hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

I'm assuming it's a home server? In which case just borrow a screen, keyboard and mouse for the initial setup, then use remote desktop or VNC from another PC after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    I'm assuming it's a home server? In which case just borrow a screen, keyboard and mouse for the initial setup, then use remote desktop or VNC from another PC after that.
    and tbh that assumes its a windows server and not linux, if its linux all you need is a network connection and you can just log in using the terminal all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra
    HERE! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING ELSE! TAKE MY PANTS!

I used to go through 2 pairs of Sennheiser HD-202 headphones every year or so (I had/have a bad habit of falling asleep with them on and messing up the cords) until they stopped making them, currently using HD-201s, which are not so good. Was good quality for $20 when they were available.

Edit: Seems they're making them again, couldn't find any for less than $80 earlier this year...
    Last edited by Boltorano; November 3 2011 at 04:26:46 AM.

Headset:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...arias-review/1
    Razer Carcharias, I have them, they are awesome. Only fault: unpronounceable, limits the praise they can get if you have to look it up every time.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas Nia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganbacca View Post
    and tbh that assumes its a windows server and not linux, if its linux all you need is a network connection and you can just log in using the terminal all day long.
    It'll be a bit of everything in the next few month so i d rather keep a dedicated screen/mouse/keyboard plugged on the thing just for oshit moment when i'll fuckup the nic card and stuff like that.

I plugged a performance MX mouse and another low cost ir logitec mouse from my laptop and i could only enjoy vertical move on both (yea one D mouse isn't that great) can i adapt an IR reciever on a PS2 plug ? never tried that.
    English Langage management 4/5

Tt eSports Meka g1 for keyboard. It is good.
    Psychedelic Jesus.

I'm running a Steelseries 6gv2 and a Steelseries Sensei, pricey but I got the keyboard for half price . The mouse is easily the best mouse I have ever used, used to be a diehard logitech/intellimouse fan.

Thought if I did it again I would probably get the new intellimouse microsoft has out. But the sensei is pretty much amazing.

Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution (best mouse)
    Keyboard: Logitech G510
    Headphones: Sony MDR-V6
    Mic: Shure SM58 (alternatively you could use the SM57 and be like THE PRESIDENT)

(Headset: Creative Fatal1ty)
    MAX damage posting

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Baught a Logitech G110 because I need all of my electronics to glow the same color.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Are Razer/Logitech making a dedicated leftie model? I've seen something from Logitech, but shit was ancient. I'll probably splash out something for an ambidextrous Razer model come winter. Currently on a cheapo A4tech X7 :<

Also, MS Natural 4000 kbd owner, not sure if I'd recommend for serious gaming (though I definitely am getting a new one if this one breaks (or gets dirty, I'm terrified of taking it apart)), I guess it suits general typist work more. Not too crazy about the reverse slope, tried and took it off.

Ed: also, and this might be a tad offtopic, but how are you guys plugging in your headsets? I'm using a spare jack on the soundcard to 'clone' speaker output to headphones so I don't have to pull them out/in everytime I want to listen to speakers, but I guess this could not be an option with, say, a 7.1 speaker set.
    Last edited by halka; November 10 2011 at 04:31:22 PM.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

I have a Y adapter between speaker out and headphones as well as speakers. The Razer headset I have has a long ass cable that would be more in the way than anything else if hooked to the front port. The Y adapter is somewhat less than ideal, but not only solves the long headphone cable problem, but also the software switching of output. Just turn speakers down / off, headset up.
    nevar forget

PC speakers connected to motherboard audio output.
    Auxiliary input from stereo system is connected to the internal sound card output, then Winamp sends music through the sound card to the stereo system.
    Headset is connected to the outputs on my G510 keyboard and inputs/outputs for Teamspeak are sent through the keyboard.
    Headphones and mic are connected to a USB mixer.

End result is sound for games and browser etc comes through computer speakers, music comes through my stereo, and voice comms come through my headset. Volumes are all individually adjustable using the headset volume control, winamp volume control and pc speakers volume control.
    Feels good.
    Last edited by Amantus; November 10 2011 at 05:54:02 PM.
    MAX damage posting

fuck entrox Donor Jason Marshall's Avatar
    Someone uses audio equipment has sex toys.

"Sometimes someone just needs to be the OP" -Tellenta Philosopher of our People.

Speakers run through an old Cambridge A1 Amp, headphones run directly off the back of my soundcard. Software can tell which program to route to what these days, which is nice.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I bought a Saitek RAT7 recently after owning an MX518 for a long time. I'm quite satisfied. You can adjust the position and angle of the thumb section, the palm and pinkie rests come in two other varieties, you can move the palm rest forward or backward, and you can even add/remove weights stored in the body. Also it looks like a Decepticon.

Spoiler:

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    My headset is the Sennheiser HD570, which isn't made anymore. They're open-air, so I can still be aware of my surroundings when listening, and they don't assault my ears. Contrast that to the first closed Sennheiser headphones set I tried, which prevented me from hearing a person who was standing next to me.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    I bought a Saitek RAT7 recently after owning an MX518 for a long time. I'm quite satisfied. You can adjust the position and angle of the thumb section, the palm and pinkie rests come in two other varieties, you can move the palm rest forward or backward, and you can even add/remove weights stored in the body. Also it looks like a Decepticon.
    [/spoiler]
    How do you even play anything with such a small mouse pad?

Ive got a QcK heavy and i find myself wishing it was larger
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Are Razer/Logitech making a dedicated leftie model? I've seen something from Logitech, but shit was ancient. I'll probably splash out something for an ambidextrous Razer model come winter. Currently on a cheapo A4tech X7 :<
    Razer have a few models that will work on either hand and I have seen ordering infor for left handed versions of the deathadder.. If you want a left handed version of the naga then you need your brain examined, but rumor is they are doing one (or have done one).
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Razer have a few models that will work on either hand and I have seen ordering infor for left handed versions of the deathadder.. If you want a left handed version of the naga then you need your brain examined, but rumor is they are doing one (or have done one).
    Abyssus, Lachesis, and Orochi are their ambidextrous mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordin Varglund View Post

How do you even play anything with such a small mouse pad?

Ive got a QcK heavy and i find myself wishing it was larger
    My default sensitivity is 1600 (mouse does 800/1600/3200/5600 stock, but those four can be tweaked as desired), so it doesn't require a lot of physical movement. Plus installing a new keyboard/mouse drawer is :effort:.