hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanofiber and I-Stab info

Nanofiber and I-Stab info

Some info that I've found helped people in-game follows. Was probably on SHC somewhere.

Nanofiber Internal Structure II:
    +15.8 % agility
    +9.4 % speed (meta 4 is +8.9%)
    -20 % structure HP (meta 4 is -15%)

Inertia Stabilizers II:
    -20% inertia
    +11% signature radius (meta 4 is +8%)

Agility gains and inertia reduction are equivalent so nanofibers let you catch up with stuff better, whilst the I-stab will let you align faster or orbit/out-manuvour things at speed better. Depending on circumstances, increased sig can increase damage taken. Overall, I'd prefer a nanofiber on a combat ship.

As increased sig will get you locked faster, the I-Stab isn't a great choice for a ship trying to avoid getting locked while aligning. A T2 nanofiber will help evasion 2.6% and 5.5% more that a meta 4 and T2 I-Stab respectively.

Sparks

Edit: typo
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

Administrator Movember 2012 Don Pellegrino's Avatar

Re: Nanofiber and I-Stab info

Also, ship acceleration is tied to that ship's agility.

Meta4 Istabs have the same agility bonus as T2, but with less signature penalty. I wouldn't completely overlook the usefulness of istabs on select ships - you can align seriously fast with a few of them on. I run them on shield harbingers over nanofibers, for example, because the ship is too slow to catch up to anything anyways - but 2x istabs let it go to warp as fast as light cruisers.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus Volundar
    As increased sig will get you locked faster, the I-Stab isn't a great choice for a ship trying to avoid getting locked while aligning. A T2 nanofiber will help evasion 2.6% and 5.5% more that a meta 4 and T2 I-Stab respectively.

Sparks

Edit: typo
    I've always suspected this but never wanted to test it because I was afraid all of my i-stabbed haulers would have been wrong for all of these years.

Welp.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

You are assuming that the %decrease in lock time is > %decrease in align time. That is most likely not true for most fits and the stacking nature of agility vs. signature modifiers.

Also, lag works for you if you fit an istab: the locker will suffer lag and have a much smaller window to start the lock. Then the lock is faster (but not as much faster as your align time as Vortex points out), but 0.5/1/maybe even 2 seconds are lost already.
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

I-Stabs for moving around quick when manually navigating high sec, Nano's for afk hauler express.

I-Stabs on cloaky transports. More to get you out of the way much faster, since it's more about how fast you click cloak than how fast you warp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Miller
    I-Stabs on cloaky transports. More to get you out of the way much faster, since it's more about how fast you click cloak than how fast you warp.
    Disagree. Nanos on cloaky haulers for coasting out of bubbles, burning back to gate etc.

Dual nano-mwd Crane for example gets a 3.9s align (dual i-stab is 3.6), but the nano works out as over 400m/s faster - handier in those shitshitshitshit moments

(all of that is unimplanted/unrigged)

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    Meta4 Istabs have the same agility bonus as T2, but with less signature penalty.
    Yes, I wrote that in the OP.

I wouldn't completely overlook the usefulness of istabs on select ships - you can align seriously fast with a few of them on. I run them on shield harbingers over nanofibers, for example, because the ship is too slow to catch up to anything anyways - but 2x istabs let it go to warp as fast as light cruisers.
    I wouldn't overlook it either - I noted a personal preferance.

You are assuming that the %decrease in lock time is > %decrease in align time.
    Your assumption is incorrect.

I didn't go into cloaking though I've been of the perhaps incorrect opinion that error introduced by server ticks, lag and reaction time (on both sides) would make module choice moot. Plus I'd also prefer the greater speed available for other moments. But having said that, I have found reading replies on this topic interesting and I'll give is more thought - thank you.

Sparks
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

Meta4 Istabs have the same agility bonus as T2, but with less signature penalty. I wouldn't completely overlook the usefulness of istabs on select ships - you can align seriously fast with a few of them on. I run them on shield harbingers over nanofibers, for example, because the ship is too slow to catch up to anything anyways - but 2x istabs let it go to warp as fast as light cruisers.
    i don't think you have found the "select ship" yet

Wow guys, way to sperg out here~

Meta4 Istabs have the same agility bonus as T2, but with less signature penalty.
    Yes, I wrote that in the OP.
    You wrote the numbers, yes. I specifically mentioned it as part of setting up my own analysis. This shouldn't bother you unless you have some sort of perpetual dibs of trivia knowledge.

