hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738
Results 741 to 754 of 754

Thread: The Raspberry Pi Thread.

  1. #741
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Holy shit, that's amazing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  2. #742
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Holy shit, that's amazing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got 2 raspis sitting there. gonna do this for sure.

  3. #743
    Those prices are finalised already. the model a IS $25 and the model B IS $35. confirmed by official sources multiple times. As for the OS, The spirit of the board is that its designed to be fucked about with, smashed, soldered to bits etc etc. As far as hardware access is concerned, anyone developing for the platform has this as one of their absolute priorities. Because its based on ARM, a lot of the software is going to be "Start from scratch" mode, seeing as most of the stuff developed for linux is x86, and the only thing we really have software wise that is ARM based is android. Supposedly Nokia has "dibs" on 400 of the first production boards to give away free to anyone who is considered a "registered" Qt developer, so they can begin with writing all the basic shit for it asap.

  4. #744
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,744
    Oh neat, a Pi Thread.

    I use a model 3 with some kind of Kodi OS on it.
    When I watch a movie and seek forward it sometimes takes over 5 seconds.

    And sometimes it works like charm.

    I doubt it's the network. It does not matter if I jump 10 seconds or 20 minutes. It's just 1 - 7 seconds where the screen is frozen.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  5. #745
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    17,361
    Did we post the pitop already? I dont remember.. https://pi-top.com/product/pi-top
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  6. #746
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,338
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Oh neat, a Pi Thread.

    I use a model 3 with some kind of Kodi OS on it.
    When I watch a movie and seek forward it sometimes takes over 5 seconds.

    And sometimes it works like charm.

    I doubt it's the network. It does not matter if I jump 10 seconds or 20 minutes. It's just 1 - 7 seconds where the screen is frozen.
    Probs the encoding. Some encodings seem to work way better at seeking, while others don't let you seek at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  7. #747
    OrangeAfroMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20, 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    I'm thinking about using my Pi 2 for Pi-hole, and have a couple questions:
    Do I need to have it wired in to my network to prevent performance loss?
    Does the router I use matter? (I have two routers that are gigabit, one that is not, should it be plugged in to one of the gigabit routers?
    Anything else important to consider?
    Actually an '06.

    EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

    www.twitch.tv/oameve

  8. #748

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I'm thinking about using my Pi 2 for Pi-hole, and have a couple questions:
    Do I need to have it wired in to my network to prevent performance loss?
    Does the router I use matter? (I have two routers that are gigabit, one that is not, should it be plugged in to one of the gigabit routers?
    Anything else important to consider?
    Wireless will at worse add a couple of milliseconds.

    Port makes no difference. On most days you'll see a few MBs of traffic.

    Also use wildcards, I block all ru and cn domains. People are also finding the domains used by YouTube adverts (about 90% successful) see reddit for more info.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

  9. #749
    OrangeAfroMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20, 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I'm thinking about using my Pi 2 for Pi-hole, and have a couple questions:
    Do I need to have it wired in to my network to prevent performance loss?
    Does the router I use matter? (I have two routers that are gigabit, one that is not, should it be plugged in to one of the gigabit routers?
    Anything else important to consider?
    Wireless will at worse add a couple of milliseconds.

    Port makes no difference. On most days you'll see a few MBs of traffic.

    Also use wildcards, I block all ru and cn domains. People are also finding the domains used by YouTube adverts (about 90% successful) see reddit for more info.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
    Cheers I got it set up today, now I have to figure out how to set up a VPN...

    How did you block all ru and cn domains?
    Actually an '06.

    EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

    www.twitch.tv/oameve

  10. #750

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    280
    Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

  11. #751
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    7,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
    That would exclude booru boards.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #752

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
    That would exclude booru boards.


    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

  13. #753
    OrangeAfroMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20, 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Go to blacklist and add 'cn' and 'ru' as wildcards. No need to use any funky symbols stars etc.

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
    Derp, it really was that easy. I was over thinking it
    Actually an '06.

    EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

    www.twitch.tv/oameve

  14. #754
    OrangeAfroMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20, 2011
    Posts
    6,821
    Okay, I love this thread.

    My Pi2 is now permanently connected to my primary router with the USB port and an ethernet cable. Its running Pi-hole to block ads and PiVPN so I have ad-free everything everywhere (Open VPN on my phone and laptop).

    <3
    Actually an '06.

    EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

    www.twitch.tv/oameve

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •