hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 256572737475
Results 1,481 to 1,496 of 1496

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Which distro is best for industrialising peasants?
    RHEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Which distro is best for industrialising peasants?
    RHEL
    Sound about right.

FWIW Debian has a Debian Edu version now, billed as being suitable for teachers to setup themselves for schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    FWIW Debian has a Debian Edu version now, billed as being suitable for teachers to setup themselves for schools.
    Should have called it Edubian.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Fjell R4 | Holy Panda switches | Tribosys 3204 lube | brass plate | ePBT 9009

Sound only recording (Samson C01U, normalised to -0.1dB).

Album.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Think I have decided on 'The Glorious GMMK' TKL ISO board with the anticipation that some time I will have to option to replace WASD with analogue switches in the future, Issue now is what switches and what caps... thinking Kailh Coppers to start with and get a sample pack to try out the others. Then i just need to find a standard ISO set of key caps thinking double shot PBTs start with and if i can find ones with glow side skirts even better.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Actually that's not a bad choice at all. Hot swap sockets means you can take it apart rather easily and clip and lube the stabilizers - makes an incredible difference.

Also, if you're looking at switches, I recommend Gateron yellow inks. They're some of the smoothest out there and great value for the price. Edit: if they're too expensive, get regular Gateron Yellows, they're like 2 quid per pack of 10.

I would avoid Kailh switches that are bundled with keyboards. Cherry MX Blacks are a much better choice albeit scratchier than aftermarket proper switches, but they're better value over time imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Actually that's not a bad choice at all. Hot swap sockets means you can take it apart rather easily and clip and lube the stabilizers - makes an incredible difference.

Also, if you're looking at switches, I recommend Gateron yellow inks. They're some of the smoothest out there and great value for the price. Edit: if they're too expensive, get regular Gateron Yellows, they're like 2 quid per pack of 10.

I would avoid Kailh switches that are bundled with keyboards. Cherry MX Blacks are a much better choice albeit scratchier than aftermarket proper switches, but they're better value over time imho.
    hmm $60 for enough switches for a TKL same price as the board as well, also doesn't the colouration affect RGB? I was wondering why you suggested kbd fans previously as you are in the UK as well I thought they were US based thanks to charging in $ more reading makes sense now.

Because you can't get them anywhere else, unfortunately they're kind of out of stock from EU suppliers.

If the RGB is board based (e.g. SMD LEDs on the PCB) then the housing should be transparent. Unfortunately you'll need to test if that yellow housing affects the RGB in any way (I am not really sure it affects it as much as it seems like). Alternative would be vanilla Gateron yellows. Much cheaper as well and fully clear transparent housing.

Kailh are perfectly fine at their price.

Cosmin gonna cosmin.

Because you can't get them anywhere else, unfortunately they're kind of out of stock from EU suppliers.

If the RGB is board based (e.g. SMD LEDs on the PCB) then the housing should be transparent. Unfortunately you'll need to test if that yellow housing affects the RGB in any way (I am not really sure it affects it as much as it seems like). Alternative would be vanilla Gateron yellows. Much cheaper as well and fully clear transparent housing.
    Have the GMMK ISO full keyboard ordered I will give those yellows a try all i need is to choose some keycaps currently it is between

FRONT/SIDE PRINTED BACKLIT KEYCAPS

Or
    PBT WHITE PUDDING BACKLIT KEYCAPS

tasteful and totally not tacky at all
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    mlyp

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    mlyp
    well perhaps not as much rainbow in the colour schemes I end up with. But I am intrigued by the idea of setting key colours by game keybinding.

I'd go with pudding PBT tbh. PBT in general are much better than cheap ABS (anything not GMK) in terms of texture and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post

Have the GMMK ISO full keyboard ordered I will give those yellows a try all i need is to choose some keycaps currently it is between

FRONT/SIDE PRINTED BACKLIT KEYCAPS

Or
    PBT WHITE PUDDING BACKLIT KEYCAPS

I have black pudding PBT's on my topre board and I very much like them. The extra light isnt as intense as you might expect due to the heavy frosting, but is certainly more than stock keys with just clear legends.