hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

My point is more about the fact that having such a high sensitivity is a pretty big handicap in anything that requires fast and precise aiming for instance, assuming you play FPS to any degree and actually want to hit something.

For reference, this is how my desk looks, and im looking for a larger mouse pad.
    In Quake, Warsow and BF3, i adjust my sensitivity to the point where i can do 180 degrees from the center of the pad. Thats about 20cm.
    In games like CS:S, ill go as low as 90 degrees from the center.
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by Tordin Varglund; November 23 2011 at 10:58:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

20 cms for 180 degrees? So maybe that's why I'm so bad at FPSs, I have mine adjusted so I turn around moving my mouse about 5cms (its full 30 sensitivty in Quake Live + 2250DPI on mouse).
    Quote Originally Posted by brent209 View Post
    what the fuck you want
    i'm the nigga runnin this
    get off my back hoe

by brent209

TMA washing mousemats, can you chuck them through the machine or handwash only, support tickets dont give me any response.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

So my Sennheiser PC 151s that I use on one of my machines have died (Well the phones still work, but the microphone has died). Obviously I'm going to keep them and use them but I need a new comms headset for this machine, another set of PC 330s is out because of the budget.

I basically have two choices - I can go to work tomorrow and get a set of Creative Fatal1ty Gaming ones, or I can wait until Monday and order a set of SteelSeries Siberia v2. Anyone got any experience, and most importantly, reliable reviews of either of these?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marram View Post
    TMA washing mousemats, can you chuck them through the machine or handwash only, support tickets dont give me any response.
    If it is the large steelseries quick heavy (or similar) just simple soap+washcloth in the sink. a minute of scrubbing followed by a quick rinse and 10-15 minutes drying and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    So my Sennheiser PC 151s that I use on one of my machines have died (Well the phones still work, but the microphone has died). Obviously I'm going to keep them and use them but I need a new comms headset for this machine, another set of PC 330s is out because of the budget.

I basically have two choices - I can go to work tomorrow and get a set of Creative Fatal1ty Gaming ones, or I can wait until Monday and order a set of SteelSeries Siberia v2. Anyone got any experience, and most importantly, reliable reviews of either of these?
    When that happened to mine, i just bought a cheap zalman mic to clip onto the cable. No need to get a brand new headset.
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Good cheapish headsets?

Need a new headset for TS and music things after the mic on my Sennheiser PC 161s broke. They were pretty good, just I don't really want to spend that much again right now, more like 30 or 40 ish. Any recommendations?

Amazon has these, but I dunno if you get more for your money at that price going with a less known brand.

i've been using a cheapo (15 quid) Logitech USB set for about 4 years. Just set your normal output to speakers, and teamsqueak/vent to the headset, and it's all fine.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Don't have speakers. Also doesn't that make some annoying feedback in TS/Vent?

Nope - no feedback at all.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Logitech can be alright, in a pinch. Plantronics is a decent enough brand, too.

Get your headphones at a local electronics shop so you can get insurance on them and break them yearly.

I now spent $2 for a new headset every 6-7months.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steel-Series...3444548&sr=1-1

Recently bought these and for that price they're unbeatable, sound is good (a little light in the midrange), and the way they setup means that games/voicecomms sound clear as you like.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I got these when they were $119.99 on black friday

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106219

It's like sexy time on your eardrums

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post

When that happened to mine, i just bought a cheap zalman mic to clip onto the cable. No need to get a brand new headset.
    Gonna try this, 6 if it's decent is a lot better than 60 for a whole new set.

Mouse: MSIE 3.0 original mouse, I guess the new one is alright but mine has worked flawlessly since it was released. Kinda cheap as well and easy to remove the brake on the scrollwheel if you like that sort of thing.

Keyboard: The sidewinder x4 is a cheap and awesome keyboard.

Headsett: Steelseries Siberia V2, only drawback is that the padding is starting to wear so it's pressing against my ears a bit.

All wired of course.

I like mine, and will keep using it until it dies of old age. They shut out sound pretty well so are good to use at lan parties. The mic is retractable, and is VERY good at filtering ambient noise, people talking to me from about 2 meters away usually aren't picked up by it.
    Last edited by Vaksai; December 10 2011 at 11:10:44 AM.

I am currently using a Sharkoon Fireglider mouse (very nice indeed) but was wondering if there are any larger/longer mice available?

As comparison the Fireglider is nearly 2cm longer than a Naga and 0.5 cm longer than a fully extended Rat-7.
    I play tons of violent video games..... and I am not a mass murderer.
    So either the television is wrong, or I`m missing a step somewhere. 0_o

The mousewheel on my old (1600dpi) MX518 just gave in so I'll be looking for a replacement.
    I've heard in lots of places the the 1800dpi version of the MX518 wasn't as well liked and the G400 seems to be a copy of that later model. Does anyone here have one? How is the build quality?

I have a G400 because the Ikari i had on the picture is a piece of crap (nbs..)

Its like the MX518, but better. The surface is a lot nicer. Otherwise much the same.
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Just collected my Steelseries 7G mechanical keyboard. First impressions are very good, seems solidly built with no unneeded fancy bits.