hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [TMA] Planing on resubing once Crucible crunches, need tips on earning ISK

I'm honestly not trying to discover your people's TLDR limit but... 2 sentences in I say I'm joking and only 1 person reads it. Though I'll go and add a proper TLDR to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    How the fuck do I trade against people using macros to 0.01isk me on every single damn thing every single time. Just selling my shit at Dodi is agonizing; doing it for loving... The horror. Just kidding, thanks for link I'll read it and see what can be done.
    Wow just fucking wow, if the competition is tough try using your brain and working out where a demand for certain ships/mods/ammo might be in a place that won't have much competition.
    Or even going the other way and buying cheap crap up in naughty places and taking it to someplace you can make bank.

Trade is so easy to get into and so diverse that saying it can't be done is like admitting your a retarded fuckwit who has more chance with a goat than a woman.
    Hurricanes, Vagabonds, and all the associated trimmings will do quite well in Syndicate please. The sooner we get a market going in here the sooner I never have to go to high-sec.

Damn, two snipes in a row
    Let's be honest. A dude with 30mil isk to his name isn't going to be hauling Vagas out to 0.0. :P

You cant be sure, maybe thats why he has 30 million isk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    How the fuck do I trade against people using macros to 0.01isk me on every single damn thing every single time. Just selling my shit at Dodi is agonizing; doing it for loving... The horror. Just kidding, thanks for link I'll read it and see what can be done.
    Wow just fucking wow, if the competition is tough try using your brain and working out where a demand for certain ships/mods/ammo might be in a place that won't have much competition.
    Or even going the other way and buying cheap crap up in naughty places and taking it to someplace you can make bank.

Trade is so easy to get into and so diverse that saying it can't be done is like admitting your a retarded fuckwit who has more chance with a goat than a woman.
    Hurricanes, Vagabonds, and all the associated trimmings will do quite well in Syndicate please. The sooner we get a market going in here the sooner I never have to go to high-sec.

Damn, two snipes in a row
    Let's be honest. A dude with 30mil isk to his name isn't going to be hauling Vagas out to 0.0. :P
    Well, he can start with Gyro/TE II's, I always seem to be one short with the closest 8 jumps away when fitting a ship =/

They have not done anything to realistically combat botting like removing local.

Here's a solution to help botting:

Have using a mining laser give you an aggro timer. Not like, a combat aggro timer, but the kind that keeps you in space if you log. Should do something about logoffski bots in systems with no stations. Wouldn't do much about ratting bots with cloaks, I admit. Maybe make more rats that point?

Ok thread's run its course and I even actually got several useful answers. Lock please.

+1

ibtl

Quote Originally Posted by Davion Falcon View Post
    If you've got no objections to relocating, join the Winmatar militia, all the level 4 FW missions can be solo'd in a Purifier or Hound.
    Ya know... I've always wondered about that. If you started a brand new 0d pilot and rushed training into a SB, how viable are the L2-4's in a SB? Obvious answer is join a FW corp and grind standings with your corp mates, but considering the current amarr-winmatar issues, how likely are you to get welcomed into a corp?

Just curious, looking to snipe a +1 thread already in progress.

Trade is very much the definition of long term planning. When the person asking question don't even have a good idea of LP store values and relative mission running merits, I think the stomach for research is very, very low indeed. This is a game after all, and people that enjoy it for "casual spaceships" is what makes traders work. (otherwise everyone would just redfrog with jita alt or something) Besides, 30m is shit for capital and only experience guys can make more then a l4 runner at that capital level.

That said, I think every eve player should spend a week or two in jita just to get a feel for it. It is a pretty funny thing to have 10 orders of invuln iis change with in a update cycle, and still sell many units per hour.

Step one: Join a corporation
    Step two: Gain directorship
    Step three: Rob them blind
    Step four: Repeat, then sell your account for plexes which you can sell for real life money.

You know, I've never done the Jita trading thing. Just never had the attention span for it. The kind of trading I do (sit in some reasonably busy region with some minor trade hubs, place region-wide buy orders, sell anything that gets sold to you without moving it) takes ~30 minutes a day to maintain a fairly steady income. I know there's a lot more money to be made in Jita, but don't know much about it.

Care to enlighten me?

