hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 125259606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1301

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

The Logitech Master 2S is an under-thought and over-engineered piece of shit and you shouldn't buy it.

Need a suggestion for a replacement, I literally only ordered this because my old Performance MX (8 years strong) had the scroll button break and I ordered a new one one-day without doing research (it's Christmas so shipping is tight).

The scroll braking is fucking retarded (it uses a loud AF solenoid or motor to dynamically "Smart" enable it.) The fix is to download a 150MB driver that first asks you to send telemetry to logitech (FUCK YOU) and then to register an account (FUCK YOU).

The battery is not replaceable, but Logitech promises you 70 days if you remember to turn your mouse off.

It's also somehow larger and more expensive than the original.

Noticed my Christmas bonus (From a college lol it's 200 quid) has hit my account. so it's time for a decent set of wireless cans.
    I just ordered these bad boys : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GFRPR2D/

i R excite - they seem to be very highly thought of, and a humongous step up from my current wired pieces of 'Creativ' shite

in extra wireless win, my wife bought me a set of EnacFire Wireless earbuds for chrimbo. they are damn sexy. i am impressed!
    Last edited by Itiken; December 26 2018 at 08:17:31 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Friend of mine has the Arctis Pro Wireless - he's very happy about them, albeit holy shit them price tags, you can get audiophile grade headphones and a great BT DAC and still have some dough for gelato - if you're keen on wirelessness
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    The Logitech Master 2S is an under-thought and over-engineered piece of shit and you shouldn't buy it.

Need a suggestion for a replacement, I literally only ordered this because my old Performance MX (8 years strong) had the scroll button break and I ordered a new one one-day without doing research (it's Christmas so shipping is tight).

The scroll braking is fucking retarded (it uses a loud AF solenoid or motor to dynamically "Smart" enable it.) The fix is to download a 150MB driver that first asks you to send telemetry to logitech (FUCK YOU) and then to register an account (FUCK YOU).

The battery is not replaceable, but Logitech promises you 70 days if you remember to turn your mouse off.

I keep recommending the G700(S), it has an AA battery that's somehow decent and you don't need to telemetry stuff to Logitech. The on-board memory is rather shoddy and tends to lose info sometimes, so make sure you save your profiles and be ready to re-import at times. Other than that it's a time-proof mouse that is still decent nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

I keep recommending the G700(S), it has an AA battery that's somehow decent and you don't need to telemetry stuff to Logitech. The on-board memory is rather shoddy and tends to lose info sometimes, so make sure you save your profiles and be ready to re-import at times. Other than that it's a time-proof mouse that is still decent nowadays.
    I just wish they made the G500 FOREVER.

Wish my MX518 still clicked well

Best mouse ever made, fite me

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Noticed my Christmas bonus (From a college lol it's 200 quid) has hit my account. so it's time for a decent set of wireless cans.
    I just ordered these bad boys : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GFRPR2D/!
    Colour me impressed but not in expected ways. They are rock solid and sound amazing. but more importantly the USB soundcard/transmitter auto-switches so you can have cans off and speakers on without any kind of switching. This is voodoo magic!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Friend of mine has the Arctis Pro Wireless - he's very happy about them, albeit holy shit them price tags, you can get audiophile grade headphones and a great BT DAC and still have some dough for gelato - if you're keen on wirelessness
    As an owner of the arctus 7 wireless headphones, I would now go the pro. The 7s are great and I love the little features like the pass-through speakers so when you turn the headphones off the audio just switches to your normal desk speakers, or the independent voice and game volumes.. Easily the best PC headset I've ever had and the extra features of the pro (dac Nd swapable batteries) would be an awesome addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Tried on the arctis 7's in PC World the other day, 1 the head strap is just as great as i thought it would be compared padded single strap headphones, 2 they are so light weight at least half that of my g930's. I would have bought the 7's a long time ago if it were not for the Pro wireless version being a thing, I cant settle for second best when the best has so much more, yet I just can't bring myself to spend 300 on a headset. I will cave eventually probably when my 930's cant be bodged any more.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I stuck a V-moda Boom Pro microphone ($30) into a proper set of headphones a couple of months ago and never looked back. Fuck all gaming headsets, this sounds so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Fuck all gaming headsets, this sounds so much better.
    I'd replace/expand "gaming headsets" with "gaming headsets by suppliers not stemming from recording/studio equipment backgrounds". Companies like Sure, AKG, Sennheiser now have a bit under a century experience with acustics, which is an art of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I'd replace/expand "gaming headsets" with "gaming headsets by suppliers not stemming from recording/studio equipment backgrounds". Companies like Sure, AKG, Sennheiser now have a bit under a century experience with acustics, which is an art of itself.
    Adding in Audiotechnica for justice because the M50x are just fantastic and their background checks out. Only since 1962, but ohwell

