hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181
Results 3,601 to 3,618 of 3618

Thread: The Serious Mental Health Thread

shit, gonna be a crap 2 weeks
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    shit, gonna be a crap 2 weeks
    More like he'll mostly likely run away to Türkei again, this time without making the mistake of traveling to Germany.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    so went to the trial, said my stuff etc

find out he was let go pending the judgement in 2 weeks
    they havnt learned a single thing

sigh
    Are they actually retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    so went to the trial, said my stuff etc

find out he was let go pending the judgement in 2 weeks
    they havnt learned a single thing

sigh
    Are they actually retarded?
    Probably. I mean he has nothing here left in sweden so I dunno where they're keeping him or just dumped h im in the streets but it has made me not want to go out
    [marquee][/marquee]

So, asking for a friend etc. Can psychological factors (depression, stress) cause severe physiological (? No idea, just throwing words out) side effects like full blown sickness?
    Let's say someone suddenly starts getting coughing attacks when talking and.. Brace yourselves, whenever he tries to eat something that shit starts again and gets so severe that he has trouble breathing and even throws up?

It's borderline surreal but as real as it gets. Docs can't find the issue, more appointments lined up but damn, shit is serious (not being able to eat and no medicaments helping, for weeks) :/

Edit: if someone can recommend a serious mood lamp (that is suitable for proper medical treatment, not some nice cozy lamp), I would be grateful.
    Last edited by Tyrehl; September 2 2017 at 09:22:39 PM.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    So, asking for a friend etc. Can psychological factors (depression, stress) cause severe physiological (? No idea, just throwing words out) side effects like full blown sickness?
    Let's say someone suddenly starts getting coughing attacks when talking and.. Brace yourselves, whenever he tries to eat something that shit starts again and gets so severe that he has trouble breathing and even throws up?

It's borderline surreal but as real as it gets. Docs can't find the issue, more appointments lined up but damn, shit is serious (not being able to eat and no medicaments helping, for weeks) :/

Edit: if someone can recommend a serious mood lamp (that is suitable for proper medical treatment, not some nice cozy lamp), I would be grateful.
    Yes, they can. It's quite interesting that it can cause physical issues (tachycardia, tachypnea, nausea, vomiting, fainting), but bloods don't usually show anything bad. What helps is genuinely being there for them and if it shit gets real (i.e. dehydration or malnutrition), get the ambulance. Not a lot more you can do, really.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Yes, they can. It's quite interesting that it can cause physical issues (tachycardia, tachypnea, nausea, vomiting, fainting), but bloods don't usually show anything bad. What helps is genuinely being there for them and if it shit gets real (i.e. dehydration or malnutrition), get the ambulance. Not a lot more you can do, really.
    Aha I see. Sadly she doesnt want to see anyone or talk to others, just stays in her room most of the time and wouldnt even talk too much to her mother (who is now staying at her place). Occasionally she feels like talking to someone, starts a conversation with her mom and a minute later the coughing appears.
    At least I think that she feels that she doesnt want to be alone, when her mother goes out she eventually calls her to ask where she is. But then it all goes to normal - stays in her room, door shut and her mother is in the living room

I know its not my business to butt in but im afraid for her. I cannot imagine how fragile she is having not eaten anything for so long. If its a psychological issue thats causing it, I dont know how you can get out of this state. Can she even take say antidepressants if her doctor were to prescribe her something? I mean if you cant accept any food, pills would be even worse

Edit: not saying thats the cause of all the issues, but its probably a factor (and is something that should've been dealt with on time :/ ).
    Last edited by Tyrehl; September 3 2017 at 04:42:30 PM.
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

An acquaintance of mine tended to get ill after she started working and worrying herself too much. It recently ended up in her getting appendix inflamed. i personally after telling her a couple of times to start taking it easy just extracted myself out of the entire situation. no point in trying to advise people who wont take your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    An acquaintance of mine tended to get ill after she started working and worrying herself too much. It recently ended up in her getting appendix inflamed. i personally after telling her a couple of times to start taking it easy just extracted myself out of the entire situation. no point in trying to advise people who wont take your advice.
    Someone very close to me had a similar issue - constantly worrying, nervous before interviews, nervous at work, stressed in all kinds of situations. Finally after years of having a shit time and all parts of the body starting to throw a fit she went to the doctor and started getting light anti-depressants. Turns out another several friends/colleagues (that she knows of) had the same issue and one of them ended up helping her.

