hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34350515253
Results 1,041 to 1,048 of 1048

Thread: Monthly Mouse/Keyboard/Headset Thread

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    There are so many good mice to choose from. Read up on Mionix, Steelseries, Zowie. Even brands like Roccat, Razer and Cooler Master have some good models. Read up on perfect/flawless sensors if you want to buy a good mouse.

I'm rocking a Mionix Naos 7000 and I love it, although I wish it was even bigger.

Try to get in touch with Logitech's customer service.
    You might get a new mouse :3

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    G700/G700S
    Seconding this. Got a G700s a while back and it's the only mouse I've found good enough that I prefer it to the old MX518.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    There are so many good mice to choose from. Read up on Mionix, Steelseries, Zowie. Even brands like Roccat, Razer and Cooler Master have some good models. Read up on perfect/flawless sensors if you want to buy a good mouse.

I'm rocking a Mionix Naos 7000 and I love it, although I wish it was even bigger.
    From my experience (I feel I should bold this so you don't go full Overspark on me again ), choosing a mouse is a very personal thing. I own literally a lapful of mice (SS, Razer, Logitech) and I keep finding out that whilst I do have a favourite (G700), I'm still in love with the comfy feeling of the Xai, with the friendly shape of the Mamba, I even keep using the old G9 at times.

It's a lot about what you owned for a long time and grown accustomed to and also new features and sensors can sway it one way or the other. I personally don't find it that critical to have precisely zero acceleration and I can get away with using some of them wirelessly, but overall it's still a deeply personal choice. Hence my recommendation with the G700/G700S, which imho have the closest resemblance to the MX1000 (weight, shape, button placement, wireless capabilities, general feel of the moving cursor).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

From my experience (I feel I should bold this so you don't go full Overspark on me again ), choosing a mouse is a very personal thing. I own literally a lapful of mice (SS, Razer, Logitech) and I keep finding out that whilst I do have a favourite (G700), I'm still in love with the comfy feeling of the Xai, with the friendly shape of the Mamba, I even keep using the old G9 at times.

It's a lot about what you owned for a long time and grown accustomed to and also new features and sensors can sway it one way or the other. I personally don't find it that critical to have precisely zero acceleration and I can get away with using some of them wirelessly, but overall it's still a deeply personal choice. Hence my recommendation with the G700/G700S, which imho have the closest resemblance to the MX1000 (weight, shape, button placement, wireless capabilities, general feel of the moving cursor).
    Couldn't agree more this time.

Even on the perfect sensor bit not being a hard requirement, however I do feel that brands that care enough to use perfect sensors generally make better quality products.

I have a Rival 700, AMA.

Its great.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

bought a logitech g502

found i had to unbind most of the buttons because they were too sensitive and too easily nudged. for example there's 2 buttons (default bound to dpi+/-) that sit alongside mouse1 and form a contiguous surface with it. so if your finger strays at all on mouse1 suddenly dpi switch. not exactly great for fps. of course you can rebind, but i haven't been able to think of any function i'd want as an option that could be accidentally enabled.

mouse wheel has a lovely mechanical feel to it, with a button that allows it to freewheel that i'm actually a little bit addicted to :3

i also find it causes my hand to cramp up playing fps games. on the left side there's a nice ridge for the thumb and the mouse has a good height to it and is comfortable. the right side of the mouse is significantly lower though, and i find my ring finger doesn't rest naturally either on top or on the side, so always has to strain to grip. people hold their mouse in different ways ofc, but i'd suggest for anyone that has normal sized hands who 'grips' a mouse (rather than rest on it or whatever), then the logitech g502 will not suit you.

everything else is good though, feels solid and good quality, software is fine, cord is good etc etc.

thought worth sharing as it's a relatively expensive mouse to be buying and then find out you don't like it.
    Last edited by Shiodome; December 11 2016 at 04:05:03 PM.

I have the same, also unbinded the DPI +/- keys, thumb buttom I use for push-to-talk in ts3.
    Have it for 1+ year now.

Can recommand.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~