I made my fortune buying ships and such in Jita and seeding the market at the station my alliance would setup camp in. I started by using a carrier and moved to a JF right before they got buffed. Sadly it seems every 4-5 people have a JF alt, so the market became very competitive very fast. It also helps if your seeding a station that only your alliance/blues can dock in. Otherwise you will get random neutrals competing against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    You know, I've never done the Jita trading thing. Just never had the attention span for it. The kind of trading I do (sit in some reasonably busy region with some minor trade hubs, place region-wide buy orders, sell anything that gets sold to you without moving it) takes ~30 minutes a day to maintain a fairly steady income. I know there's a lot more money to be made in Jita, but don't know much about it.
    Station trading in Jita is not especially profitable, as far as markets go, in terms of per hour effort due lolcompetition unless you are moving volumes or strange things. What it does give you is the sense of scale of the universe and allow you to try your hand at seriously rare item without dying of wait. It is also the one place where you can actively see orders move 5~10% in a single sitting, market gaps get filled in minutes and see serious large orders as some recurring characters goes through up to double digit billions per session in raw material markets. Retail and junk collecting is just boring in comparison.

Amarr have the best convos on local, imo, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobgainsfield View Post
    If you've got no objections to relocating, join the Winmatar militia, all the level 4 FW missions can be solo'd in a Purifier or Hound.
    Ya know... I've always wondered about that. If you started a brand new 0d pilot and rushed training into a SB, how viable are the L2-4's in a SB? Obvious answer is join a FW corp and grind standings with your corp mates, but considering the current amarr-winmatar issues, how likely are you to get welcomed into a corp?

L3's are definately doable in a SB. With the agent required standing change I'd imagine it wouldn't take many minor complexes to get the required standings for L3s with connections IV. Standings just rocket up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    There's a thread for LOOK AT ME I'M COMING BACK already
    yet you refuse to lock this one...well done

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobgainsfield View Post

L3's are definately doable in a SB. With the agent required standing change I'd imagine it wouldn't take many minor complexes to get the required standings for L3s with connections IV. Standings just rocket up from there.
    ty ty

Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter View Post
    It is also the one place where you can actively see orders move 5~10% in a single sitting, market gaps get filled in minutes and see serious large orders as some recurring characters goes through up to double digit billions per session in raw material markets. Retail and junk collecting is just boring in comparison.
    #occupyjita

Quote Originally Posted by Shin_getter View Post
    Trade is very much the definition of long term planning. When the person asking question don't even have a good idea of LP store values and relative mission running merits, I think the stomach for research is very, very low indeed. This is a game after all, and people that enjoy it for "casual spaceships" is what makes traders work. (otherwise everyone would just redfrog with jita alt or something) Besides, 30m is shit for capital and only experience guys can make more then a l4 runner at that capital level.

That said, I think every eve player should spend a week or two in jita just to get a feel for it. It is a pretty funny thing to have 10 orders of invuln iis change with in a update cycle, and still sell many units per hour.
    Aging TLDRs needed to explain myself. But I did my spreadsheets properly last time; its just that last 2 expansions changed things to much.

My first NPC corp for missions was ofc Gallente Navy; and while they do have quite decent agents and even proper hubs; as all navies everyone does those missions so ISK/LP is very low. The Scope has uber fancy probing implants in its LP store; but their only highsec agent in in Amarr space and by that time I was in militia. So I chose Roden and did my "important internet spreadsheets" and it had items that checked out and could do well; after having couple 100 mill in starting capital to place tag buy orders across all Gallente and Minmatar space. Before I ever got there I found that their skillbooks had a 10 day to 2 week price cycle when they reached areas where you could freaking get nearly 3k ISK/LP on damn skillbooks. So I never got to "skill trade and manufucutring and buy tags and 5 run BPCs" part.

But we all know what happened to all type of connection skillbooks. :*(

I'm not sure how you get to 32m sp and don't know how to make money.

I don't understand how you put in the time to wreck standings with one faction or the other without at some point during the grind looking up how standings work and what the optimal way to do it would be.

I'm wondering how long (under 5 minutes) you spent looking at trade to decide its all bots and you can't do anything with it.

So I've come to a conclusion on what type of player you are.

Join a nullsec corporation... preferably pets where your not expected to fight anything and win so no one cares if you ignore any cta's and such. Go into belts and shoot red crosses, you'll be fine. Barring pissing off your overlords by getting to close to their bots and the inevitable tears when you lose your jf/carrier/tengu or something expensive to being fucking retarded, nothing bad will happen to you and you can pretend you win at eve. Bonus points if you look down at people who live in empire/low sec/ don't hold sov.