And idk man, no amount of "dont worry", "it will be fine", "dont stress it" and what not helped. Its just how it is when you have deeper issues than you think and you ignore them for too long.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Ill fuck with it after dinner etc rami.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Idiots.

Tapapapatalk
    [Img]https://www.ign.com/app/473690/absolver/[/url] tapapapatalk.

Aha I see. Sadly she doesnt want to see anyone or talk to others, just stays in her room most of the time and wouldnt even talk too much to her mother (who is now staying at her place). Occasionally she feels like talking to someone, starts a conversation with her mom and a minute later the coughing appears.
    At least I think that she feels that she doesnt want to be alone, when her mother goes out she eventually calls her to ask where she is. But then it all goes to normal - stays in her room, door shut and her mother is in the living room

I know its not my business to butt in but im afraid for her. I cannot imagine how fragile she is having not eaten anything for so long. If its a psychological issue thats causing it, I dont know how you can get out of this state. Can she even take say antidepressants if her doctor were to prescribe her something? I mean if you cant accept any food, pills would be even worse

Edit: not saying thats the cause of all the issues, but its probably a factor (and is something that should've been dealt with on time :/ ).
    This sounds very familiar to me and you are of course right to worry about her. I also don't think that pills will fix it, at least not on their own. Thing is, not going out puts you in a downwards spiral and it doesn't tend to end well. It is also quite risky for the people who tend to get involved - like you, in this instance.

Basically what you can do is somehow force her outside - either by getting her and her mother outside for idk a meal or something and a walk. Don't force serious food, take them out for ice cream for example, or cake. This usually helps the brain regardless of the state you're in, it forces it to secrete some of the good stuffs. Try to not emphasise any of the issues whilst out -> just hang out. Repeat a few times. Talk to her in private as well, see what makes her tick, encourage her to engage with her hobbies.

Depends a lot on what your relationship with her is. I will be quite blunt and honest, if it's a romantic interest it can go tits up in the most retarded way possible. If you want just to be a friend for her it depends a lot on how much a friend you are available to be. Because if you have your own stuff to attend to, something like this can take a lot of your time.

Of course, push for her seeing a therapist, but don't be obvious. Wait for a convenient time to place the question "have you thought about talking to a professional about this?", usually if/when she'll open up to you, let he speak and then pop the question. Motivate your asking with "I'm not a professional and this seems quite difficult/complicated/complex".

What you are describing here happened to me and it took me two years of sustained efforts to help and in the end I got dumpsterised, reminding me on how the first Fallout game ended At least she is in a much better state than when I met her, but 2 years of one's life is a steep price to pay once you draw the line. So think well. I think you're in a better place to help, a less hands on approach would be to talk to her mother and express your concerns and ask her to push for the daughter to see a professional - sometimes parents can get it done just by firmly asking - but the professional chosen is quite crucial to be a very good one. It helps to do this privately as well, albeit it's a lot more expensive.

I wish you all the best and hope it works out ok.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Someone very close to me had a similar issue - constantly worrying, nervous before interviews, nervous at work, stressed in all kinds of situations. Finally after years of having a shit time and all parts of the body starting to throw a fit she went to the doctor and started getting light anti-depressants. Turns out another several friends/colleagues (that she knows of) had the same issue and one of them ended up helping her.

And idk man, no amount of "dont worry", "it will be fine", "dont stress it" and what not helped. Its just how it is when you have deeper issues than you think and you ignore them for too long.
    Meh it wasnt that in this case. Its literally stress of overworking affecting physical health. If you dont take it easy you will feel it later on. Some people are more prone to complications some less. She is more. Thats why I literally said she needs to start working less or it will come and bite her in the ass. Sadly it did and sooner than I thought. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. I somewhat doubt it tho.

This sounds very familiar to me and you are of course right to worry about her. I also don't think that pills will fix it, at least not on their own. Thing is, not going out puts you in a downwards spiral and it doesn't tend to end well. It is also quite risky for the people who tend to get involved - like you, in this instance.

