hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: [PVE] Loki

  1. #41
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Can you refit subsystems in mobile depots?
    Yes. In my PvE T3s I always carry a covert ops cloak and a covops subsystem in case I get caught somewhere.

  2. #42
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,091
    Remember that they take away quite a bit of space, the cloak too.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  3. #43

    Join Date
    September 9, 2013
    Location
    WH Space
    Posts
    583
    Cloak takes tons of space :P
    You should test the loki out and see how it performs, can try in c2 data / relic site since those i believe are as close to c3 difficulty but easier to find when day tripping
    Web or tracking enhancer can be nice against the frigates.
    Also c3 sites the most of the anoms the rats dont point there with one exception + data / relic i think might do pointing too.

  4. #44
    Smuggo
    Guest
    getatengu

  5. #45
    Lapsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2013
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    getatengu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed
    not the Tengu or the Drake or Legion
    Will have a look at refitting in a depot, need to have a look how much space they can carry, etc... they'd just been implemented last time I un-subbed so don't know much about them really.

  6. #46
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    getatengu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed
    not the Tengu or the Drake or Legion
    Will have a look at refitting in a depot, need to have a look how much space they can carry, etc... they'd just been implemented last time I un-subbed so don't know much about them really.
    Well you need 50m3 for the depot, 100m3 for the cloak and 40m3 for any additional subsystems plus you ammo and any extra mods. A tengu cargo hold is about 400m3 i think so you should have plenty space for all that stuff.

  7. #47
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,091
    Fitting programs such as PyFa can simulate cargo, so you can see how much can fit in it without buying the ship ingame.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  8. #48
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    getatengu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed
    not the Tengu or the Drake or Legion
    Have you considered training for one though? The Legion is a damn fine PvE boat, much better than the Loki.

  9. #49
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Hmmm... while we're on the topic I'm wondering if there are any T3 fits that can solo C4s? Neuting would be the main concern and I figured a dual ASB tengu might tank it but HML damage so bad these days, not sure it would get through the RR.

  10. #50
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Hmmm... while we're on the topic I'm wondering if there are any T3 fits that can solo C4s? Neuting would be the main concern and I figured a dual ASB tengu might tank it but HML damage so bad these days, not sure it would get through the RR.
    Not really. Marauders can do it, but that's about it.

  11. #51
    Lapsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2013
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1*
    Have you considered training for one though? The Legion is a damn fine PvE boat, much better than the Loki.
    Yep, have thought about both Legion and Tengu. But I've got no laser skills and almost no missile skills, so either would be from scratch for both the hull and weapon systems. I'll train them eventually, but there's other skills that are higher priority for me at the moment to start training for them currently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1*
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo
    Hmmm... while we're on the topic I'm wondering if there are any T3 fits that can solo C4s? Neuting would be the main concern and I figured a dual ASB tengu might tank it but HML damage so bad these days, not sure it would get through the RR.
    Not really. Marauders can do it, but that's about it.
    Kronos or Vargur?

    Although I assume for C4s that a few T3s can do them as a gang or are you better off with RR BS at that point?
    Last edited by Lapsed; October 21 2014 at 11:58:20 AM.

  12. #52
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post

    Kronos or Vargur?
    My Corpmates say the Paladin is the best. Good damage with good application at 100km and closer.
    I think Golem or Vargur is number two .. not sure.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  13. #53

    Join Date
    September 9, 2013
    Location
    WH Space
    Posts
    583
    All marauders work with some work..
    I tried vargur and golem and i prefer the G, less effort
    I seen the Pal in action though and its so so beatifuly effecient at what it does..
    I heard a friend who tried kronos he sawed it down said it wasn't so good, i dont remember what he thought was bad exactly though.
    But what root said about Paladin sums it up nice.

  14. #54
    Movember 2011Donor Cue1*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Native Freshfood
    Posts
    6,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Although I assume for C4s that a few T3s can do them as a gang or are you better off with RR BS at that point?
    2 RR Tengus can run everything in a C4 IIRC, but it's not exactly fast. RR BS require more people, but are generally faster, specifically Domis.

