hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3630

Thread: The Serious Mental Health Thread

Deffo go chat to the Doctor.

Until that's done, remember the adage: "If you trust, you will be disappointed occasionally, but if you mistrust, you will be miserable all the time."

Accept occasionally being made a fool as the cost of living a healthy life.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; October 25 2017 at 12:12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

And lack of socializing in IRL environments has done horrible damage. You guys remember how trusting people in EVE was always stupid? It's sorta like that, only applied to IRL. Everybody's out to use everybody, there's no such thing as loyalty anymore. It's foolish to place your trust in anybody, especially if you have money. The "good girl next door" type simply does not exist, in a society that encourages materialism and selfishness.
    I can sympathise with everything you wrote down, however the above struck closest to home for me.

Look, you don't need a lot of people around to be happy. Don't open up to just everybody as a pre-emptive way of getting inconvenienced.

But see a doctor. There is hope even for people who adhere to a code of conduct. I should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

I saw a doctor about 6 months ago regarding my depression, it comes and goes in phases and at the time was feeling great (typical that i'll only seek help for depression when i'm not feeling depressed :P). Doctor recommended CBT, and referred me to a local organisation which is was good, was interested to see if it would help. Organisation had a 6 week waiting list, fair enough, i know resources are stretched and was in a 'good period' so didn't bother me. Eventually I kept getting missed phone calls offering me time slots (due to them calling when i was at work, and me not having my phone on my person at work), and when i returned the call the slot had been given away. I tried to arrange by email that any slot that came up within 'x' miles, during 'y' times would be fine and to go ahead and put me down without calling me, but they insisted they had to speak to me in person to book therapy because 'procedure'.

After 4 months they finally called me during a lunch break and got hold of me, arrange weekly sessions fucking miles away, but better than nothing. With the rule that due to high demand if you miss 2 sessions the course is cancelled and place offered to someone else. The day offered already clashed with a walking holiday I'd booked and paid for to spend time with my dad, I told them this before accepting but they said it would have to count as a missed session (despite 3 weeks notice :S ), and then the next session I got a chain jam cycling en-route which snapped my chain. Due to the distance and me being basically in the middle of the countryside at the time there was no way to get there on time even if i called a taxi, plus had a 4 mile walk home.

Am now blacklisted for 6 months after missing both of my first 2 sessions, and the depression cycle has kicked in again. frustrating as fuck. I bear no particular ill will to the people providing the service, i know how thinly stretched resources are, it's just made it personally relevant to me how underfunded everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    I saw a doctor about 6 months ago regarding my depression, it comes and goes in phases and at the time was feeling great (typical that i'll only seek help for depression when i'm not feeling depressed :P). Doctor recommended CBT, and referred me to a local organisation which is was good, was interested to see if it would help. Organisation had a 6 week waiting list, fair enough, i know resources are stretched and was in a 'good period' so didn't bother me. Eventually I kept getting missed phone calls offering me time slots (due to them calling when i was at work, and me not having my phone on my person at work), and when i returned the call the slot had been given away. I tried to arrange by email that any slot that came up within 'x' miles, during 'y' times would be fine and to go ahead and put me down without calling me, but they insisted they had to speak to me in person to book therapy because 'procedure'.

After 4 months they finally called me during a lunch break and got hold of me, arrange weekly sessions fucking miles away, but better than nothing. With the rule that due to high demand if you miss 2 sessions the course is cancelled and place offered to someone else. The day offered already clashed with a walking holiday I'd booked and paid for to spend time with my dad, I told them this before accepting but they said it would have to count as a missed session (despite 3 weeks notice :S ), and then the next session I got a chain jam cycling en-route which snapped my chain. Due to the distance and me being basically in the middle of the countryside at the time there was no way to get there on time even if i called a taxi, plus had a 4 mile walk home.

Am now blacklisted for 6 months after missing both of my first 2 sessions, and the depression cycle has kicked in again. frustrating as fuck. I bear no particular ill will to the people providing the service, i know how thinly stretched resources are, it's just made it personally relevant to me how underfunded everything is.
    Go private. I did, after a similar run around routine from government lead schemes and NHS rubbish. Took a while to find a suitable private psychotherapist, but no regrets at all. Had appointments every 10 days or so for about 1.5-2 years. Not had an appointment now for over two years, haven't felt the need for any and no meds in probably about 2.5 years.

It may seem expensive at first, but most are quite accommodating with money payment. Mine would always ask if I was struggling to pay. YMMV

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    When you think about it, although it seems quite expensive it's basically the single best investment of your money possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    When you think about it, although it seems quite expensive it's basically the single best investment of your money possible.
    P much this.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Need to have money in the first place to invest it though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bought a big ugly fucker of a SAD lamp. Will report on how this slows down or reverses the slide back into depression.

It werks.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Go private...
    So I let the idea sit in my head for a few weeks and it's still there (my go to method for determining whether something is worthwhile :P), so how do you go about it? GP referral? I googled for what's available in my area, but it would just be a shot in the dark regarding quality/relevance.