hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [PvP] Vargur

If i ever flew one i would use big mikers fit (or a variation of it) where you fly it like a mach most of the time and if you get pinned down you tank it out in marauder mode and then either instawarp out or go back to the gate.

[Vargur, New Setup 2]
    Republic Fleet Nanofiber Structure
    Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
    Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
    Large Micro Jump Drive
    Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
    Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
    True Sansha Heavy Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
    Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP L
    Bastion Module I
    Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge
    True Sansha Heavy Energy Neutralizer

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Large Ancillary Current Router II

'Augmented' Valkyrie x5
    'Augmented' Acolyte x5

i.e a variaten of this fit.

With cs links + hg snakes you can kite somewhat, your range is pretty good and all around you are a decent if somewhat slow nano bs with vvery frequent mjd options, in bastion you tank 3k dps with a pill (3.86 with heat - which you can do almost forever).

Basicely, just watch that:

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Well, I won't have snakes or links, but I will have mg crystals. I'll look into dual asbing it but I'd rather have dual prop as the single x type reps 5k with heat, std blue and the crystals.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Looks good for a laugh. Hope you don't mind me asking here but my imps are what the old LG became right?
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Yeah mid is the old low
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    If i ever flew one i would use big mikers fit (or a variation of it) where you fly it like a mach most of the time and if you get pinned down you tank it out in marauder mode and then either instawarp out or go back to the gate.

[Vargur, New Setup 2]

Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
    Large Micro Jump Drive
    True Sansha Heavy Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
    Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Bastion Module I
    Large 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge

Large Ancillary Current Router II

'Augmented' Valkyrie x5
    'Augmented' Acolyte x5

i.e a variaten of this fit.

With cs links + hg snakes you can kite somewhat, your range is pretty good and all around you are a decent if somewhat slow nano bs with vvery frequent mjd options, in bastion you tank 3k dps with a pill (3.86 with heat - which you can do almost forever).

Basicely, just watch that:

Wow, great vid. Maybe I will look into doing a Vargur like that so I can get some more use out of it. I won't have snakes though, we'll see what the numbers look like.
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Well, this fit works with a hell of a lot less bling. Tanks more too, just has to go with slightly smaller guns.

[Vargur, Nano]
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
    Large Micro Jump Drive
    Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800
    Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Dual 650mm Repeating Cannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L
    Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
    Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I
    Large YF-12a Smartbomb
    Bastion Module I

Large Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II

Hobgoblin II x5
    Acolyte II x5
    Warrior II x5
    Republic Fleet EMP L x2000
    Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x2000
    Republic Fleet Fusion L x2000
    Barrage L x2000
    Navy Cap Booster 800 x39
    Nanite Repair Paste x100

Cap isn't as good, not sure how big of a factor that is. That Gist X tanks less and is really fucking expensive.
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    I'll post my fit since I'm rolling from memory here but the crux of my argument is that you can kite shit outside of bastion and destroy shit in bastion. It does include links since you know, 4b ship, and it does include implants since you know, 4b ship.

We also have to take into account the fact that coasting in/out of bastion is easy considering it's only 60s a pop, you can mjd, bastion, mwd one cycle and mjd again.

I'll do a comprehensive with/without links and implants later, I might be over hyped about it but I feel that ship to be the most versatile boat ive seen in a long time.
    We've had this discussion a few hundred times as it is, maybe you should go read those threads instead? It's simple, when you are comparing the stats of a ship, you compare said stats with no implants, no links, no drugs. Why you ask? For the same reason we use an all V character for comparing stats, it's a baseline.

60 seconds is 60 seconds for something with a scram to get in gang, and get to you. You can't coast around in Bastion anymore, it doesn't add mass. All it takes is one ship with a scram to make two of your midslots dead weight.
    Heavy neut + med neut + web + scram + drones + 1000dps autocannons.

It's like trying to keep a utility domi tackled, it ain't impossible for sure but it's bitchy at best.

Anyway, I'll be in front of eft in not so long and I'll back what I'm saying a bit.

edit:

So before any kind of implant links pills drones or overheating we can see that:

vargur:

+ bastion mode for redonk tank and ECM immunity
    + med neut (switch for second heavy neut if going only MWD or only MJD for pure/linked solo)
    + a bit more cap stable under prop.
    + can brawl
    + 32.5% tracking
    + can do no web scram and keep dual prop.

Mach:

+ 550 m/s
    + 37 dps

the speed difference can be alleviated with links, you're already solidly in BC speed territory and except for HG snaked mach you ain't getting in cruiser territory.

the damage difference we can argue about since there is a huge tracking bonus on the vargur.

Now this is what i'm talking about:

easily cap stable in bastion

5669/8770 dps tank HG crystals, (still redonkulous with LG crystals, still redonkulous without lol)
    1271/1838 m/s out of bastion.

project better than a mach, more tracking, more neuts, can outbrawl right about anything, is ECM immune in bastion, is slippery as fuck between neuts, MWD and MJD.

Under the same pimp, the mach becomes fucking fast (it's roughly fast enough for what it does already) tank become decent at about 1300 dps before implants (1861 with HG crystals)

so what you buy for roughly the same price is:

- ecm immunity when necessary
    - abhorrent tank
    - brawl potential
    - supreme gtfo 1min MJD + extra neut
    - extra tracking and falloff
    - it's vertical
    well you can say what you want about big mikers fit but lookit my 2014 post lol.

And people cried then ahahahahah!

I'll post my fit since I'm rolling from memory here but the crux of my argument is that you can kite shit outside of bastion and destroy shit in bastion. It does include links since you know, 4b ship, and it does include implants since you know, 4b ship.

We also have to take into account the fact that coasting in/out of bastion is easy considering it's only 60s a pop, you can mjd, bastion, mwd one cycle and mjd again.

I'll do a comprehensive with/without links and implants later, I might be over hyped about it but I feel that ship to be the most versatile boat ive seen in a long time.
    We've had this discussion a few hundred times as it is, maybe you should go read those threads instead? It's simple, when you are comparing the stats of a ship, you compare said stats with no implants, no links, no drugs. Why you ask? For the same reason we use an all V character for comparing stats, it's a baseline.

60 seconds is 60 seconds for something with a scram to get in gang, and get to you. You can't coast around in Bastion anymore, it doesn't add mass. All it takes is one ship with a scram to make two of your midslots dead weight.

It's like trying to keep a utility domi tackled, it ain't impossible for sure but it's bitchy at best.

Anyway, I'll be in front of eft in not so long and I'll back what I'm saying a bit.

edit:

So before any kind of implant links pills drones or overheating we can see that:

vargur:

+ med neut (switch for second heavy neut if going only MWD or only MJD for pure/linked solo)
    + can brawl
    + 32.5% tracking

Mach:

+ 550 m/s
    + 37 dps

the speed difference can be alleviated with links, you're already solidly in BC speed territory and except for HG snaked mach you ain't getting in cruiser territory.

the damage difference we can argue about since there is a huge tracking bonus on the vargur.

5669/8770 dps tank HG crystals, (still redonkulous with LG crystals, still redonkulous without lol)

project better than a mach, more tracking, more neuts, can outbrawl right about anything, is ECM immune in bastion, is slippery as fuck between neuts, MWD and MJD.

Under the same pimp, the mach becomes fucking fast (it's roughly fast enough for what it does already) tank become decent at about 1300 dps before implants (1861 with HG crystals)

- abhorrent tank
    - brawl potential
    - it's vertical
    well you can say what you want about big mikers fit but lookit my 2014 post lol.

That fit needs a web and should have a dcu instead of a te, rigs are pretty wrong too as if you go the full tank route you might as well stay on it. Thats a tanky vargur, in a fit no one uses due to the aforementioned issues and due to xlasb tanks actually being better for the ship (cause everyone will want to neut you dry).

edit:

vargur:

+ can brawl
    + 32.5% tracking

Mach:

+ 550 m/s
    + 37 dps

- abhorrent tank
    - brawl potential
    - it's vertical

That fit needs a web and should have a dcu instead of a te, rigs are pretty wrong too as if you go the full tank route you might as well stay on it. Thats a tanky vargur, in a fit no one uses due to the aforementioned issues and due to xlasb tanks actually being better for the ship (cause everyone will want to neut you dry).

On my fit, wouldn't a dcu have more benefit than the TE?
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Depends, yuo can meta the cap booster, drop the cap rig for a t2 ambit and get a meta dcu instead of the te if you want to, that way you lose some cap, some tracking (range stays the same) and gain way more ehp and you rep more. Its your decision if you value more cap and slightly better application over more reps. Assuming you mean the 650mm fit. I think you would want more cap in reality, but you will see. Dcu is probably the safer fit.

Like with any new blingy ship you also should take it to the test server first and try it out there.

It also is crucial that you can do that perfectly, as that is what keeps you alive if you are roaming, im not sure if it still is in the game but if it is you are nearly immortal in lowsec.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 3 2015 at 08:01:52 PM.

So, ive done a bit (i.e i have gotten 2 kills so far) of highsec pvp of the following kind:

Undock in trading hub as -10, everyone snowpiles on cause free killmail (the whole reason i do this is because i hate those people, and their tears afterwards are delicious (well one of the two kills i had so far cried a lot, the cyna was cool about it)), enter bastion and kill people that agress while tanking out the faction police (i still need to get an alt into position to drop me more cap boosters constantly).

My current fit is the following:

[Vargur, highsec pvp]
    Damage Control II

Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
    Imperial Navy Heavy Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 3200
    Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
    Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

800mm Repeating Cannon II, Hail L
    Bastion Module I
    Imperial Navy Heavy Energy Neutralizer
    Imperial Navy Heavy Energy Neutralizer
    Imperial Navy Medium Energy Nosferatu

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Infiltrator II x5
    Acolyte II x5
    Republic Fleet EMP L x2000
    Republic Fleet Phased Plasma L x2000
    Republic Fleet Fusion L x2000
    Nanite Repair Paste x1000
    Navy Cap Booster 3200 x10
    Hail L x700

(thats with my implants)

Any suggestions? (edit, i know the tank is to much but you need to survive for 1 minutes without bastion after the "real" fight is over)
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; December 28 2016 at 05:35:13 AM.

Well, congratulations on being ballsy AF. However its just a matter of time until resident faggots notice you and you lose this to some nasty trap like 10+ maxdps Taloses landing in your face when you're in bastion.

You should strongly consider an XL-ASB version (obv. NEVER "reload all"), because then you at least wont get shit on by the odd Bhaal.
    While at that also consider a torp golem. If you roll no-prop fitting isnt that bad (dread guristas torp launchers are p. great), noone will easily mitigate 100% of your dps + a Golem looks even more carebeary.

No reason not to bring x-type neuts either (32km optimal for measly 100mil)

Also bring a DST for unlimited cap boosters. Ideally also a neutral bumping mach and a max-link command destroyer.
    Last edited by n0th; December 28 2016 at 08:45:44 AM.

HIGHSEC PVP