hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1491

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Itt I learned Isyel finds it more comfortable to look away from the screen whilst playing a game to find the key needed for the action than just press it by already knowing where it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In a game like elite, it certainly is easier for me to look down and see the L key back lit in yellow than it is to do a wing span from was with my left hand to find it.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse on this, but tailn's use case is perfectly valid.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    But it may be worth an objective look at it?
    I'm sorry, but there is absolutely nothing objective about any of this. It's purely based on what one finds more comfortable.

May not be your case and you just stick with default keybindings in games, idk.
    Why wouldn't you if they work perfectly fine? A solution where you have to rebind everything to fit whatever ridiculous layout you're used to and where it doesn't work outside of it is anything but "objective" in advice.
    I meant looking objectively at his touch typing skills if he needs backlit keys to find shit on his board, you mong <3

Stop being retarded, default keybindings are not optimal for everybody, it's why you can change them in the first place. Fucking console plebs, I swear <3

Lol would be true but f you didnít play shit tier f2p garbage

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Who are you the games police? ^^ I love my Destiny 2 even though for many it's shit tier.

Anyhoo. Maxkey SA Leviathan and Mekanisk Fjell are here. White balance is a bit off for the Fjell, it's ultramarine not blue but iPhone camera is dumb.

Now waiting on GMK Olive

Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Who are you the games police? ^^ I love my Destiny 2 even though for many it's shit tier.

Anyhoo. Maxkey SA Leviathan and Mekanisk Fjell are here. White balance is a bit off for the Fjell, it's ultramarine not blue but iPhone camera is dumb.

Now waiting on GMK Olive

Was more about the bolded part.

ITT Cosmin is still convinced this is anything but entirely personal preference for dozens of pages.

The cheapest cheap shit standard keyboard is just as effective at being an actual keyboard as your silly custom shit, everything above is about feel and comfort, and if someone wants backlight there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    In a game like elite, it certainly is easier for me to look down and see the L key back lit in yellow than it is to do a wing span from was with my left hand to find it.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse on this, but tailn's use case is perfectly valid.
    This.
    Last edited by Isyel; October 12 2019 at 02:44:02 PM.

Sigh. Personal preference is of course the most important. I thought we were discussing about objective stuff as well. And objectively you don't need RGB at the expense of good stabilizers. That was my only point. Now, there are people who get RGB 16GB RAM instead of non RGB 32GB RAM for the same price and objectively that is worse (of course it depends on what you do with your stuff). Does that make sense?

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody who prioritized backlight only to find out at the end of the day I don't either need it or use it. Thus ended up having several mechanical boards that are quite good but shelved due to shit stabilizers. Makes sense?

@cullnean - I was kind of poking fun, I own consoles and play on them as well

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Steam controller yes/no/suggest something better for about the same price?
    Depends on what you want to use it for.

Do you want to use it as a normal controller in games that have decent controller support? Fuck no, buy an xbox controller or something, they are way better at being a normal controller.

Do you want to use it in games that have lackluster or no controller support or were made entirely for mouse + keyboard and do you not mind fiddling about quite a bit to get it just right? Buy a steam controller, there is nothing that even competes with it when it comes to being able to play just about any game with it. But the software isn't that user friendly (mostly in having good defaults or surfacing good community profiles) so you'll have to spend some time on a profile for each game you want to use it with. The upshot is that games you never considered using a controller for, like Stellaris, are suddenly perfectly playable with a controller and that trackball mode + fine gyro aiming works wonders in games like Tomb Raider. It's not the best for competitive multiplayer FPS for example, though there are a few people who are really good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Do you want to use it as a normal controller in games that have decent controller support? Fuck no, buy an xbox controller or something, they are way better at being a normal controller.

Do you want to use it in games that have lackluster or no controller support or were made entirely for mouse + keyboard and do you not mind fiddling about quite a bit to get it just right? Buy a steam controller, there is nothing that even competes with it when it comes to being able to play just about any game with it. But the software isn't that user friendly (mostly in having good defaults or surfacing good community profiles) so you'll have to spend some time on a profile for each game you want to use it with. The upshot is that games you never considered using a controller for, like Stellaris, are suddenly perfectly playable with a controller and that trackball mode + fine gyro aiming works wonders in games like Tomb Raider. It's not the best for competitive multiplayer FPS for example, though there are a few people who are really good with it.
    Accurate.

This is a good post.

I only ever used a steam controller to play mouse and keyboard games, my housemate set up all the fiddly stuff so I never really dealt with that side of it. For FPS we used xbox controllers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

As mentioned above, apparently Microsoft put some thingamajigger in the Xbox S controller that stops it working on non-Windows OS. So I have to consider other things.

I do not mind moderate fiddling, and I'm not too proud to go with off the shelf profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

X360 controller ? Still pretty decent imo and always good to have around.

As mentioned above, apparently Microsoft put some thingamajigger in the Xbox S controller that stops it working on non-Windows OS. So I have to consider other things.

I do not mind moderate fiddling, and I'm not too proud to go with off the shelf profiles.
    I don't believe this for a second, when there are like bits for the switch you can buy that let you use an Xbox controller on it iirc.

Ok literally two seconds of Google show what you're saying is not true at all with plenty of articles regarding the xbox one controller on Linux.
    Last edited by Isyel; October 14 2019 at 12:44:19 AM.

Linux, it just works
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Linux, it just works

It is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

I don't believe this for a second, when there are like bits for the switch you can buy that let you use an Xbox controller on it iirc.

Ok literally two seconds of Google show what you're saying is not true at all with plenty of articles regarding the xbox one controller on Linux.
    v0v I dunno I googled, granted not very thoroughly, and there were people saying it didn't

if that's not right then great
    I love Malcanis!

Linux, it just works
    More instances of successful deployment than revolutionary communism tho
    I love Malcanis!

Linux, it just works
    Every deployment of Linux is revolutionary communism.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Linux, it just works
    Every deployment of Linux is revolutionary communism.
    Which would mean that >99% of successful deployments of revolutionary communism are in fact Linux installs. Really makes you think.

Which distro is best for industrialising peasants?