  15. #55
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Although I assume for C4s that a few T3s can do them as a gang or are you better off with RR BS at that point?
    2 RR Tengus can run everything in a C4 IIRC, but it's not exactly fast. RR BS require more people, but are generally faster, specifically Domis.
    Downside being they rape your mass.

    I steamroll sites with variations of gilas with logi, but depending on how many people you're running, and if ppl can dual box, you can run a tinker setup with 1 logi, 1 BS (domi or rattlesnake is the usual choice here) and then add as much dps as you want.

    I am a Lamborghini tractor.

  16. #56
    Tetsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7, 2013
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Looking for a ship to solo C3 anoms and I can fly the Loki or the Proteus but not the Tengu or the Drake or Legion. I've heard the Proteus is worse than the Loki for WH PvE, so thought the Loki is probably going to be the best thing I can fly (unless a Sleipnir would be better?).

    Does this fit look OK? Not quite sure what C3 anoms need, but with my skills this is >822 DPS tank with all resists over 80%, Cap stable at 48% with hardeners, AB, Shield booster and Cap booster running. 450 DPS with drones and non-faction EMP ammo.

    [Loki, shield pve]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Damage Control II

    10MN Afterburner II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
    Imperial Navy Small Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
    Pith C-Type Large Shield Booster

    Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Core Scanner Probe I
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M

    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
    Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

    Loki Offensive - Projectile Scoping Array
    Loki Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
    Loki Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
    Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
    Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer

    Warrior II x5
    Hornet EC-300 x5

    Is this going to work OK? Is the tank overkill? Will the cap be alright (there's neuting sleepers in C3s right?)? Should I swap the shield boost amp for a tracking comp?

    I've tried something about identical to this. It doesn't work for shit because you get double webbed by rats that orbit way outside your optimal and you will never ever close to a range where you're doing more than maybe 100DPS tops from your guns.

  17. #57
    Lapsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2013
    Posts
    136
    Is a sleipnir a better option? Had a very quick play in EFT and came up with this:

    [Sleipnir, pve]
    Damage Control II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II

    10MN Afterburner II
    Pith C-Type Large Shield Booster
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Imperial Navy Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800

    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
    [empty high slot]

    Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
    Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

    Not sure what to put in the empty high (cloak?), but with the same principles it has about the same tank, more dps, more range on the guns, but at the expense of much decreased speed. Would it either be worth putting a faction AB or a regular MWD on? Also thinking about artillery, but not sure how well that would work with reduced tracking for them with frigate spawns.

  18. #58
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsed View Post
    Is a sleipnir a better option? Had a very quick play in EFT and came up with this:

    [Sleipnir, pve]
    Damage Control II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II

    10MN Afterburner II
    Pith C-Type Large Shield Booster
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Imperial Navy Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800

    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
    Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
    [empty high slot]

    Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
    Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

    Not sure what to put in the empty high (cloak?), but with the same principles it has about the same tank, more dps, more range on the guns, but at the expense of much decreased speed. Would it either be worth putting a faction AB or a regular MWD on? Also thinking about artillery, but not sure how well that would work with reduced tracking for them with frigate spawns.
    You're not gonna want to be burning cap charges for PVE.

    I'd suggest dropping 2 of ur lows to flux coils, extra high slow should be a probe launcher if you're in wspace.

    I am a Lamborghini tractor.

  19. #59
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,335
    WTF is this thing anymore?

    [Loki, PvE shield 2018 HAMs]

    Ballistic Control System II
    Ballistic Control System II

    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
    10MN Afterburner II
    Pithum A-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier
    Stasis Webifier II
    Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
    Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster

    Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
    Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
    Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
    Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
    Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile
    Expanded Probe Launcher II, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
    Salvager II
    Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
    Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

    Loki Core - Immobility Drivers
    Loki Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
    Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
    Loki Propulsion - Wake Limiter


    Hammerhead II x3
    Hobgoblin II x2

    Can easily swap the invuln for painter/missile comp/2nd web. Especially if you aren't going for omni-resists.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •