hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expanded Cargo & Warp

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Offline modules still give you their drawbacks

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Ill check when I get home from work, but I'm (fairly) sure they don't. If you offline a MWD you do not get the cap penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaes View Post
    Ill check when I get home from work, but I'm (fairly) sure they don't. If you offline a MWD you do not get the cap penalty.
    are you sure? i had it in my head that i'd checked that and it still did.

was also pretty sure offlined cloaks still fuck up your scanres.

Quote Originally Posted by ry ry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaes View Post
    are you sure? i had it in my head that i'd checked that and it still did.

was also pretty sure offlined cloaks still fuck up your scanres.
    I would say 70% sure, in EFT the offlined MWD doesn't give a penalty but then again :EFT:

I think it varies per module type. Someone frapsed themselves turning off a nano more then once when tackled in a close fight.
    I too recall non cov-ops cloaks do fuck your scanres if just fitted.

To Sisi!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    To Sisi!
    Why do people say this? Can you not afford a 1600mm plate on TQ? This stuff can easily be tested without losing the ship.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

Wait, are you telling me people don't use the test server to test game mechanics?!

Moderator Movember 2011DonorModerator Cue1*'s Avatar
    Why is this such a big issue? offline plates do not add to the mass of the ship, ask any large wh corp or anyoe who lives in a c2. They offline plates to fit more ships through before collapse, and in a c2, some BS's won't fit with plates online.

Offline MWD's don't have their penalty, I have offlined my MWD to be capstable on a geddon with mf.

Dunno about cloaks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Why is this such a big issue? offline plates do not add to the mass of the ship, ask any large wh corp or anyoe who lives in a c2. They offline plates to fit more ships through before collapse, and in a c2, some BS's won't fit with plates online
    And passive align makes your fleet warp faster, ask any large alliance FC oh wai....

edit: whoops, apparently feb 20th != march 20th, sry for semi-necro :/
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Quote Originally Posted by dpidcoe View Post
    Why is this such a big issue? offline plates do not add to the mass of the ship, ask any large wh corp or anyoe who lives in a c2. They offline plates to fit more ships through before collapse, and in a c2, some BS's won't fit with plates online
    And passive align makes your fleet warp faster, ask any large alliance FC oh wai....

U mad bro? The difference is a BS with plates doesn't fit through a C2 hole unless you offline the plates. A straight forward, obvious check would work too. It's pretty easy:
    -put a plate on a ship online
    -undock
    -show info on ship
    -offline plate
    -show info on ship

The mass will be different.

U mad bro?
    Not at all. I was mostly just making light of your "ask anyone and they'll tell you this is how it works" attitude, as you could have said the exact same about passive align several years ago before it was debunked and dragged out kicking and screaming.

Also, I don't have an active eve sub so testing it myself would be way too much effort.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

U mad bro?
    Not at all. I was mostly just making light of your "ask anyone and they'll tell you this is how it works" attitude, as you could have said the exact same about passive align several years ago before it was debunked and dragged out kicking and screaming.

Also, I don't have an active eve sub so testing it myself would be way too much effort.
    As a 2003-2004 FC I can tell you that only a subset of retards believed in passive align. It certainly wasnt an "ask anyone" issue.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Just as false as the "offlined mods take more heat damage than an empty slot"

Just as false as the "offlined mods take more heat damage than an empty slot"
    To be fair, heat has been a sticking point for a long time. How long did we think the rack wrapped around? Also, what are you calling false? Passive align or offlined mods not giving their side effects? Because they definitely don't.

Also, be careful when offlining cargo expanders. I don't have active EVE sub atm so I can't test it again, but last year when I offlined my cargo expanders until the cargo "overflows" (actual cargo being larger than cargo capacity), I couldn't make a gate jump. IIRC it also prevented me from warping, might be wrong though.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

U mad bro?

As a 2003-2004 FC I can tell you that only a subset of retards believed in passive align. It certainly wasnt an "ask anyone" issue.
    The only time "passive align" helped anything was when there were high percentage chances that you'd bump / get stuck on something / go full retard and getting everybody pointed at something generally sorted that shit out before you actually tried to align (though not always). It also brought everybody down to 0 velocity which occasionally got people in to warp faster who were derps and dicking around with off-target velocity vectors.

edit: also before the days of the align button it meant everybody found the damn celestial already so there was less derping when the actual warp order was given.

or IOW there were some human factors it assisted a bit but it certainly had no game mechanic effect.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    This thread brings me back to 06/07....I remember being in a fleet with krullz(still the greatest eve player/CEO/fc ever tbh), he was stoned as fuck at the time and spent 30 min raging about just this as he was convinced the hostile fleet we were chasing were all fitting expanded cargo holds for just this purpose.

God I miss krullz and his fleets

Edit: yes I know it doesn't work, and half the fleet tried to tell krullz but he just told them they were wrong

I also know I may have sorta necroed this again.
    Last edited by LordsServant; May 4 2012 at 11:51:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I agree that northern observer is a retard

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    This thread brings me back to 06/07....I remember being in a fleet with krullz(still the greatest eve player/CEO/fc ever tbh), he was stoned as fuck at the time and spent 30 min raging about just this as he was convinced the hostile fleet we were chasing were all fitting expanded cargo holds for just this purpose.

God I miss krullz and his fleets

Edit: yes I know it doesn't work, and half the fleet tried to tell krullz but he just told them they were wrong

I also know I may have sorta necroed this again.
    odd. dont you have a titan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

U mad bro?

Back in my FRICK/MC days I had an alt in ASCN and I remember during BOBs slaughtering of them, Samurai Jack (I think it was him) sent out an alliance mail stating they suspected BOB pilots of all fitting expanded cargo to help enter warp so quickly as they couldn't figure out any other way they were doing it.

Obviously having competent pilots whom were aligning ready hadn't occurred to them.