hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 178 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3602

Thread: The Serious Mental Health Thread

oh dear, i feel like a zombie

a week ago i went back to some old habits (namely: playing planetside) and shit, i must have played like 30hours in the last 3 days. all the motivation/energy i had a few weeks ago seems to have vanished, instead of "hey, i could do <insert something i wanted to give a try>" i'm now mostly in the state of "don't bother me. i want to OHK some guys with my AP lightning!" (yes, that specific o_O).

it's a self-perpetuating state of exhaustion - i ignored my plans on doing exercises and treating myself well (e.g. by cooking some healthy meals instead of ordering pizza). unsurprisingly i felt quite some reluctance today when waking up and thinking about all the things happening this week. meh.

at least i was smart enough to uninstall steam as one of the first things this morning, vowing to myself to not touch it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post

a week ago i went back to some old habits (namely: playing planetside) and shit, i must have played like 30hours in the last 3 days. all the motivation/energy i had a few weeks ago seems to have vanished, instead of "hey, i could do <insert something i wanted to give a try>" i'm now mostly in the state of "don't bother me. i want to OHK some guys with my AP lightning!" (yes, that specific o_O).

it's a self-perpetuating state of exhaustion - i ignored my plans on doing exercises and treating myself well (e.g. by cooking some healthy meals instead of ordering pizza). unsurprisingly i felt quite some reluctance today when waking up and thinking about all the things happening this week. meh.

at least i was smart enough to uninstall steam as one of the first things this morning, vowing to myself to not touch it in a while.
    chill get together at my place planned for the 25th with lots of (finger)food, you are hereby invited (not 100% fixed, will sms you when it is)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Computer games seem to be like kerosene for the mental health bonfire in my experience. I can literally chart my mood from how many hours I'm playing.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post

chill get together at my place planned for the 25th with lots of (finger)food, you are hereby invited (not 100% fixed, will sms you when it is)
    thanks! looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Computer games seem to be like kerosene for the mental health bonfire in my experience. I can literally chart my mood from how many hours I'm playing.
    yeah, i know this situation quite well. nothing beats a hectic video game when it comes to suppressing not-so-nice feelings. >_<

this time it was a bit different. i installed it out of nostalgia, thinking "what could possibly happen? it's just a game. i should be able to play it in moderation." what i forgot in this instance - a few years ago i played it excessively (more than 500h over a few months o_O), practically using it to numb myself from my depression. well, after several hundred hours gaming not only you keep your muscle memory, but also (subconscious) patterns. today i actually was quite surprised how cranky i was over the weekend and how annoyed i felt after waking up today, repeating patterns from back then.

realizing this over the day and also talking in the therapy about it, makes me quite optimistic for it to stay as a hiccup.
    Last edited by untilted; February 13 2017 at 01:54:31 PM.

ahhh yes obsessively playing various editions of the Settlers......so sweet. Mind focused on getting that weapons chain setup just right to get lvl3 swordsman. Its bliss tbh.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    I am struggling today (tueday thread didnt help :s) its hard to explain how i am feeling other than "down" but if you ahve been drinking or smoking and then you get that fuzzy buzzing sensation its like that but not in a good way is the closest i can get to explaining it.
    I have decided to go to work today rather than wallowing at home.

Banned
    Sounds like you're playing the wrong games tbqh

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ahhh yes obsessively playing various editions of the Settlers......so sweet. Mind focused on getting that weapons chain setup just right to get lvl3 swordsman. Its bliss tbh.
    oh fuck i loved the settlers back in the days of PCgamer shipping with demo cd's

Hello people, long time no see my old darkness.

I do need help, especially from finnish people regarding a "humitarian" reason if i'm to be all PC and stuff.

A friend of mine, LGBT, is in Finland. This person has gone through attempted murders, attempted burning her, violence and beatings and constant bullying from the government, especially doctors and the like in Venezuela. She escaped from there to Turkey then went to Finland and applied for asylum and now they're denying it. What can she do to get help? She has nowhere to go and she is afraid that if she goes back to venezuela, she will be killed. She does have evidence of the beatings and I don't know what to do.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Marriage of convenience?

Only 50% joking
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post

I do need help, especially from finnish people regarding a "humitarian" reason if i'm to be all PC and stuff.

A friend of mine, LGBT, is in Finland. This person has gone through attempted murders, attempted burning her, violence and beatings and constant bullying from the government, especially doctors and the like in Venezuela. She escaped from there to Turkey then went to Finland and applied for asylum and now they're denying it. What can she do to get help? She has nowhere to go and she is afraid that if she goes back to venezuela, she will be killed. She does have evidence of the beatings and I don't know what to do.
    Get a local interest group/NGO/etc. with you on the case if you haven't already; consult a free legal advice service; don't shoulder this alone as a non-professional.