Basically what you can do is somehow force her outside - either by getting her and her mother outside for idk a meal or something and a walk. Don't force serious food, take them out for ice cream for example, or cake. This usually helps the brain regardless of the state you're in, it forces it to secrete some of the good stuffs. Try to not emphasise any of the issues whilst out -> just hang out. Repeat a few times. Talk to her in private as well, see what makes her tick, encourage her to engage with her hobbies.

Depends a lot on what your relationship with her is. I will be quite blunt and honest, if it's a romantic interest it can go tits up in the most retarded way possible. If you want just to be a friend for her it depends a lot on how much a friend you are available to be. Because if you have your own stuff to attend to, something like this can take a lot of your time.

Of course, push for her seeing a therapist, but don't be obvious. Wait for a convenient time to place the question "have you thought about talking to a professional about this?", usually if/when she'll open up to you, let he speak and then pop the question. Motivate your asking with "I'm not a professional and this seems quite difficult/complicated/complex".

What you are describing here happened to me and it took me two years of sustained efforts to help and in the end I got dumpsterised, reminding me on how the first Fallout game ended At least she is in a much better state than when I met her, but 2 years of one's life is a steep price to pay once you draw the line. So think well. I think you're in a better place to help, a less hands on approach would be to talk to her mother and express your concerns and ask her to push for the daughter to see a professional - sometimes parents can get it done just by firmly asking - but the professional chosen is quite crucial to be a very good one. It helps to do this privately as well, albeit it's a lot more expensive.

I wish you all the best and hope it works out ok.
    Basically this. Its incredible to try.

CBT

So since my break up I haven't been able to sleep properly. This is on a background of usually fucked up sleep schedules due to night shifts and long days, but lately it's become unbearable.

At work I'm a zombie and at home I can't seem to fall asleep so I don't oversleep the next day.

I wouldn't be concerned but last week one day I wasn't able to wake up for work. Luckily there were enough colleagues as to not worry and I've put it on the cocked up schedule due to a short notice night I offered to do, but I'm afraid it runs deeper than that.

I tried meditating, tea, cocoa, reading (can't focus for shit more than 30 minutes, I used to be able to read for hours), hobbies (turns into OCD guitar play or detail obsessed model building or all achievements gaming. None of these are good for me because they fuck up my time massively and I'm already behind on paperwork it isn't even funny anymore.

Didn't try gym yet because I have awful back pains lately and my left leg is fucked up (calf and foot), so I'm at a loss. Tried ambient lighting with warm colours and f.lux shenanigans, not playing with my phone in bed, I just can't get to sleep. I eventually pass out on the sofa and comasleep and wake up in bed not remembering how I got there.

I also managed to resurface grief that I haven't properly processed priorly at the time like some deaths in my family so atm I'm feeling a bit of a wreck doing escapist stuff and being torpedoed from all sides and trying to get rid of the excess flooding by employing a teaspoon.

I don't really want to go back to therapy since I've already been discharged with the conclusion that I'm ok (and I am, just lately I can't sleep lel), plus I feel like if I had a few weeks off I could get a hold on stuff. I do have it programmed soon, but have parents visiting so it isn't really me time so vOv.

I don't do pills, weed, alcohol because I feel it'd be a slippery slope and I don't want to go there.

It's probably all the more disheartening that she's worse lately but will not reach out to me and I don't have anyone to reach out to either. I'm also aware I've put myself in this position fully knowing it may go sideways and was slightly under prepared to deal with the fallout.

I do feel I've made progress on a lot of stuff since when I started therapy I wasn't even able to enjoy my hobbies, which had turned into a moderate enthusiasm. I enjoy rain and nature again and I'm less grumpy and more prone to smiling. I feel there's a lot of toxic influence I've removed from my life but at the same time it left me almost friendless. I've also been working on mastering the art of being assertive, which helped immensely with the above, but left me with a bitter taste regarding humans in general and friends in particular.

Will try a beer today and see if it helps, I doubt I'll become an alcoholic with just one beer

This was more letting off steam than anything else, but will appreciate any suggestions ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    CBT
    [Video=youtube;hd_mhmapoqg[/video] get your cbt keys here, [url="https://www.youtube.com/b056b7d5442fd98880cf3959c4b0ebf.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...