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Disagree. Brands like Sennheiser make both really good and really bad shit. I've listened to their gaming headsets before going this route and was severely underwhelmed.

All gaming headsets are marketed towards comfort and features over audio quality, from all brands.

Honestly, the Steelseries Siberia V2 were amongst the best out there. Light weight and really comfy to wear and decent sound quality.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I think the scroll wheel on my new Corsair mouse is dying. Scrolling down doesn't result in smooth movement, and sometimes it scrolls up slightly.

It's only a few months old.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I think the scroll wheel on my new Corsair mouse is dying. Scrolling down doesn't result in smooth movement, and sometimes it scrolls up slightly.

It's only a few months old.
    That was common on my Mionix mice.

I RMA'd a Corsair keyboard some time ago (in the UK), was a pretty easy process. I'd recommend you try that if your scroll wheel feels broken.

Sick and tired of rotating mice around because none of them fucking work without proper shit installed, got a Logitech G603.

It's bloody epic. That is all.

Except they removed the tilt scroll to click buttons and the freewheel scrolling, I'm unsure why.

Sick and tired of rotating mice around because none of them fucking work without proper shit installed, got a Logitech G603.

Except they removed the tilt scroll to click buttons and the freewheel scrolling, I'm unsure why.
    In my experience the lock for the free wheel scrolling is usually one of the first things to go. If you like free wheel scrolling it's not to bad, if you don't then you pretty much have to throw the thing out.. I'm going to assume from that they thought to make a few models without it for people that don't like it so it can't break on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

In my experience the lock for the free wheel scrolling is usually one of the first things to go. If you like free wheel scrolling it's not to bad, if you don't then you pretty much have to throw the thing out.. I'm going to assume from that they thought to make a few models without it for people that don't like it so it can't break on them.
    Ayy. I'm unsure of what people do, but the scroll wheel on my G700 is still in top shape. The only problem with that mouse is that it becomes too heavy after a while (it's 152g with the battery and sans the nano receiver) and the battery life is terrible (single AA, lasts maybe one day). But that scroll wheel with side tilt buttons and freemove is amazing af.

Nah the G603 is p. good at what it does - with the minor quirks above and the BT connection which is lagging unacceptably. Through the normal receiver thingie it works flawlessly, shape is tip top, really happy with it. It can also function on only one of the two batteries, so if weight is an issue you can use one AAA battery with a AAA to AA converter and I think it goes sub 100g with that mod. States that it can run quite a long while on one battery alone (granted at 125Hz polling rate, which actually can be felt when compared to 1000Hz) - 18 months. I'm unsure if that's with one or two batteries, probably with the latter. This was actually the big selling point, this sensor seems to be quite good (no built in acceleration, feels really gud and it's remarkably power efficient). At the moment stuck two Energizer Lithium AA in it, will see how long they last.

Edit: really dig the material it's built from, it's a grippy-ish plastic that feels quite good and seems resistant to fingerprints. I like the rugged plastics on the G700 more, though. That mouse is still so good