hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LoL - AD Carry (RANGED NOT MELEE FAGS)

Just had a skinned MF build +3 boots and go 65 cs by 31 minutes. Went fucking gung ho with vayne, no prisoners, 11/6 tower diving like a crazy person.

ok so for the last 5 days or so ive played nothing but ad carry in soloq ranked (except 1 udyr game) so now im a master of elo hell ad carry heres some things ive learned.

play vayne and graves. if you cant get either of them play cait. fuck all the other ad carries if you actually want to win without having to rely on some random retard playing support to actually do stuff.

best build seems to be double dorans blade > bloodthirster > phantom dancer > qss/black cleaver. iedge is too expensive. basically for the same cost you can have black cleaver AND qss.

take cleanse/flash. exhaust is not worth it.

dont build +3 boots you retard.

play passively in lane. you win by farming, not by trying to kill the other guy.

dont go chasing off around the map looking for kills or trying to help your retarded team until you have the bloodthirster and phantom dancer. if theyre all trying to fight 4v5 before that then fuck em, farm bot. also if you kill the other teams bottom tower, dont then think hey guys i won my lane and leave. stay there, farm more, dont let their carry farm.

dont play ezreal.

this really works in low elo. also just ask for ad carry in champ select. it seems like noone actually wants this role, so even youre last pick theyll probably let you have it. note i said ask, dont demand it. people actually respond better to that. in those 5 or so days i think ive probably won about 70/80% of the games ive played, which is pretty good. some teams just arnt carry-able but those games aside, this wins games. also in that whole time ive lost lane twice, and one of those was a game we won anyway. people at low elo are mechanically terrible for the mostpart, especially as most dont want to play ad carry, they cant farm for shit, cant position for shit, have no tactical clue how to win the lane. this makes it really fuckin easy.

dont play miss fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    ok so for the last 5 days or so ive played nothing but ad carry in soloq ranked (except 1 udyr game) so now im a master of elo hell ad carry heres some things ive learned.

play vayne and graves. if you cant get either of them play cait. fuck all the other ad carries if you actually want to win without having to rely on some random retard playing support to actually do stuff.

best build seems to be double dorans blade > bloodthirster > phantom dancer > qss/black cleaver. iedge is too expensive. basically for the same cost you can have black cleaver AND qss.

take cleanse/flash. exhaust is not worth it.

dont build +3 boots you retard.

play passively in lane. you win by farming, not by trying to kill the other guy.

dont go chasing off around the map looking for kills or trying to help your retarded team until you have the bloodthirster and phantom dancer. if theyre all trying to fight 4v5 before that then fuck em, farm bot. also if you kill the other teams bottom tower, dont then think hey guys i won my lane and leave. stay there, farm more, dont let their carry farm.

dont play ezreal.

this really works in low elo. also just ask for ad carry in champ select. it seems like noone actually wants this role, so even youre last pick theyll probably let you have it. note i said ask, dont demand it. people actually respond better to that. in those 5 or so days i think ive probably won about 70/80% of the games ive played, which is pretty good. some teams just arnt carry-able but those games aside, this wins games. also in that whole time ive lost lane twice, and one of those was a game we won anyway. people at low elo are mechanically terrible for the mostpart, especially as most dont want to play ad carry, they cant farm for shit, cant position for shit, have no tactical clue how to win the lane. this makes it really fuckin easy.

dont play miss fortune.
    serious brofist.

also a few things: tell your support which fucking support you want,
    dont let them ever pick taric

use berserker greaves

farm gently and slowly and let the wave push to your tower. if you know their jungle is nowhere to be seen on bottom, the occasional tumble shot harass at their AD carry usually results in you having the advantage

Nice post edna, agree mostly. In the case you play cait then IE>BT, or she does no dmg. BT better for vayne and graves, as you wrote. QSS is awesome, black cleaver is shit. Get last whisper or iedge. ( A bf sword alone is almost as much damage as a cleaver.)

I need to try Vayne properly. At the moment I am only really any good with Caitlyn - although I do really enjoy her.

I would add tristana to that lineup, her steroid is just too good. Dunno, maybe even corki. Black cleaver is not a very good item tbh. It does only work when enemies build almost no armor. Around 100 armor LW is better. If they got lower armor you are tearing them apart anyway - doesn't matter if you crit them for 900 or 700, they die anyway in 3 seconds. Black Cleaver would work okish on vayne as she is mobile enough to actually hit squishies - you need lifesteal on her so badly though, to stay alive, that it makes building it next to impossible. Usually worth buying only when you raping them early hard.

At lower hell supports are being played exclusively by 5th picks or ones who got no choice as to play them. This means they suck hard and even though usually you could expect one to help you, you can't rely on them with your picks. Ask Edna about our last game - i was tristana with glorious alistar to help me against vayne soraka. He showed twice in my lane for like 30sec each. This is why caitlyn is top hell elo pick as for me. She can harass, poke, and farm like mad without any help from lvl 1. Just assume enemy graves or enemy vayne got no support and nor you have one and you should see that huge advantage. And if your support is dumb enough not to buy even one ward you can always trap bushes for a bit of defense.

Oh as for support choice. I hate to force players into uncomfortable zone for them. It makes them play even more shitty. I always ask what support they can do well or like playing and i pick from what i receive. I always try to explain them before game how to play our lane with phrases like "shit, they got strong early, play passive till 6" or "stay in bush and just poke, we got better laning" or "no leona is not shit support, ward their bush instantly or we are fucked up".
    Last edited by Voulture; January 7 2012 at 08:46:42 AM.

oh yeah thats a good point.

assume your support is a retard but be nice to them about it.

i think this is quite important. ill always ask for sona or soraka as theyre hard to really mess up with, but if they pick other ones i wont rage at them. at the start of the game like voult says i tell my support the basic plan (play safe, farm, we are stronger late) and ask them to ward the lane bush if they dont do it automatically. but basically be nice to your support and theyre more likely to do what you ask them to. when they fuck up explain what to do next time rather than rage, when it goes well say "gj" and refer to your crushing the lane as "we" rather than "i". make them feel good and theyll eat your shit and do as theyre told.

