encountered any issues with mine other than a battery replacement~~

USB-C
    Minimal/no bloatware

Moto G6 Plus? It came out last month or so and has all the things other than "easy to root" (I think).
    Last edited by orcane; June 7 2018 at 11:33:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orcane View Post

USB-C
    Minimal/no bloatware

Moto G6 Plus? It came out last month or so and has all the things other than "easy to root" (I think).
    Don't think its available in the US :/

Really looking at the G6. Only issue really is the processor might be a tad slow, but I don't play games on my phone, just FireFox/Reddit/Tasked/Imgur and school related stuff, mostly. Does the extra performance matter?

The X4 is another I'm considering. Waterproof, better camera, little better processor but both lack AMOLED screens. Not sure how much I care though
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Really looking at the G6. Only issue really is the processor might be a tad slow, but I don't play games on my phone, just FireFox/Reddit/Tasked/Imgur and school related stuff, mostly. Does the extra performance matter?

The X4 is another I'm considering. Waterproof, better camera, little better processor but both lack AMOLED screens. Not sure how much I care though
    I think the G6 line should be out in the US too, not sure. This article mentions they'll sell the G6 but not the X4 in the US: https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-g6

The Snapdragon 630 in the G6 Plus should be plenty fast for everything but the most demanding games so I wouldn't worry about that. Lack of waterproof certification is the only thing I'd miss, personally (it has "splash resistant coating" but how much that helps, who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by orcane View Post

I think the G6 line should be out in the US too, not sure. This article mentions they'll sell the G6 but not the X4 in the US: https://www.androidcentral.com/moto-g6

The Snapdragon 630 in the G6 Plus should be plenty fast for everything but the most demanding games so I wouldn't worry about that. Lack of waterproof certification is the only thing I'd miss, personally (it has "splash resistant coating" but how much that helps, who knows).
    The G6 and X4 are on their US website and available in stores but the G6 Plus is not listed

That is helpful though, I figured a mid range processor would be fine for me
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

U guys forget Nokias?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    U guys forget Nokias?
    No, they're just shit

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    The G6 and X4 are on their US website and available in stores but the G6 Plus is not listed

Does the OnePlus 6 fit your requirements? or is it outside your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post

It would but no Verizon
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

It would but no Verizon
    Verizon coverage for most phones not specifically made for it is a bit odd by the looks of it.. They are an old CDMA carrier which just about everyone else in the world dropped for GSM and when they made the jump to 4G they started using band 13 as their main band, which again, just about no one else in the world uses..

They do however also use bands 1, 2, 4 and 5 which is pretty common so most phones will support most of those (the OnePlus 6 supports all of them) but it needs to be available in your area.. Apparently according to wikipedia if they advertise XLTE in your area then you get band 4..

i always wondered why people picked Verizon because of the phone compatibility thing (when we visit we go T-Mobile because it works with our phones).
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

It would but no Verizon
    Verizon coverage for most phones not specifically made for it is a bit odd by the looks of it.. They are an old CDMA carrier which just about everyone else in the world dropped for GSM and when they made the jump to 4G they started using band 13 as their main band, which again, just about no one else in the world uses..

They do however also use bands 1, 2, 4 and 5 which is pretty common so most phones will support most of those (the OnePlus 6 supports all of them) but it needs to be available in your area.. Apparently according to wikipedia if they advertise XLTE in your area then you get band 4..

i always wondered why people picked Verizon because of the phone compatibility thing (when we visit we go T-Mobile because it works with our phones).
    I've considered switching but Verizon is the only carrier that has service in the mountains here, and that is vital
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Lolus / lolcdma

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Lolus / lolcdma
    Not really, it is kind of amazing they have service there at all

Population: 63
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

No it really isn't.

No it really isn't.
    Why isn't it?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Because CDMA is utter garbage and has nothing to do with coverage ?

Because CDMA is utter garbage and has nothing to do with coverage ?
    But if a CDMA carrier is the only one providing coverage, then it has a lot to do with coverage.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Really, the whole GSM/CDMA debate is pretty moot in the LTE era. I mean shit even when your phone fall backs to 1x/3G, its all EVDO & SVDO on CDMA now so there is no appreciable difference between what it can do and what GSM does.

Picked up an X4 for $300 yesterday, perfect fit for me, I think
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve