hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 303 of 305 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6092

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Apparently only O2 support the contract -> contract transfer, and my old contract is Vodafone who won't. Thus I have to use this tedious "triangle" method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Apparently Vodafone is bullshitting you, start the O2 contract, PAC your number over, done (cancel Vodafone contract, take off and nuke them from orbit).
    Yes you will have a temporary phone number for the new O2 sim while you await the transfer, no it shouldn't require a 2nd (payg) sim.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sim...-mobile-number

In 2009 it was this simple, other than optimally timing the old contract cancellation, which I'd assume is improved since then what with EU not tolerating anti-customer bullshit.

Ironically it seems Vodafone and Telephonica (O2) agreed to share network infrastructure (masts, fibre network). 2009 in EU, 2012 in UK, moreso in 2017.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; February 21 2018 at 11:45:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Strange, everytime I've changed carriers for my parents or myself, the moving of the phone number to the new SIM has been done by the new carrier. No fuss at all for the last 20 years or so.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Strange, everytime I've changed carriers for my parents or myself, the moving of the phone number to the new SIM has been done by the new carrier. No fuss at all for the last 20 years or so.
    Pmuch, I took my phone in, texted "port" to some number and the switch was done in 20 seconds

I didn't even need to change SIM

My Mate 10 Pro opens Facebook and Google Maps faster then in the video.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    My 5T opens maps way faster and facebook way slower.. Half of it comes down to your network connection (which im going to assume was the same for this 'test'). Also does anyone know how to stop facebook from advertising you a shewee? You miss click once and you're doomed for life..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Maybe some stuff is cached on your phone and wasn't in the test for the sake of fairness ?

Without knowing the actual test conditions (First boot after setup ? Just a reboot ? Network connection?) commenting on it is pretty pointless.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Without knowing the actual test conditions (First boot after setup ? Just a reboot ? Network connection?) commenting on it is pretty pointless.
    True... I also think the point was the iPhoneX is slooooowwwwwwww....

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Having Facebook's app installed at all has a massive impact on my battery life, so I use Metal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Having Facebook's app installed at all has a massive impact on my battery life, so I use Metal instead.
    Funny you should say that, my 5T literally told me yesterday that the facebook app was using most of my battery and did i want to kill it.. Oreo is awesome. (I said yes obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Xiaomi Mi A1

3 years updates guaranteed(Android One device) - stock android
    190€ for the 4Gb/64Gb verison, cheaper when it's on sale

Can't beat that
    That's ridiculously cheap. What's the catch?
    None really, check reviews.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/xiaomi-mi-a1-review

If you order from china/hongkong via gearbest it's usually cheaper(170€) and some tax/toll dodging is going on. The 191€ is current price from EU stock though.
    I have a Redmi Note 4 as 2nd phone(lol 10weeks Sony HongKong RMA) and besides their MIUI ROM I'm struggling to see any downsides. The finish and manufacturing is flawless. So is performance and receiption, gps etc.

Also these Snapdragon 625 Xiaomi phones can be enabled to have Camera2Api with RAW Support which means the google pixel camera port works.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...-redmi-note-3/
    https://www.xda-developers.com/pixel...-android-oreo/

I doubt I'll ever buy a premium smartphone again...
    I bought one of these last week after reading some random reviews around the internet. So far i am totally impressed and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend 800 on a bleeding edge (lol) phone. Build quality is excellent, the stock OS is responsive and it does all the phone stuff properly, without fucking about. Even the fingerprint sensor, which i was dubious about, is exceptionally well implemented.

It's such an iPhone ripoff though, it even uses the little pokey thing for the SIM socket.

Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    Last edited by Itiken; April 5 2018 at 08:52:25 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Using the built-in IR / remote app to turn down annoying pub television volume may never stop being hilarious too.
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    And this is why I miss having an IR blaster on my Android phone. I don't use it as a main terminal but I'm in love with it (HTC 10).

I've given up on trying to make the blackberry torch work. Doesn't have access to WhatsApp and it's supremely annoying because of that. Also lots of apps missing. Too bad, it's such a nice phone in itself and has that awesome BB keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you got a blackberry

in 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

You were still trying to make a blackberry work? Wow.

Let's all point and laugh at the blackberry user

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The only complaint about the Xperia Z3 compact is that I can't permanently kill Sony's stupid "Whats New!" adverts

I can kill them via adb but I have to do that on every reboot or they turn themselves on again

The only complaint about the Xperia Z3 compact is that I can't permanently kill Sony's stupid "Whats New!" adverts

I can kill them via adb but I have to do that on every reboot or they turn themselves on again
    Even with root ?

Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post

Even with root ?
    Yep, as far as I can tell