hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839

Thread: The Raspberry Pi Thread.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Found a home security system with 4 cameras that would probably be better than anything I could cobble together.

New issue: I'm trying to update the Raspbian image on my RPi. When I download the ZIP file on Windows and attempt to extract it, it says it requires an additional 742 petabytes of space. Obviously, that's not right. When I download it on Linux and extract it with Ark, it's fine. But when I go to move the extracted ISO file to a USB drive (not imaging, just copying), the transfer fails. What gives?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Found a home security system with 4 cameras that would probably be better than anything I could cobble together.

New issue: I'm trying to update the Raspbian image on my RPi. When I download the ZIP file on Windows and attempt to extract it, it says it requires an additional 742 petabytes of space. Obviously, that's not right. When I download it on Linux and extract it with Ark, it's fine. But when I go to move the extracted ISO file to a USB drive (not imaging, just copying), the transfer fails. What gives?
    Use another extractor.
    Try 7-Zip or WinRAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Solana View Post

Use another extractor.
    Try 7-Zip or WinRAR.
    7zip is pretty good despite the horrible interface..

That or just give it another 800PB of disk space..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Use https://etcher.io/ to put images on SD cards. It can do it without extracting the zip first, and is as simple to use as it gets.

Also: https://resin.io/ looks pretty cool for managing a couple of raspberries scattered throughout your house.
    Last edited by Dee Jiensai; August 16 2017 at 07:36:40 AM.