hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185
Results 3,681 to 3,694 of 3694

Thread: The Serious Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    When we really want it to work there's no lenghts we won't go to and no things we won't cling to, unfortunately the other side needs to consider, appreciate and acknowledge this, as well as take action. Unfortunately, most people don't - and it is not the fault of the disorder they're struggling with. I feel there's a lot of that stuff going around, "oh I have BPD or bipolar or <insert personality disorder or issues here>, thus I'm entitled to act like a cunt". No, mate, it isn't a get out of jail free card, I can understand there are issues, but at the end of the day it has more to do with the person you are.

And some will say "yeah but because it's a PD, that is who they are". Wrong. There are clear DSM criteria for diagnosis and none of them state "you're an all around cunt"
    Ran into her today and she is not in a good place, basically accused me of saying all sorts of shit about her son and him feeling as if I threatened him for months when its the exact opposite of what happened. She is obviosuly ill at the moment but fuck all I can do to reason with or help her. Didnt leave on very good terms this time as I basically told her unless she sorts her son out she will never be happy but didnt close the door on her contacting me. Fuck me life is a mess

I get that living with mental health issues or having a major psychiatric disorder can be fucking hard, and at times daunting (source: I'm bipolar). But a lot of people with these issues and disorders need to take some responsibility and try to get some help. Maybe particularly people living with bipolar. You're not constantly in an episode, so not all of your problems are caused by the disorder, nor are they incurable. And having a disorder doesn't absolve you or give you the right to act like an asshole. Sure, when manic you do a lot of fucking stupid things and bridges are burned. It might not be your fault, but it's still your responsibility. If you're bipolar and do speed, you can't exactly complain that mania ruined all your relationships and your economy is a mess. No shit Sherlock. Get help, start dealing with the fact that you have a serious disorder and act accordingly. /rant. (Edit: Yes, looking back on some of my own posts I know that I've done much of the above...)
    Last edited by morpheps; October 3 2019 at 01:34:40 PM.

Hi.

Long time no see.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Still alive so thats a good thing <3
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    I get that living with mental health issues or having a major psychiatric disorder can be fucking hard, and at times daunting (source: I'm bipolar). But a lot of people with these issues and disorders need to take some responsibility and try to get some help. Maybe particularly people living with bipolar. You're not constantly in an episode, so not all of your problems are caused by the disorder, nor are they incurable. And having a disorder doesn't absolve you or give you the right to act like an asshole. Sure, when manic you do a lot of fucking stupid things and bridges are burned. It might not be your fault, but it's still your responsibility. If you're bipolar and do speed, you can't exactly complain that mania ruined all your relationships and your economy is a mess. No shit Sherlock. Get help, start dealing with the fact that you have a serious disorder and act accordingly. /rant. (Edit: Yes, looking back on some of my own posts I know that I've done much of the above...)
    I actually give recovery courses to psych patients and while you are completely right this isnt a thing for what >90% manage to do until (semi-)stable. Most need a bit of training or re-conditioning (frowned upon word but thats what it is).
    I am Bipolar and did insane shit at my low points. Meds and therapy got me stable enough to actually be able to take a step back and reflect.
    Just to be able to take a time out when i was in a hyper fase and locking the door instead of going out was a huge step for me in not making any more 'broken vases'.

Altho i believe less pills are better for me they were what actually helped me long enough to get my shit together. Nowadays i find a mania easier to deal with than a depression.

(venting a bit aswell as reactiong to you morph)
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Bipolar lady keeps reaching out and then kicking me away, I know she is not doing to well at the moment but this is driving me off the edge very quickly. I have tried blocking her on everything but unforutnatly we work in the same place so it is impossible to avoid her 2 days a week.

Really not sure where I stand as one minute I am the evil bastard from hell the next she wants to talk to me as normal although it appears doesnt want to get back with me not 100% sure on that thugh as the signs are mixed. Is this a sign of her being in a biploar episode and how do I get her the help she needs when I am being locked out ? I have her daughetrs number but thats a last resort to contact her.

TBH im in a real mess at the moment and reaching for some help or guidance on what to do here from those that have experience of this illness

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Of course, i'd tell you if I wasn't alive. I'm doing good, moved and got a new cat and generally feel much better now mentally. Still steps to take but its good. How's you?
    [marquee][/marquee]

good to hear m8 :brofist:
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Of course, i'd tell you if I wasn't alive. I'm doing good, moved and got a new cat and generally feel much better now mentally. Still steps to take but its good. How's you?
    Good, stable, just once a year psych evaluation and one psychiatrist medicine update talk (insurance required). Finished my psych degree in july (needed to further my career). Gf who is pretty chil.
    I want a cat, keep postponing that.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Good, stable, just once a year psych evaluation and one psychiatrist medicine update talk (insurance required). Finished my psych degree in july (needed to further my career). Gf who is pretty chil.
    I want a cat, keep postponing that.
    That's good man. I both hate and adore my cat as shes a endless source of fluffy joy but also a mean asshole that never stops cuddling up to me. Sometimes annoying, sometimes aww.

Here she be

[marquee][/marquee]

Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Holy shit dude. Welcome back.

Edit: Nooooooooope
    Last edited by Phrixus Zephyr; October 30 2019 at 11:14:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Hey bud. How's it? are you on discord or something?
    [marquee][/marquee]

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Hi.

Long time no see.
    Sup?
    Hey bud. How's it? are you on discord or something?
    I am.