Holy shit, that's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Holy shit, that's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got 2 raspis sitting there. gonna do this for sure.

Those prices are finalised already. the model a IS $25 and the model B IS $35. confirmed by official sources multiple times. As for the OS, The spirit of the board is that its designed to be fucked about with, smashed, soldered to bits etc etc. As far as hardware access is concerned, anyone developing for the platform has this as one of their absolute priorities. Because its based on ARM, a lot of the software is going to be "Start from scratch" mode, seeing as most of the stuff developed for linux is x86, and the only thing we really have software wise that is ARM based is android. Supposedly Nokia has "dibs" on 400 of the first production boards to give away free to anyone who is considered a "registered" Qt developer, so they can begin with writing all the basic shit for it asap.

Oh neat, a Pi Thread.

I use a model 3 with some kind of Kodi OS on it.
    When I watch a movie and seek forward it sometimes takes over 5 seconds.

And sometimes it works like charm.

I doubt it's the network. It does not matter if I jump 10 seconds or 20 minutes. It's just 1 - 7 seconds where the screen is frozen.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Did we post the pitop already? I dont remember.. https://pi-top.com/product/pi-top
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Oh neat, a Pi Thread.

I use a model 3 with some kind of Kodi OS on it.
    When I watch a movie and seek forward it sometimes takes over 5 seconds.

And sometimes it works like charm.

I doubt it's the network. It does not matter if I jump 10 seconds or 20 minutes. It's just 1 - 7 seconds where the screen is frozen.
    Probs the encoding. Some encodings seem to work way better at seeking, while others don't let you seek at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I'm thinking about using my Pi 2 for Pi-hole, and have a couple questions:
    Do I need to have it wired in to my network to prevent performance loss?
    Does the router I use matter? (I have two routers that are gigabit, one that is not, should it be plugged in to one of the gigabit routers?
    Anything else important to consider?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Does the router I use matter? (I have two routers that are gigabit, one that is not, should it be plugged in to one of the gigabit routers?
    Wireless will at worse add a couple of milliseconds.

Port makes no difference. On most days you'll see a few MBs of traffic.

Also use wildcards, I block all ru and cn domains. People are also finding the domains used by YouTube adverts (about 90% successful) see reddit for more info.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Wireless will at worse add a couple of milliseconds.

Port makes no difference. On most days you'll see a few MBs of traffic.

Also use wildcards, I block all ru and cn domains. People are also finding the domains used by YouTube adverts (about 90% successful) see reddit for more info.

Cheers I got it set up today, now I have to figure out how to set up a VPN...

How did you block all ru and cn domains?
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

That would exclude booru boards.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

That would exclude booru boards.

Derp, it really was that easy. I was over thinking it
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Okay, I love this thread.

My Pi2 is now permanently connected to my primary router with the USB port and an ethernet cable. Its running Pi-hole to block ads and PiVPN so I have ad-free everything everywhere (Open VPN on my phone and laptop).

<3
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

My second Pi arrived a few days ago, and it was simplicity itself getting Raspbian loaded and running. Unfortunately, my only available display right now is an old 720p/1080i unit, so I'm squinting at the small text from 8' away. But it works! I was also about to buy the Lenovo wireless keyboard Entrox linked a few years ago, but then I saw it used a USB stick, and wasn't Bluetooth. So I looked around for a cheap wireless keyboard, and bought a Logitech K400+ today. It works perfectly.

Still haven't had access to a Win10 machine to try Win10 IoT No worries, I'll get there eventually.

I'd going to try using this unit at judo tournaments to run a scoreboard program, as well as record footage from matches. Would it be better to use USB webcams for this, or use PoE cameras? Does the RPi have enough bandwidth to record from 2-3 cameras and write to a USB device at the same time? Are there any programs out there for RPi that would allow me to quickly review recorded footage?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

I'd going to try using this unit at judo tournaments to run a scoreboard program, as well as record footage from matches. Would it be better to use USB webcams for this, or use PoE cameras? Does the RPi have enough bandwidth to record from 2-3 cameras and write to a USB device at the same time? Are there any programs out there for RPi that would allow me to quickly review recorded footage?

Have you considered using one device per application? Eg one raspi that runs the scoreboard, one for each camera? This is a realistic solution.

Also I cant remember if you answered, but .. why Win10 IoT? What are your expectations? I can potentially save you several hours of your time.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post

Have you considered using one device per application? Eg one raspi that runs the scoreboard, one for each camera? This is a realistic solution.
    That's the conclusion I came to the other day as well. Can't run a scoreboard and view footage on the same screen. The scoreboard program runs as an HTML file, so it doesn't HAVE to run on a RPi, but it certainly makes things easier with the RCA output. Looks like I'll be ordering yet another Pi. Still hung up on which kind of cameras to use. The Pi has 4 USB ports, with one being used for the wireless keyboard and another for the hard drive. Which leaves 2 ports for cameras, but I suppose a USB hub can be used. My main concern is whether the Pi has the ability to record from 2 cameras simultaneously while reading data from a hard drive.

Also I cant remember if you answered, but .. why Win10 IoT? What are your expectations? I can potentially save you several hours of your time.
    Curiosity, mostly. It's not really important, I just wanted to know what's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post

That's the conclusion I came to the other day as well. Can't run a scoreboard and view footage on the same screen. The scoreboard program runs as an HTML file, so it doesn't HAVE to run on a RPi, but it certainly makes things easier with the RCA output. Looks like I'll be ordering yet another Pi. Still hung up on which kind of cameras to use. The Pi has 4 USB ports, with one being used for the wireless keyboard and another for the hard drive. Which leaves 2 ports for cameras, but I suppose a USB hub can be used. My main concern is whether the Pi has the ability to record from 2 cameras simultaneously while reading data from a hard drive.

Curiosity, mostly. It's not really important, I just wanted to know what's possible.
    Why not just SSH in? Do you need the gui?

Have you considered using one pi per camera with the purpose built camera? I would be dubious of using USB 2 cameras streaming full video at the same on a Pi. I have not researched it though so could be wrong.

https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/camera

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Why not just SSH in? Do you need the gui?

1) Because I don't know anything about SSH.
    2) Yes, this is for review of matches/calls made by referees. Previously, this was done with camcorders, but we don't want to hold up the next match while reviewing the last one. Tournaments can run 6-8 hours, so we'd like the ability to just start recording, then review footage later when needed, without stopping recording.

edit: Oh, and having the audio would be very useful, but not mandatory, which is why i was leaning towards using USB webcams.
    Last edited by Nordstern; June 5 2017 at 10:04:02 PM.