Ask them to play soraka, no soraka can ever make a play until you do and all they have to do is press W/E every so often.

A note to prospective vayne players, from my experience, don't try and trade early unless you have Soraka and even then I still wouldn't, Vayne's laning is so painful that if you take too much damage early on and can't get healed back up you are instantly zoned because your range is so bad. Graves is a worst because his burst is ridiculous.

Vayne is seriously just broken, if she is open play her, no reason not to

MY KOGMAW WAS EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING

BERSERKER GRAVES
    BLOODRAZOR
    MALADY
    FROZEN MALLET
    PHANTOM DANCER
    IONIC SPARK

content : why do people not like frozen mallet on ranged ad's. it means that you have some health and you own the shit out of things with red.
    No longer Deleting all your posts erryday due to butthurt
    usually pink or pinkest flamingo in other games

FREE NYAN CAT
    JUSTICE FOR AMANTU
    http://eve.enviroweb.org/

Simple BC versus LW calculation:
    Code:
                                            Armor Values
    	penetration 		50	75	100	125	150	175	200

absolute     leftover%
    	21	        90%	26.1	48.6	71.1	93.6	116.1	138.6	161.1
    LW	21	        54%	15.66	29.16	42.66	56.16	69.66	83.16	96.66
    BC	66	        90%	-16	8.1	30.6	53.1	75.6	98.1	120.6
    This is considering 21 armor penetration from runes and masteries and the 10% mastery in offense.
    BC has more damage AND attackspeed, so LW starts getting more interesting only at above 150 armor on the enemy. Also consider ASPD for Vaynes proc. Furthermore, the BC debuff works for your whole team, boosting focus damage even higher.

BC on Vayne all the way.

LW only if your skills benefit from it.
    Last edited by Blutreiter; January 19 2012 at 01:06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Problem is it's really not hard for a team to get three/four champs with 150 armour, given that there are 4 or 5 armour items that give +80 or more.

Cleaver also takes time to stack, and if Vayne's applied the three stacks and hasn't killed someone she's doing something very, very wrong.

why do people not like frozen mallet on ranged ad's. it means that you have some health and you own the shit out of things with red
    For the following reasons:

1) It's expensive, and I mean seriously expensive. Massive combine cost too.
    2) 700 health is nothing without something else to back it up, it's one AD carry rightclick/caster spell come level 18.
    3) You're the AD carry, you should monopolize red buff, making the slow less important (note less important)
    4) Seriously it's worthless as tank item without other tank items and worthless as an AD item
    5) Build QSS. Still getting focused/your team sucks at protecting you/enemies got hardon for you? Build GA.

Fyi PRO AS FUCK Koggles build is something like:

Madreds/Zerkers/Iedge/PD/QSS/Something else fuck it who cares second iedge srsly if people take longer than .5 sec to die you're pretty fucked. Grab vamp scepter if you ever need it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

played graves for first time since patch, the 'nerf' has done literally nothing

Same with Vayne. But yeah Graves can still kill anyone he feels like, just can't do it quite so often anymore.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Cleaver also takes time to stack, and if Vayne's applied the three stacks and hasn't killed someone she's doing something very, very wrong.
    Three autoattacks is not a kill, even for Vayne.
    "Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."

Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    Herschel Yamamoto is owning in this thread.

Except it very frequently is, or it leaves someone so near to death that the next one will kill them. In which case it wasn't worth applying those three stacks. And anyone that isn't going to die in 3-6 auto attacks will have enough armour that Last Whisper will apply more damage to them than Black Cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Except it very frequently is, or it leaves someone so near to death that the next one will kill them. In which case it wasn't worth applying those three stacks. And anyone that isn't going to die in 3-6 auto attacks will have enough armour that Last Whisper will apply more damage to them than Black Cleaver.
    In 5 attacks with LW, you make 6 with BC and you have a higher basedamage AND after 2 stacks you overtake the armor penetration against anything with less than 150 armor and BC is still better in teamfights due to the available debuff for your team.

I dont see the need to take LW unless more than 1 enemy has like 200+ armor? Apart from the fact that he will still get raped by silver bolt procs and those definetely profit more from the higher ASPD.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

Im on the pro BC side, especially for Vayne thanks to procs.

When i played her i even went as far as building it really early (its cheap so gives a nice early boost). Some lifesteal ie 2 dorans or wriggles, then cleaver, then PD, then whatever (QSS, IE, BT, 2nd PD).

On the other hand i wouldnt get it on Graves, straigt up BT -> PD -> LW for him. Doesnt even need PD, can take IE instead and just burst like a mofo.

Since ive apparently missed a lot (Shens shield scales! yay), did they nerf Kog back into the ground? Used to be almost on the level with Vayne...

His W got nerfed again recently, can't remember what else.

His W got nerfed and the thing with Kog is he has zero mobility. Vayne and Graves are top tier because they have tons of mobility to gank, burst and escape, and Caitlyn is top tier because she beats up on most other carries in lane. Kog was top tier because he beat Caitlyn in lane but now Caitlyn is rarer and he does less damage than Vayne in any case, whilst also being much easier to kill.

I still think Kog is decent. I paired up with a great kog player while I played ashe and we ran the table.