hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LoL - AD Carry (RANGED NOT MELEE FAGS)

Shouldn't Vayne shit all over Graves? I mean, he only has the one aoe ability (not counting his ult, which is an odd backwards conical aoe), and lacks the insane mobility and burst damage of vayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    Shouldn't Vayne shit all over Graves? I mean, he only has the one aoe ability (not counting his ult, which is an odd backwards conical aoe), and lacks the insane mobility and burst damage of vayne.
    They both have a dash/roll thingy for mobility. And does Vayne really out burst Graves? I thought Q was really all Graves had...but it did all the damage.

aka Mitix

He has just as much mobility, and all his abilities outrange Vayne's basic attack. This is the key thing to Vayne, outranging her in lane. You never do more than delay the inevitable with her, but a few champs can outrange her or outbrawl her (Graves can actually do both, lol so broken).
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

They both have the same dash, but eh.. 40% movement speed towards the enemy is additional mobility last I checked?

But yeah, forgot about graves' additional range.

Yeah, but Grave's dash is also an AS steroid with a built-in cooldown reducer. His smokescreen is also a better CC than Vayne's E in terms of escaping from a losing battle.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    They both have the same dash, but eh.. 40% movement speed towards the enemy is additional mobility last I checked?

But yeah, forgot about graves' additional range.
    Graves has ridiculous resists in lane and his skills do more damage, it's champions skills and their burst that provide the majority of damage and kill potential in a lane.

It's pretty much that simple.
    Last edited by Vorkash; December 12 2011 at 07:58:30 PM.

So vayne...

Yeah, really fun to play. Her E maxed surprises me every time, that damage.

I got a question on build though. I usually go boots and pots while solo queueing because no one wants to run the dedicated support. I usually get enough CS and kills where I can just go straight to the BF sword. My question is should I still go for the dual daggers? Sometimes I'm able to go straight to the blood thirster for life steal, but if not should I just go for one dagger?

Also after finishing the PD I usually go black cleaver then infi edge, is this wrong?
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Keep meaning to ask, do you still need zerker greaves on Ezreal? I ask this cause I used to roll CDR cause his ult doesn't have CD reduction per rank.

It's up to you, I personally am not as big a fan of Zerker's as some people here, I tend to build them out of lack of a better choice most of the time. Thing with Ez if you go CDR boots and hit every cooldown, you do tons more damage - but miss just a few and you're way more reliant on your autoattack, in which case Zerkers will set you up better. Also, ult's realistic cooldown is about 40-45s, especially if you're farming with Q in lane (hint you should always be farming and harrassing with Q)

Also loki, doran's blades are good items if you are just hard stomping your lane or you go back and can't afford anything better. By all means if you can afford BF Sword by first back, get that instead of dorans.
    Last edited by Zekk Pacus; December 16 2011 at 11:07:22 PM.

2 dorans is p. sweet due to the life it gives. Do get a bf over dorans, but they're not bad to pickup, even after you have a bf.

Cdr boots sheen + brut into triforce / bt / lw is old school ez build. Zerk with phae into triforce / ie / lw or even phage / bt / ie gives you so much more dmg midgame and lategame is not even a choice anymore. Your passive gives you 50% more attack speed whole figth if you start with ult (LIKE YOU SHOULD ALWAYS). New bruiser meta when you can't rely on being on q range edge and kite and poke them forever make you do items that will actually allow you to deal sick dmg close to enemies as well. Third fact is that triforce/ie still does awesome dmg with Q and if you can hit it and maybe cast W in between you don't cast those Q less often while dealing same dmg with them. Those 3 means new build while dealing only slightly less dmg on poke (assuming cost in time of items of course) gives you like 3 times more dmg when you fight with autoattacks in between.

tl;dr shit will rush you anyway, kill it faster with autos.

Just bought Graves and following chaox's guide, that fucking burst...
    I'm sure it's frustrating to be sperging about how someone said "no, not doing that yet" - but we've had 7 years to learn to pace ourselves after killing a block. And I dare say -- we've gotten quite good at it.

Sorry if it doesn't suit the armchair generals who have never committed to anything for more than 2 months, but by now we've learned that we really don't give a shit about what you think v0v.

Movember '11, '12 Worst Facial Hair Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Played vayne for the first time in awhile in a late night game with roamy and oldmanbob, such a silly champ. Did really poorly early game and went something like 0 / 4 or 1 / 5 laning. 10mins later I get a (delayed) pentakill

Quote Originally Posted by Cividari View Post
    Played vayne for the first time in awhile in a late night game with roamy and oldmanbob, such a silly champ. Did really poorly early game and went something like 0 / 4 or 1 / 5 laning. 10mins later I get a (delayed) pentakill
    With vayne it doesn't fucking matter, if she can just get some items before your team wants to rage /ff you're pretty much good to go.

I once went 0 5 1 as vayne and got my support killed 3 times, think I had about 80 cs in about 20 minutes...

Got a quadra and ended 15 5 8.

So strong, not sure about broken as her laning is quite difficult but once you hit teamfights gg

So tma Trist. I think i have the basics nailed down, using the awesome mobility to get in and out of stuff quickly, using the ult to pin stuff down (or just to nuke it). But i'm not entirely sure how to build her. I tend to buy zerker greaves quickly after starting with a dorans but then i'm a bit lost in what to get next. Tried Infinity Edge and Bloodletter, both worked but I wonder if there are better alternatives. Also not too sure what i should aim for afterwards (been spamming PDs mostly when games lasted longer).

Trist is longest ranged AD Carry in the game, build dorans serkers inf edge, phantom dancer and then QSS as a general build. After that last whisper would probs be a good idea. You don't really need the life steal as long as you position yourself correctly

As a general rule you want bloodthirster on short range champs, and infinity on those that can keep distance. Fuzzi has it right. The trick is to farm it fast enough. Early on your skills do more damage than your autoattacks, trist burst at 6 is great.

The thing that catches people by surprise is her E at lvl 2. Her magic damage makes for some easy lvl2 ganks. Trist is good early, falls off bad mid game, and is godly late game.

just dont get +3 boots on ad carrys ever