hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 301 of 308 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6143

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Final fantasy tactics is still on sale for 5 bucks I think, believe it's the psp version with fixed slowdowns and touch screen controls

Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I mean the alternative is that people would bitch about shitty battery life tbh

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I think the issue is they denied it until it was proven true. Also I can mitigate bad battery by carrying external batteries and charging more often.

Typical apple though, instead of giving their users a choice, they decided they know what's better
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I think the issue is they denied it until it was proven true. Also I can mitigate bad battery by carrying external batteries and charging more often.

Typical apple though, instead of giving their users a choice, they decided they know what's better
    Apple owners are morons so it's a safe bet

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post

Apple owners are morons so it's a safe bet
    Touche
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

The new Xperia XZ1 Compact looks good, but I'm still super bitter after breaking my Z5 Compact and being unable to to find a repair company that didn't fuck it up more. Sony doesn't offer any kind of repair services in the USA, online support only

Not sure what else there is in the same formfactor for Android. Nokia 8 looks decent, but might be bigger than what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    The new Xperia XZ1 Compact looks good, but I'm still super bitter after breaking my Z5 Compact and being unable to to find a repair company that didn't fuck it up more. Sony doesn't offer any kind of repair services in the USA, online support only

Not sure what else there is in the same formfactor for Android. Nokia 8 looks decent, but might be bigger than what I want.
    yeah it's pretty shit, apple has the high end market cornered and nobody else is making midrange tablets

Looking at an S8 for 135 up front, 23/m

Good phone/deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I managed to drop my trusty old oneplus one into the asfalt one time to many and replaced it with a Oneplus 5t last week. Excellent phone, 550€. No shitty samsung software nagging me just a really clean phone.

How's the camera on the 5t? I'm thinking of replacing my OnePlus 2 in the next few months as it's starting to have some performance issues even with a new ROM installed in the last few months. I've got a few trips happening this year where I'd like a good camera on my phone and the OnePlus 2 is pretty lacking in that area.

Other option would probably be a Pixel (not a 2) or maybe something else, I haven't really looked too closely at what's around at the moment.

If you're interested in quality pics, just go with a dedicated camera instead of using phonecamera, there are some compacts around with APS-C sensors (Fuji X100T should be a really good price since the X100F came out).

With cameraphones it isn't just the specs (which look awesome everywhere you look), but the end result is a mix between sensor quality and image processing algorithms (and it's all lies anyways). So get a proper camera, shoot RAW+JPEG and look like a proper hipster
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Haven't even used the camera once actually come to think of it. It's not really in my usage pattern but there are reviews out there that focused a bit on how the camera worked and they concluded that the Pixel 2 was the best one. The 5t was ok, on par with the samsung 8 more or less from what I remember.

There's ports of the google pixel camera app for different phones, googles HDR+ can vastly improve picture quality.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...a-hdr-t3655215

Needs root to enable camera2 api though

Otherwise, go by this:
    https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

Xiaomi Mi Note 3 would be the budget sensible option. Similiar picture quality than Google pixel with stock app, pixel camera mod is available for added HDR+ sexyness.
    Last edited by Stoffl; January 8 2018 at 08:21:01 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Snapped off 3 quick pictures this cold and bleak wintermorning with the OP5T.

First pic is ~5 meters away. Second pic is ~5 meters away with 3x digital zoom. Third pic is 2 meters away.

Spoiler:

Not sure what kind of compression shenanigans Google and Imgur provides after clouding it.

And now 3 pics with the ported pixel camera and HDR+

Examples you say ?

OP5T stock

Pixel

Outdoor shots with prober lighting and shade obviously more impressive
    Last edited by Stoffl; January 9 2018 at 08:41:40 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post

Have a look at the Xperia X compact. Its around a year old now but plenty good enough for me (had mine since April 17) and should be cheap by now

edit: just reread to notice that you want to avoid Sony!

If you're using a OnePlus you really should just expect all of your content to be sent back to Ali and Tencent.

Debunked

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8703F using Tapatalk