Also curious, how do you know each other if this person is from Venezuela, then was in Turkey and now is in Finland? Have you ever met in person?
    Last edited by FatFreddy; February 26 2017 at 04:03:54 PM.

Get a local interest group/NGO/etc. with you on the case if you haven't already; consult a free legal advice service; don't shoulder this alone as a non-professional.

Also curious, how do you know each other if this person is from Venezuela, then was in Turkey and now is in Finland? Have you ever met in person?
    Yea once but i'll look those up
    [marquee][/marquee]

Tread carefully tbh if you don't know the person well, don't go full samaritan. Speaking from personal experience.

Also, standard procedure with a rejected asylum application would be to GET LEGAL HELP, appeal the rejection (should/could be possible) and, with professional or at least semi-professional help, prolong the process as long as possible, go through all legal instances to at least prolong your temporary stay in a safe location until a solution emerges.

It is actually very tough for EU countries to 'get rid of' asylum applicants again if they are already in the country, don't commit a crime and adhere to legal procedure.

Also persecution due to sexual orientation is one of those cases you could even try to get in front of the ECHR if the person wants to go all the way.

If have some (but not much) volunteer experience with helping asylum applicants, feel free to PM me if you think I can be of any help regarding basic formalities regarding asylum in EU countries. Obviously can't tell you anything for Finland and can't give any remotely qualified legal advice.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; February 26 2017 at 04:24:39 PM.

Tread carefully tbh if you don't know the person well, don't go full samaritan. Speaking from personal experience.

Also, standard procedure with a rejected asylum application would be to GET LEGAL HELP, appeal the rejection (should/could be possible) and, with professional or at least semi-professional help, prolong the process as long as possible, go through all legal instances to at least prolong your temporary stay in a safe location until a solution emerges.

It is actually very tough for EU countries to 'get rid of' asylum applicants again if they are already in the country, don't commit a crime and adhere to legal procedure.

Also persecution due to sexual orientation is one of those cases you could even try to get in front of the ECHR if the person wants to go all the way.

If have some (but not much) volunteer experience with helping asylum applicants, feel free to PM me if you think I can be of any help regarding basic formalities regarding asylum in EU countries. Obviously can't tell you anything for Finland and can't give any remotely qualified legal advice.
    I can trust her well enough to know she's not IS or some other malevonant person. I am not giving her money or my home for her to stay in, i want to help her get a chance.

Shes going to court, yeah. But her lawyer says she has no chance and the refugee center is treating her like she'll get kicked out, she told me that when she landed they refused to let her go to the hospital to get medical assistance re: meds and LGBT stuff insisting she goes through their nurse who believed she does not warrant LGBT treatment. I'll mention all those things.

I'll PM you the story she sent them.
    [marquee][/marquee]

I can trust her well enough to know she's not IS or some other malevonant person. I am not giving her money or my home for her to stay in, i want to help her get a chance.

Shes going to court, yeah. But her lawyer says she has no chance and the refugee center is treating her like she'll get kicked out, she told me that when she landed they refused to let her go to the hospital to get medical assistance re: meds and LGBT stuff insisting she goes through their nurse who believed she does not warrant LGBT treatment. I'll mention all those things.

Idgi tbh, if the lawyers say she has no chance, wtf is actually happening there? I mean either he's retarded or she's mischievous (or appears to be so). Leaving aside the LGBT thing and focusing on the fact that she's at very high risk to be abused or even killed if she returns home... Still no chance?

Hope it gets solved, however I hope you're doing better. You still haven't said how you met this person, by the way, which makes me think you are somehow a bit too involved in the story for you to maintain objectivity. Hope it works out for the better though.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

maybe an LGBT rights group like SETA can help? http://seta.fi/services-and-support/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Idgi tbh, if the lawyers say she has no chance, wtf is actually happening there? I mean either he's retarded or she's mischievous (or appears to be so). Leaving aside the LGBT thing and focusing on the fact that she's at very high risk to be abused or even killed if she returns home... Still no chance?

Hope it gets solved, however I hope you're doing better. You still haven't said how you met this person, by the way, which makes me think you are somehow a bit too involved in the story for you to maintain objectivity. Hope it works out for the better though.
    Probably a Rizon sex dungeon for deviants/otherkin

GL though LobbyZ
    Last edited by UsernameisValidandNotinUs; March 2 2017 at 01:06:46 PM.

Replied to your PM; got nothing more worthwhile to add though (sadly); & don't neglect your own well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Heya, i'm doing good actually. Been spending my months just repaying every debt I have, irl and online ones. I'm getting this too;

Very soon so i'm excited about that. Life otherwise is doing good, I feel much better mentally, I feel able to reach out to people and you know, not worry about puking all over the place. I'm still on the medicine as before but other then that,. nothing else happening. Just living day by day finding reasons to keep being awake.
    [marquee][/marquee]