hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TMA] Fitting a POS

Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    Ok, so you're importing ice. And you're importing or abstaining from meta modules. And you're importing either T2 modules and ships, or T2 BPCs and components, or T1 BPOs, datacores, and moongoo. You're importing faction ammo and faction/deadspace modules. You're mining high-end ores, exporting reinforced scraps and re-importing them as tritanium.

You're doing all this so that you can build a few things in a wormhole. You're still exporting and importing all kinds of stuff weekly, at a minimum. You're not very different from any other wormholer, except that you're spending less time looking for fights and more time doing logistics/industry.

If you actually want to produce anything significant in a WH, you're going to need several POSes, or just shittons of arrays that you constantly online and offline to switch tasks. And you're going to have poorly defended POSes that scream "shinies inside."
    This was what I was looking for, thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    On a similar note, yet only loosely related to POSs, if you refine compressed <insert mineral>(IE: the stuff from a rorq) at a POS, do you get the full value or still at a reduced rate?
    Every refine except ice will be lossy. Using compressed ore just means less 90% less hauling, not a better refine rate.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    On a similar note, yet only loosely related to POSs, if you refine compressed <insert mineral>(IE: the stuff from a rorq) at a POS, do you get the full value or still at a reduced rate?
    Every refine except ice will be lossy. Using compressed ore just means less 90% less hauling, not a better refine rate.
    Was afraid of that. Someone mentioned to me that if you use compressed minerals you always get the return.