I wouldn't completely overlook the usefulness of istabs on select ships - you can align seriously fast with a few of them on. I run them on shield harbingers over nanofibers, for example, because the ship is too slow to catch up to anything anyways - but 2x istabs let it go to warp as fast as light cruisers.
    I wouldn't overlook it either - I noted a personal preferance.
    Ok?

This wasn't even directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by joe space
    i don't think you have found the "select ship" yet
    Oh your right I totally forgot istabs are bad and anyone who fits them is bad and there is never any situation for any combat ship where using them over nano's might have some logic. I yield to your superior use of one-liners in a ~discussion~ of modules. Also I can't seem to select the ship as it hasn't been assembled yet - how to fix?

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

This wasn't even directed at you.
    It's me, I'm the one with the incorrect assumption?
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

what i meant was shield harbi actually does nano decently.

if you are fitting istabs to go into warp faster, well then there is a better use of those low slots 99.9% of the time if your harbi is actually meant to shoot stuff (travel fit is different, but that's already been discussed above). there is very rarely a reason to have istabs on a combat ship, but i didn't say there is never a reason. if you are in a nano gang in a ship that is faster than your gang mates but aligns slower, then istab>nano. if you need that bit of structure tank, than sometimes istab>nano (however, if you can spare armor than low friction rigs>istab>nano). still, i have only encountered these scenarios theorycrafting as there is almost always a better ship and/or fit for the job.

i stayed 10 minutes late at work typing this (that is sperging)

:shrug: Its the difference between 1.3kms w/ 9.3s align and 1.1kms with 8.4s align. In my experience, the faster align (and slightly tougher hull - they aren't exactly well tanked ships) has proved more useful than nanos. I don't claim to have particularly extensive experience with nano gangs though; I was referring more to it used in the context of a shield-BC gang w/ logistics that might very well suicide into a larger gang. In that kind of fleet, the extra align speed and hull will save you more than the 200m/s (conversely, you land first and therefore shoot first). For shoot and scoot ships, harbingers just aren't amazing due to cap issues and the limited range for its speed. I would agree if your trying to actually run around on a grid (drakes/canes/etc) the nanos are much better; the shield gank harbinger is kind of a weird exception (IME) for that style of gang.

hope you don't mind:
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=8833021
    http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=5618339(n1)

looks like you are flying these with drakes (you need to rage at your drakes to coordinate their fittings. the only thing they seemed to agree on is to bring both scram and point, wow). drakes + harbis are that rare situation where the harbi goes faster but aligns slower. still, in the choice between nano and istab, nano wins because you will have inferior tackle, transversal issues, and inferior tank. you need to stay further away from enemy tackle. so, speed over align. and tracking enhancers omg! so with those mismashed drakes i'd do one nano, two tracking enhancers, two heat sinks, damage control.

Yea, it was mostly a CH thing (back in 0'10 when CH both 1) existed and 2) roamed). The actual fleet composition is probably inferior to the now-standard nano drake + basilisk gangs that scale up to infinity ships due to the niiiice HML ranges. That second fight you linked I still remember, none of the scimis wanted to rep me

Making golden statues and raising your insurance premiums

Nanofiber Internal Structure II:
    +15.8 % agility
    +9.4 % speed (meta 4 is +8.9%)
    -20 % structure HP (meta 4 is -15%)
    COSMOS is not quite as good as meta 4 but gives only -10% HP, which makes a noticeable difference when fitting multiple modules to larger ships. They're rare, but not prohibitively expensive. A niche case, but worth knowing about.

all i can say is... the 500m-orbit-scimitar also demands speed and still gets hit every now and then, especially ofc when chasing'n'trying to get into that orbit. dumping speed for more agility AND suffering from more sig is not an option.

Someone once calculated that when trying to burn back to the gate 2 nanos > every other combination with 2 slots.

/edit: found it http://eveinfo.net/wiki/ind~1066.htm