hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: LoL - AD Carry (RANGED NOT MELEE FAGS)

I recently bought 3x lifesteal quints, and I've absolutely fallen in love with them for AD carries. The 6% lifesteal to start with is huge, and provides a ton of sustain in lane for only a few points of AD for tradeoff. I've been pairing those runes with a new 18/0/12 mastery page, grabbing 3% lifesteal and a biscuit in utility, and all the usual AD stuff in offense, including frenzy and 1/3 sunder. Unlike my normal pure-AD pages, I run 2/2 butcher here, giving an additional 4 damage to minions to make up for the loss of AD (after butcher, you are down only 2.5AD on minions compared to a standard pure AD rune page). Even with the changes to Havoc, I consider it a really weak mastery, especially if you aren't going 21 offense for the multiplier stacking from Executioner.

All told, this lets me enter the lane with 9% lifesteal and a biscuit, which makes it 100% safe to start the game with a doran's blade, even if your support doesn't have sustain. After lifesteal and doran's regeneration, you will be regenerating around 11-12 HP per AA at level 1 alone. The sustain and damage lets you easily outtrade your lane opponents regardless of what they started. Potions/Sword gives an ~11 point life swing every time you auto one another, and with only two potions you reach life parity after 27 AAs, excluding the bonus HP on dorans and your biscuit's HP regen (counting those, you come out ahead in ~13 AAs). Boots/3 start looses out on ~22 damage per auto-attack, reaching life parity after 20 AAs and again excluding your own regen and bonus HP (counting those, its closer to 13AAs) Opposing lanes with their own doran's can't trade with you at all, because you have superior sustain - even if you lose a trade, you can AA back your HP in a fraction of the time of your opponent, and without costing your support mana. This lets you go for trade after trade very aggressively while simultaneously staying very safe.

If you opt to get an early vamp scepter (which you can skip entirely if you want to, given you are already starting with one in essence), your lifesteal jumps to an incredible 19% - which is more lifesteal than a fully stacked BT offers. The tiny tradeoff in flat AD is totally worth this rune/mastery setup, and its really made playing ADC much more enjoyable. If you have the spare IP to acquire the LS quints, try it out.

I've been meaning to pick up some lifesteal quints for toplane Jax anyways, may give this a shot, especially since ADC is least played role (I'm at the mercy of retards in that role if I didnt duo)

The correct way to mastery it is 19/0/11, then you only lose 1.5 ArP and executioner, which isn't THAT impressive anyway.

It's very strong but has limits - if you're against a lane that can hard engage on you you just lose.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

By the way Quinn is currently much underestimated and about to get MUCH stronger with the changes on PBE (if they hit live). And yes I know I said she was trash but I've been wrong before. Chaox has been pretty much stomping with her.

Go R>Q>E>W, QEQW, all-in your lane as early and often as possible. Snowball your lane, split push errday, avoid 5v5 teamfights since they punish your poor range, duel people who are sent to stop you. If you do have to teamfight for god's sake, don't use ult - you should use ult either to A) get to the teamfight from wherever you happen to be or B) chase down runners and execute them with the AoE. Don't use vault until AFTER the person you want to vault off has used their gap closer.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quinn is an ADC who plays like a top assassin/split-pusher. Her teamfighting sucks, so don't use her to teamfight. Pick her in teamcomps that need an extra assassin/splitpusher. She can be a solo top. She can be an ADC, but you'll need a sustained-damage source to kill champs in teamfights. She's not very good for solo queue, but with an organized team she can be very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    By the way Quinn is currently much underestimated and about to get MUCH stronger with the changes on PBE (if they hit live). And yes I know I said she was trash but I've been wrong before. Chaox has been pretty much stomping with her.
    Last time I saw him playing with her, he was bitching about how bad she was.

So who wants to explain this Ezreal build that seems to be becoming popular at skyelo? Muramana + Lizard Elder? Just running the numbers it feels like that's trash damage, and yet I see a lot of people building it.

So who wants to explain this Ezreal build that seems to be becoming popular at skyelo? Muramana + Lizard Elder? Just running the numbers it feels like that's trash damage, and yet I see a lot of people building it.
    it's dirt cheap (4.1k total for both items, 900 gold more than a BT, 300 more than IE), ramps your power curve faster so you're more viable early team fights, gives you a bunch of sustain and a bit of CDR. Tails off late game compared to classical AD carry (less so now it's physical damage proc), but more and more games are finishing earlier without the carry being able to reach that critical mass.

TPA used it to devastating effect with EZ a few weeks back.

That's really it.

I just built it in a game because I had a feeling the game was lost from the start (our mid was like 'i'm really stoned cba to tryhard' and our support threw a tantrum about supporting so w/e), and it's actually very strong. Ezreal's lategame is poor anyway, he's an early/midgame carry, so it's to your benefit to build items that benefit when you're strongest.

Kited an Olaf all the way from baron to top inhib on purple side, would've killed him if I remembered I had full BOTRK already and used the active.

I remembered I had full BOTRK already and used the active.
    "MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" is my typical reaction after forgetting my actives.

tell me about : Twitch, the annoying fuck. bought him and considering playing the ass out of him.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    tell me about : Twitch, the annoying fuck. bought him and considering playing the ass out of him.
    Before playing Twitch you musk ask yourself this question: am I good at kiting? If no, don't even attempt at playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Before playing Twitch you musk ask yourself this question: am I good at kiting? If no, don't even attempt at playing him.
    Learn by doing man!!! tbh i got raped by a twitch the other week, was sick of dying to posion whilst i was running away, so my solution to this was to buy the champ.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.

Actually kiting is important but not overly so - with his ult you play like an MF that has to right click a bit more since you gain extra range and a piercing effect. Kiting on twitch is just as important as it is with every other AD carry, it's not a Twitch specific mechanic.

Max R>E>Q>W, standard carry items - early BT is good for early agression, Infinity Edge is great for the ult (if the shot crits on the first target it crits on all subsequent targets, take that carry hiding behind the bruisers), BOTRK is good for early kill pressure in lane or if you have to kite out bruisers. W instantly gives two stacks of poison so if someone is running away, hit them with W, shoot them once then E before they get out of range for a nice chunk of burst damage.

Don't ult to kill single targets unless you're sure they're not going to juke - the ult turns his autoattack into psuedo-skillshots, they can be dodged.

Yeah, but I'd argue it's more important on champs like Twitch with no dashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Yeah, but I'd argue it's more important on champs like Twitch with no dashes.
    for what its worth my Fav ADC is Varus, followed by Trist, admittedly that trist is escapetastic but varus isnt, all though he can absolutely root every motherfucker in the room and run away, so i guess that doesn't count.

With Twitch Juking is just as useful as kiting. Know where you can escape using stealth.
    I like an early BORK on him, or at least cutlass, because the active gives you more self-peel/kiting. Hurricane is actually good on him, because it stacks his poison on all the targets.
    So something like BORK, IE, Greaves, Hurricane, LW, Survivability item or PD.

In many ways I feel he plays like Kog the most, his ult range makes him a walking artillery platform.

Hurricane is welp. not gibing him anything useful. IE + Botrk or PD depending what you need. Need super fast LW after cause usually everything you might do in fight is shoot during your ult then they get to you and you die. Not maximing straight ult from Ambush damage is bad choice.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...vs_eu_vs_asia/

Interesting analysis of Vayne builds in NA, EU and Korea.